Granite Counters And Bar / Wooden Wardrobe

SDH

Hi Everyone,

I've got this condo and I need to put in a granite counter top with sink eith a round table attached at the end and a kind of bar behind it. Also I need to buy and get installed some wooden warddrobes and other things.....

Does anyone know of a reputable contractor or designer in Chiang Mai? Preferably with a website?

I saw some stuff done by Archanddesign and it was very nice but I cannot find them.

Thanks for any help in advance :o ,

SDH.

There is a large furniture shop on the Super Highway access road west of the Lana Hospital on the same side. They can arrange the kitchen cabinet with granite top and have samples of cabinets and granite. Do not know about the quality. Other shops can do the same. A less expensive alternative might be to design yourself and hire a carpenter to build and a granite man to put the top on. If you are interested in this approach and speak Thai, PM me for the contacts of the carpenter and granite man who just finished mine.

Otherwise you could try Bangkok furniture. Big showroom on Mahidol road - if your heading away from airport plaza towards San Kamphaeng ( the 1317, right ? ) it's on the right a few hundred meters before the river. They did a good job on my place. Speak to Vichian the owner. Not the cheapest but good quality and efficient.

Otherwise you could try Bangkok furniture. Big showroom on Mahidol road - if your heading away from airport plaza towards San Kamphaeng ( the 1317, right ? ) it's on the right a few hundred meters before the river. They did a good job on my place. Speak to Vichian the owner. Not the cheapest but good quality and efficient.

I'll heck it out for sure....Thanks for the help! :o:D:D

Best to avoid the showrooms & contact tradesman direct, especially if recommended as by someone who's happy with their work such as bill97. the showrooms will just charge you a hefty commission & have similar contractors do the work.

Alright then :o do you know of any that're good?

Best to avoid the showrooms & contact tradesman direct, especially if recommended as by someone who's happy with their work such as bill97. the showrooms will just charge you a hefty commission & have similar contractors do the work.

Alright then :o do you know of any that're good?

I don't, but bill97 suggests you PM him in post #2 to get details of people he's used.

Call k. Air at K.A. Design. Thai language preferred. :o 0840409200

They do exactly what you want: Built-in furtniture and any kind of interior stuff really including breaking and building walls, rock masonry, etc. They did my bathroom (lots of granite) as well as some furniture, a sliding partition-door in the same style as existing built-in furniture, etc.

They're also good in that they clean up properly, not just after the job but every day.

The downside is they're not the fastest people in the world. Prices are good, though, always VERY reasonable. We used to discuss the quotations a lot and always there was a good reason for a particular choice. And it's a one-stop shop as they'll arrange stuff they don't do themselves, like electrical stuff. Did a splendid job with some point lighting, dimming switches, etc.

Edited by Sanpatong

[quote name='SDH' date='2007-09-20 13:18:48' post='1546939'

I did PM him and am awaiting a reply :o

Thanks for the input,

SDH

Got the PM and sent reply. For some reason the new PM did not load when the site loaded so I did not know it was there this morning.

Call k. Air at K.A. Design. Thai language preferred. :D 0840409200

They do exactly what you want:

Right on this seems like it's the place..... :D You're right I'm looking for a "one stop shop" I'll give them a call, I suck at design so maybe they can come up with something for me as well :o !

Thanks,

SDH.

• 1 year later...

I attempted to send "Bill97" a PM today but rec'd msg back "not delivered"

Bill, if you see this post, please PM me, I'm looking for a granite installer for my kitchen coutertops.

I have the granite slabs on site, just need an installer.

Thanks.