Hua Hin

MercMan

I arrived in Bangkok on the 22nd August, 2007, (for 12 days) on my first overseas trip, ever, and even though I was an invited guest on behalf of a Honory Consular - General of South Australia, I was indeed very surprised at the enormity of the Suvarnabhumi Airport. After travelling from Adelaide/Melbourne to Bangkok for 11 hours, I was very happy to be back on land again.

In spite of taking up too an hour to get out of the airport and eventually arriving at Nai Lert Park Hotel, I was surprised by the friendliness and the help that I received from both the driver of the car and the hotel staff.

I spent most of my time in Thailand at Hua Hin. It was, during this time, I was able to venture out, unguided to find out what I could about Thailand. While I realise that Thailand does not start and stop at Hua Hin, I was able to fulfil my curiosity about the Thai people and their culture.

I had been advised, well before arriving in Thailand to always, show respect to the King and Queen of Thailand. And so I had that opportunity to do so, when the King left his palace in Hua Hin for an unknown destination.

In summary, I must say that my first visit to Thailand has been a pleasant one. I guess my own experience in life has taught me to be aware of the possible dangers, no matter where you go, and to rely heavily on your instincts. Common sense, always seems to prevail where ever I go.

I will be returning to Thailand, and Hua Hin in May of next year. I will also be staying in Cha-Am Beach as it appears that it could be a nice place to stay.

However, only knowing a few people in Thailand now, I am seeking, any relevant information about where to stay in Hua Hin as I was on my visit, staying in a private condominium. I need also any information about where to stay in Cha-Am Beach as well.

All in all, I enjoyed my visit and my desire to return to this lovely country is overwhelming.

And that is, just my opinion. :o

Ah, nothing about gay life in Hua Hin. I've been there, done that, and won't comment, yet, except that it's a lovely place to stay for short time, long time, whatever.

Well, I was told of only two gay night clubs in Hua Hin, both relatively close to each other, but I did not have the opportunity to visit either.

Maybe next time.

sorry, it does not :D now, if you have something to report about a nice gay friendly or owned guesthouse/restaurant/or club we should all check-out next time we are in hua hin...it would be a different story. otherwise, it's better reported in the travel forum, with all the straight travel reports :o

Edited by JonnieB

Hi there, l used to live in Hua Hin/Chaam for 9 years as l was employed by a hotel chain there. There is a great choice of boutique and very friendly hotels in Hua Hin. Although Cha'am has its very own charms, the main market is the weekend domestic market so expect alot more 'Thainess' when you stay there. For a reliable travel agent in Hua Hin, l use Western Tours (Khun Jom)

For the nightlife, look on gayromeo.com and look for 'Deared' as he owns a small establishment near to the Hilton hotel.... Not many places in Hua Hin, but you will still find the friendliness of the locals!

Happy holidays....

If folks persist, I could remove all the gay-only material and transfer all the rest to either the Hua Hin/Cha-Am or the Travel forum. The guesthouse mentioned above is next to Doi Boy Cabaret (not sure if they're still open); the other more elaborate cabaret show is in the tourist area off Soi Binabot, Blue Angel Cabaret. And yes, the folks at both places are very friendly.