New Tesco Lotus

Crow Boy

I have been watching with some interest the construction of a new building in Bo Sang. It is on hwy 1006 and almost opposite the current fresh market on the same road. The building had a familiar look to it and when they started to paint it blue and white I thought it was most likely a new Tesco lotus store. In San Kamphaenge we have a mini lotus which does a thriving trade much to the detrement of the local 7-11 that killed of the Mum & Dad (Mom & Pop) stores.

The other day I noticed that they had erected a sign out front and it is going to be a new full size Tesco Lotus. This will have a dramatic effect on the area. Most people needing to do a major shop go to Big C or CarreFour. I think that now they will opt for the much easier Lotus store.

I am not sure if there will be any ancillary shops around the Lotus but if it does then that will add to the impact. At the moment it looks like a stand alone store and that is in accordance to the policy Tesco Lotus made when they had problems with the previous government (ie the one that was actually elected). Lotus had a lot of problems in places such as Chiang Rai and were threatened with closure because local shops would be adversely affected. Lotus responded by restricting the size of their mall markets and made them stand alone. This is less economical to them but was a workable solution. It also gavet them the right to sell 'sales sites' within the carpark and create a mini mall of their own.

CB

thanks for the heads up Crowy :o

went past there today, and its going to be my local supermaket when it opens. Carrefour is ok, but a bit dated and also the superhighway on ramp isnt complete yet. Mind you I like the fresh breads they have there, and the foreign section is well stocked.

Whens the opening date?

Im sure that roads going to be busier once the place opens, and being opposite the fresh market is going to be tricky turning out right.

Where abouts are you from the new site Crowboy?

We are back towards Louis Silver on the 2nd ring rd.