Infant And Maternal Mortality

visionary

I am engaged in the formation of a new Canadian based charity that has a major interest in combatting infant and maternal mortality. Our intention is to focus upon the malnutrition related factors by encouraging the creation , distribution and export of dry packaged food blends comprised of foods that contain nutrients not normally found in the diet of the disadvantaged and that are enriched by the addition of vital nutrients not found in the food blend itself.The final product will be packaged like trail mix, thereby making it easily transportable and affordable due to it's availability in small quantities. The object of this post is to make contact with other people concerned about infant and maternal mortality that are approaching the problem by this and other methods. I look forward to hearing from you and learning about your methods.

Edited by visionary

Impact of Dietary Change ?

I have many questions in this regard. Malnutrition is a major factor in maternal mortality and immune deficiency. Dietary change aleviates vitamin deficiency to some extent but too much change presents new hazards. If our proposed dietary products are going to be a benefit we will require consultation with medical and midwife programs that are active in the communities that we wish to develop specifacally tailored products for. At present, we are a long way from packaging but very close to planting.