Letter From Bank

I will be doing the renewal for my non immigrant O-A visa at the beginning of next month and I am going to obtain a letter from The Bangkok Bank

1. To confirm the transfer of my 800K from the UK which was done in August to comply with the three months

2. To confirm the balance as of the end of October. (Which will be in excess of the 800K at the time I am issued with the letter)

Does anyone have a specimen letter to this effect which they have used so that I can show it to the Bangkok Bank or do you think they will know what is required?

I will be doing the renewal for my non immigrant O-A visa at the beginning of next month and I am going to obtain a letter from The Bangkok Bank

1. To confirm the transfer of my 800K from the UK which was done in August to comply with the three months

2. To confirm the balance as of the end of October. (Which will be in excess of the 800K at the time I am issued with the letter)

Does anyone have a specimen letter to this effect which they have used so that I can show it to the Bangkok Bank or do you think they will know what is required?

I just asked them for a letter for immigration...no problems.Also take the bank book with you.

I just asked them for a letter for immigration...no problems.Also take the bank book with you.

Many thanks I will set it up this week so they have plenty of notice.

If your bank is a small branch out in the nowhere, you may do this as a dry run, just to check that they know what you want and need.

But the actual letter to immigration should be made on the same day or the day before you actually go to immigration.

Regards Thedi

If your bank is a small branch out in the nowhere, you may do this as a dry run, just to check that they know what you want and need.

But the actual letter to immigration should be made on the same day or the day before you actually go to immigration.

Regards Thedi

Thanks for that I was planning to ask them to prepare my letter for the 1st November and I will attend the Immigration Bureau in Bangkok on the 2nd.

You should need a letter for the money transfer - just get a copy of the wire transfer paper - you can do that early. The letter should have your name and account number and the current balance in the account. It should be addressed to Immigration and is normally done in Thai. Make sure your passbook is updated to show the same amount as reported and have copies made that you sign.

And following my experience in Nong Khai last week make sure the last date in your bank passbook showing the final amount is the same date as your letter. ie the date of the letter and the amount shown in the letter should agree with the passbook.

My letter also had my passport number on it as well as my name.

As I read the police order 606 they are only wanting the bank letter to confirm the facts required for the visa. If you tell the bank you need the two points you listed above, it should be no problem. We just got our letter from SCB with no hassles.

A couple of months ago a friend renewed his retirement visa in Bangkok using the monthly income of B65,000 and a letter from the US consulate. He had his bankbook but no letter from the bank and this was ok. Has anyone else renewed recently using the monthly income and did not get a bank letter>

A couple of months ago a friend renewed his retirement visa in Bangkok using the monthly income of B65,000 and a letter from the US consulate. He had his bankbook but no letter from the bank and this was ok. Has anyone else renewed recently using the monthly income and did not get a bank letter>

Spaniel it is not me to tell you what to do. Your friend might just have been lucky that day. Play it safe and bring along updated bank book and bank letter both matching and the letter as recent as possible. That has nothing to do with the Embassy Income Letter that you have to bring along anyway. Good luck!