Chiang Mai Immigration Office

neilrob

Suit and tie might be a bit much, gpd...they might think you are trying a bit too hard- run a 50-state on you, and find out about that little matter in Montana involving the circus dwarf, the stolen horses, etc.....

Pair of Dockers (ironed with a crease), a polo shirt, shoes and socks is more that enough.

A nice watch if you have one and a gold ring won't hurt.

I go like this:

post-23786-1218115389_thumb.jpg

They like it! I'm exotic; we do the fist-bump thing....works like a charm :D

:o Hey Mac...

Don't know how I missed this one..

I swear I let the dwarf go after just a few hours.

I did wear pants and shoes with socks on my 90 dayer and even brought some of those candy lips to fake a smile if needed, but alas..didn't even get to step up to the counter so that I could eye the pooyings.

See, my best Sunday go to meetin' duds.

post-46099-1222072305_thumb.jpg

Suit and tie might be a bit much, gpd...they might think you are trying a bit too hard- run a 50-state on you, and find out about that little matter in Montana involving the circus dwarf, the stolen horses, etc.....

Pair of Dockers (ironed with a crease), a polo shirt, shoes and socks is more that enough.

A nice watch if you have one and a gold ring won't hurt.

I go like this:

post-23786-1218115389_thumb.jpg

They like it! I'm exotic; we do the fist-bump thing....works like a charm :D

:o Hey Mac...

Don't know how I missed this one..

I swear I let the dwarf go after just a few hours.

I did wear pants and shoes with socks on my 90 dayer and even brought some of those candy lips to fake a smile if needed, but alas..didn't even get to step up to the counter so that I could eye the pooyings.

See, my best Sunday go to meetin' duds.

Just a heads up for you yanks. I went yesterday for my long term non immigrant -O-. renewal and was told I must have the letter from the USA consulate about my income. extra 1020 Baht. So save yourself

a few hours of frustration and get the letter before you go. Last year I was never asked for it. :D TIT. Chok Dee.

• 2 weeks later...

As for a work permit, I've never had one because, although I came here intending to work, I changed my mind once I got here and decided not to bother. I thought someone might ask to see my work permit when I came through a border after foreign travels (since a Non-B visa is supposed to be a work visa and the holder presumably therefore should have a work permit to go with it). However, no one ever did. Also, no one at Immigration this time asked about what work I had been doing and whether or not I had a work permit, and if not, why not. Again this seemed a bit strange, but I'm not complaining.

Hope this makes sense, Neil

You can get a Non-Imm B visa, without having the need or desire to get a work permit. i.e. the 2 don't necessarily have to go together. The 'B' stands for Business, so any business person with the cause & need can got one to do business in Thailand (whilst being in the employ of a company outside of Thailand), but not necessarily work - as in gainful employment for money in Thailand or work for a company in Thailand.