Passport Needed For Domestic Flights?

mmkin

I'll be flying to Phuket from Bangkok next week and i was wondering if i can check in with my Identity Card (Government Issued - Singapore) instead of my passport?

Will we pass immigration for domestic flights?

please advise. Thanks

Why would you want to show an ID card instead of a passport.

One would assume that as you have entered the country, presumably with a passport, you would have your passport with you.

if i am allow to check in with my ID, i would prefer to use it rather than bringing my passport as i am going there for a short break and returning to bkk again.

if there is immigration clearance for domestic flights, then i have no choice but to bring along my passport.

One would assume that as you have entered the country, presumably with a passport, you would have your passport with you.

if i am allow to check in with my ID, i would prefer to use it rather than bringing my passport as i am going there for a short break and returning to bkk again.

if there is immigration clearance for domestic flights, then i have no choice but to bring along my passport.

Whenever I have used Bangkok Airways for domestic travel they have always asked to see my passport at check-in.

Maybe woth contacting your airline.

Whenever I have used Bangkok Airways for domestic travel they have always asked to see my passport at check-in.

Maybe woth contacting your airline.

thank you. looks like i got to call them up tomorrow to check

Nearly 15 years living here and have never used my passport for domestic flights. They have always excepted my Thai drivers license or university staff photo ID. I always carry it with me but in my carry on bag and would not leave the province without it. However these are both Thai identity cards and a foreign ID maybe/probably a problem.

Another issue is if you have a run in with the MIB you could get into difficulties if you can not present your passport.

Nearly 15 years living here and have never used my passport for domestic flights. They have always excepted my Thai drivers license or university staff photo ID. I always carry it with me but in my carry on bag and would not leave the province without it. However these are both Thai identity cards and a foreign ID maybe/probably a problem.

Another issue is if you have a run in with the MIB you could get into difficulties if you can not present your passport.

What's MIB?

For what it's worth, unless you are going to Phuket for a day trip, you'll need your passport to check in to a hotel.

oh yes, you are right. so in the end i still got to bring my passport for hotel check in. thanks for reminder.

What's MIB?

Man in Brown or simply Police (cops, if you prefer to say this) or in Thai Tamruat, Tamluat or ตำรวจ :o

just last week I bought an Air Asia flight from BKK-Krabi-BKK here, and they needed for the ticket my, and also my friend's passport number.

so, i assume, on the airport they will try to identify us by that.

me, dont have thai ID card, so, that isnt an option, and my home country's ID?, well nobody would care here.

a Thai driving license can often be presented in place of a passport anywhere where a Thai would usually be required to present their ID card such as domestic flights. I've even used my own country's driving license at times, although this might not always be accepted.

I currently don't have a passport as I'm getting a new one.

I used my Thai driving license for the BKK to Phuket flight. No problem. You also don't need a passport for hotels. They will accept a photo-copy if you say your passport is in an embassy for a visa. Done that many a time. What they do need to see is your TM7 card (departure card from immigration).

• 3 weeks later...