Vaccination Reccomendations...

Cowboyshoe

Relocating to the LOS for a year or more wondering what y'all think I should be innoculated against. I plan to travel around a bit (north, south, Laos, Cambodia, and wherever else sounds interesting nearby....), though staying mostly in BKK.

I've heard some of the cures can be worse than the disease, and do I need to be shot up before I get there or are there some vaccines I can (or should) wait to get in BKK?

I've been over twice before and have fared just fine, but I don't want to push my luck if I don't have to!

Thanks! :o

maybe "HEP.B" but I wouldn't think any others if you are reasonably careful and don't pass out in the yard out in some village.,,coarse I have don't that and suffered not to many ill efects from it. :o

And the bad <deleted> will kill ya any way as there are no shots for THAT.

I don't suppose it occurred to you do do a search of the forum archives in case of the *remote* possibility that this question has already been asked and answered?

Sigh.

Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, and Typhoid are a really, really good idea, but no vaccinations are actually required unless you will be coming from or through a country where yellow fever is endemic. If you will be in LOS a year, and will spend a substantial portion of time outside large cities you might consider Japanese encephalitis as well.

Don't let the doc give you pills to prevent malaria. Not only do they not work, they help build up resisitance in the bug to the antimalarial drugs used to treat it.

I don't suppose it occurred to you do do a search  of the forum archives in case of the *remote* possibility that this question has already been asked and answered?

You're right Cathyy - my bad. :o

Thanks for the tips anyhoo, you've been really helpful!