What's The Best Option For Visa, For 38 Yrs Old With 2 Children?

A friend of mine is on disability,he is missing a limb, do to an industrial accident.He has been living here for at least 12 years(thats how long ago I met him).He is not married, but has 2 children,born here, half Thai and half Farang. He gets a comfortable disability pension. He could easily qualify financially for Thai wife type visa,except he's not married. He could also qualify financially for retirement visa, except for his age. It appears he has been getting a type O non - immigrant and doing border runs.I think he's been stretching it out to about 15 MO., then returning to his home country, for a renewal. He has the monthly income but no large lump sum in the bank.

Is there any kind of visa which he could obtain,which would make life easier for him and his children? Going on border runs,and having to leave the country disrupts life for the children as well as for him. It's also a financial drain.He sends the children to private schools, and has made a nice home for them. Please advise.

I'm assuming the children have dual nationality, but are living here on their Thai passports.

In which case, if one of the kids left Thailand and then re-entered on the foriegn passport with an educational visa, the dad should be able to get an extension of stay based on supporting a child at a Thai educational institution.

I beleive that there is a 500K in the bank requirement for this as well, but it sounds like he can afford it.

Best check older posts about this, but I'm 90% sure that is the way to go.

I'm assuming the children have dual nationality, but are living here on their Thai passports.

In which case, if one of the kids left Thailand and then re-entered on the foriegn passport with an educational visa, the dad should be able to get an extension of stay based on supporting a child at a Thai educational institution.

I beleive that there is a 500K in the bank requirement for this as well, but it sounds like he can afford it.

Best check older posts about this, but I'm 90% sure that is the way to go.

He has a good monthly income but no large sums in the bank. I believe he gets a little over 60,000/MO

He might be able to swing it on an child with ED and support issue.. specially if he gets that income verified and shows its been there for years..

My understanding is the 500k is a 'guide' and not a hard requirement. the requirement is that you must show yourself to be able to support the child, 500k is sure but a good fixed income might work if they are not having a bad day.

It is a requirement:

5) In the case of the father or the

mother, the father and the

mother must have a bank

account in Thailand and in their

name showing the balance of no

less than 500,000 Baht during

the last 3 month.