Briton Says Thai Woman Dumps Him After Getting His Bt17 Million

Jai Dee

DAS, how about asking Steve to write the whole story - perhaps in this post? Names, pictures, (her, house etc) - the whole works. And follow ups with the authorities.

It might help his case if the authorities know how many are watching it.

Please do NOT post her personal details per forum rules:

1) You will not use thaivisa.com to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, referencing prostitution (including bargirls and barboys), referencing suicide, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm reading from this thread that either they were legally married, or that they had 'legally married' but that she was actually still married to her Thai husband. Well, if it's the latter, then I assume she can be sued for bigamy eyc.

If the marriage is legal, then the guy simply has to divorce her and he will get 50% of their joint assets, so he will at least get half of his 'investment' back. To me, it just sounds like a marriage gone sour and the guy can use the law of Thai divorce to obtain his 50%.

And just to sail close to OT, pnustedt is correct to comment that some posters know nothing about UK divorce law. 100% of the marital home can be awarded to the wife (or husband), without financial compensation to the other party. I 'lost' a 60 million baht house to my ex in exactly these circumstances.

Simon

Thai law does say that marital assets accumulated during the marriage are to be split 50/50. I know a guy who lost it all and went to court to claim his half. The court DID award him half the assets, BUT, three years later nothing had been sold and it appears he will be dead and gone before he gets anything or anything is sold.

EXACTLY!! The house and land is obviously in her name and whose going to make her sell it? As for any cash he may have given her, it is likely long gone or well hidden. As I previously posted, a KKTV news story on this said they were not legally married, so the whole matter of any 50-50 split or division of assets is irrelevant. These idiot men need to be a bit more informed and cautious in dealing with people in a foreign country, where they probably don't speak or understand much of the language, let alone the culture. These half-baked guys running around paying hundreds of thousands of bht in sin sod, buying houses and cars in which they have no ownership, etc,etc, are unbelievable.

I think most of what has been said on this topic is true. And the idea to make his problem public might not be a bad one.

I even trust my Ex-GF with my life, and she knows she can trust me just as much, but I know very well, her family will always come first. But being a good girl as opposed to a Pattaya girl (to avoid using the word prostitute) she informs me of all plans.

I even owed her 200,000 at some point. That's long fixed. Not all Thais are bad, not all falangs are good.

Just a little hint: if you are old, fat and ugly, just ask yourself: does she really love ME?

:o

This is known as a scam, millions of them on the Internet posted on dating sites.

Ad should read: SUCKERS WANTED

Hearsay of good future with beautiful young girl in exchange for all their assets and money.

There is one born every minute.

When will they ever learn?

Laughable isn't it, if not so tragic.

Edited by powwow

Anywhere on this small globe, a fool and his money are soon parted. I can tell you all about that and it happened in my own country, the good old USA. I won't bore you with details but I like to think that I learned from it. Sometimes the justice system at home sucks too.

I think most of what has been said on this topic is true. And the idea to make his problem public might not be a bad one.

I even trust my Ex-GF with my life, and she knows she can trust me just as much, but I know very well, her family will always come first. But being a good girl as opposed to a Pattaya girl (to avoid using the word prostitute) she informs me of all plans.

I even owed her 200,000 at some point. That's long fixed. Not all Thais are bad, not all falangs are good.

Just a little hint: if you are old, fat and ugly, just ask yourself: does she really love ME?

only if shes fat old and ugly also ! :D

only if shes fat old and ugly also ! :D

Yes, well, lucky enough for us silly ATM's, Thais don't like anything over 18 and not looking like a cadaver. Whiter than white she must be.

Briton says Thai woman dumps him after getting his Bt17 million

A 63-year-old Briton called for help from the authorities to force a Thai woman to return his money nearly Bt17 million after she chased him out of her house.

Stephen Jones said he had met the woman in Pattaya in 2001 and decided to sell all of his assets in England and gave the money to her to buy a house and plots of land in Kalasin to live with her.

But the woman chased him out of the house two months ago after she had got all of his money.

He said he became broke and wanted his money back so that he could return to his homeland.

Kalasin chief public prosecutor said the woman could not yet be charged with cheating because the two had got married.

He said the Kalasin public prosecutor office would investigate to see if the assets had been bought with Jones' money or not and would see if Jones had willingly given the assets to the woman.

He said it was possible that Jones could sue the woman for equal divisions of the assets.

Source: The Nation - 05 October 2007

If this man can prove it was his money that paid for the property and land he could possibly have a case.

I don't believe that he would have brought all that money in his suitcase when he arrived here and so the chances are that he will have hopefully made Bank Transfers to her account which can then be checked and proved beyond doubt that it was his money that was used.

I know quite a few cases where this has happened and the foreigner has in fact received his money back after the said property has gone to public auction because, of course, no foreigner can own a house and land in Thailand, except in certain circumstances. If he is actually married to her, he still has a chance of at least getting half of his investment back through the Thai Courts.

As for most of you flaming this guy. Take a look at yourselves first, why are you here? How many times has this happened to you?

This guy is 63 years old and good for him, he got up and did something to improve his quality of life. Yes, it's all gone t*ts up but at least he tried.

What can he expect back home? Retired at 60, sounds like he hasn't a wife or too much family who want him around - so living alone. Go to the pub on the weekends, sit on the same bar stool, listen to the same conversation that was going on last week only to come to the same conclusion this week. Or maybe, the highlight of his week, get a cuff around the ear from the bar girl for saying 'you look beautiful tonight' and being told he's a dirty old man for saying it! WOW! Quality of Life or what!!!

On top of all that, paying extortionate prices for any entertainment, food, drinks, clothes, bills and taxes and freezing your n*ts off all at the same time. Very nice!

The best of luck to him. I hope he gets some sort of satisfaction from the courts because I bet that money was harder to find than to lose.

If you are in love with a bar girl and are sensible enough to want to verify she really does love you, then see how enthusiastic she is about deliberately trying to conceive a child together. :D

Few bar girls are so unscrupulous as to deliberately go this far. By this I mean if they have premeditated plans to get your money and then leave you and have no genuine interest in you.

Tell her you will legally marry her, buy house etc (if you must), after baby is born. :o

Tell her you don't want to legally marry anyone if she cannot have your baby so this must come first.

...but to keep in line with Thai tradition make no bones about doing the whole wedding ceremony but no marriage registration bit.. She can't complain about this.

Don't confuse this with an accidental child to a bar girl who only wants your cash, they are very irresponsible and can have several accidents.

This is not an option for everybody (eg: if you just do not want a kid /another kid etc.. or if you are both too old etc..) but it is a useful tip.

....BTW get a DNA test too :D

A 63-year-old Briton called for help from the authorities to force a Thai woman to return his money nearly Bt17 million after she chased him out of her house.

Stephen Jones said he had met the woman in Pattaya in 2001 and decided to sell all of his assets in England and gave the money to her to buy a house and plots of land in Kalasin to live with her.

But the woman chased him out of the house two months ago after she had got all of his money.

He said he became broke and wanted his money back so that he could return to his homeland.

Kalasin chief public prosecutor said the woman could not yet be charged with cheating because the two had got married.

He said the Kalasin public prosecutor office would investigate to see if the assets had been bought with Jones' money or not and would see if Jones had willingly given the assets to the woman.

He said it was possible that Jones could sue the woman for equal divisions of the assets.

If this man can prove it was his money that paid for the property and land he could possibly have a case.

I don't believe that he would have brought all that money in his suitcase when he arrived here and so the chances are that he will have hopefully made Bank Transfers to her account which can then be checked and proved beyond doubt that it was his money that was used.

I know quite a few cases where this has happened and the foreigner has in fact received his money back after the said property has gone to public auction because, of course, no foreigner can own a house and land in Thailand, except in certain circumstances. If he is actually married to her, he still has a chance of at least getting half of his investment back through the Thai Courts.

As for most of you flaming this guy. Take a look at yourselves first, why are you here? How many times has this happened to you?

This guy is 63 years old and good for him, he got up and did something to improve his quality of life. Yes, it's all gone t*ts up but at least he tried.

What can he expect back home? Retired at 60, sounds like he hasn't a wife or too much family who want him around - so living alone. Go to the pub on the weekends, sit on the same bar stool, listen to the same conversation that was going on last week only to come to the same conclusion this week. Or maybe, the highlight of his week, get a cuff around the ear from the bar girl for saying 'you look beautiful tonight' and being told he's a dirty old man for saying it! WOW! Quality of Life or what!!!

On top of all that, paying extortionate prices for any entertainment, food, drinks, clothes, bills and taxes and freezing your n*ts off all at the same time. Very nice!

The best of luck to him. I hope he gets some sort of satisfaction from the courts because I bet that money was harder to find than to lose.

What you say is true, joskydive, but please, come on. One needs to be a little more careful than that. I'm only mid 30es, and it really got difficult for me to make contact with new girls here. 10 years ago, it was easy and smooth.

Will I think that any newly acquainted young woman here will love me in 30 years? Because of what? My charm? My fat belly? My alcohol abuse? My retiredness? You have to somehow keep an eye on reality.

I don't understand why good men like to mess with bad girls..while we are waiting for them....we're educated, nice good looking, have good moral values and affectionate...why none of us met you guys!! anyway.....God Bless you....

If you are in love with a bar girl and are sensible enough to want to verify she really does love you, then see how enthusiastic she is about deliberately trying to conceive a child together. :D

Few bar girls are so unscrupulous as to deliberately go this far. By this I mean if they have premeditated plans to get your money and then leave you and have no genuine interest in you.

Tell her you will legally marry her, buy house etc (if you must), after baby is born. :o

Tell her you don't want to legally marry anyone if she cannot have your baby so this must come first.

...but to keep in line with Thai tradition make no bones about doing the whole wedding ceremony but no marriage registration bit.. She can't complain about this.

Don't confuse this with an accidental child to a bar girl who only wants your cash, they are very irresponsible and can have several accidents.

This is not an option for everybody (eg: if you just do not want a kid /another kid etc.. or if you are both too old etc..) but it is a useful tip.

You are exactly right...I agree!!!..me?..I just need somebody who will kiss me 3x a day...that's all...lolz

Some Thai girls are bad Mr Toad. And this is why I will never buy property through a TGF or wife. Rent, rent, rent, it's the safest way these days. Too much money from the old dudes turning girls into monsters for whom money is their god.

The scary thing is if you confront these types of girls (before fcking them or anything) they often admit their scamming ways and proudly boast of how much cash they've scammed this month and last month etc etc.

Their mentality really is 'If this farang guy is stupid, I'm gonna take him for all his worth.' Even some farangs are in on this kind of scam.

In Issan this mentality is even stronger due to the poverty that exists there.

Go on, flame away apologists, however this kind of thing has happened far to often for it to be mere coincidence.

hel_l, when I was the forces we were warned about 'falling-in' with the local prostitutes.

Why doesn't the foreign office do a similar warning, like 'Don't invest in property through a prostitute name!' It really is quite obvious!

A reasonable person wouldn't drive to Liverpool and pick up a smack-head hooker and then invest 250k sterling in her name.

Yet in LOS: Meet a Bar Girl (slightly higher on the Jezabel hierarchy admittedly), fall in love, hopefully make an honest woman of her by marrying her - Suprising

Yet in LOS: Invest all life-savings in property that under thai law you have a cat in hells chance of owning AND it's in an ex BG's name - Incredible!

But I think as time wears on and more people become aware of this kind of thing the 'house in hookers name' scam will hopefully fade away.

Heres to hoping... :o

As a matter of interest; why did you choose Liverpool to find a 'smack-head hooker'?

What you say is true, joskydive, but please, come on. One needs to be a little more careful than that. I'm only mid 30es, and it really got difficult for me to make contact with new girls here. 10 years ago, it was easy and smooth.

Will I think that any newly acquainted young woman here will love me in 30 years? Because of what? My charm? My fat belly? My alcohol abuse? My retiredness? You have to somehow keep an eye on reality.

I agree with you 'one has to be a little more careful than that' but we are talking about a man who is 63 years old who may well have only gone for a 2week holiday to Majorca all his working life and is now only seeing another side of life at this late stage. Not everyone is well travelled and world wise. Depression and loneliness can do bad things to the brain and when a beautiful young lady comes to you and says 'you are wonderful, you are my hero' you really want to hear it and believe it!

I know many bargirls here is Pattaya and because I am not competition for them they tell me lots of stories about some foolish person or another.

i.e. The big fat old ugly one's are the best - Fat = he must be rich to have such a big belly.

Ugly = no-one will steal him from me.

Old = not such hard work and we can get the money quickly.

The young foreigner - Hard work but fun

butterfly

not enough money

go home quick

The 30 + foreigner - Still hard work but not fun

Still butterfly

Check me too much - cannot go butterfly

Still tight with the money

By the way, some of the older guys are still falling for the sad story of the Buffalo dying and now my family will die too if you don't help me quickly. Common sense has nothing to do with it sometimes. It's the needing to be needed factor that comes into play and no matter what his pal says to him, he will do what he wants to do anyway and possibly tell his pal to naff off for interferring in the first place.

Will some woman love you in 30years? Your guess is as good as mine!

And an HIV aids test of course.

This thread is deteriorating into a discussion about bar girls which is against the forum rules.

Some posts have been deleted and below is an extract from the forum rules.

Please either get this thread back on topic or it will be closed.

Extract from the forum rules:-

1) You will not use thaivisa.com to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, referencing prostitution (including bargirls and barboys), referencing suicide, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law.

Thanks.

I suppose we should really show some measure of sympathy for our fellow human being. He now has <deleted> all - not a pot to p1ss in - he's 63 with <deleted> all hope of getting a job and even if he did how many years does he have to work to get a basic comfortable life? His only prospect is two years on the welfare until his pension kicks in then the rest of is life on a pittance of a pension (unless he's got a big private fund set up).

But then I hear his words to his mates "Oh she's not like all the rest of them. She'd only been in Pattaya two days when I met her working as a cashier and had never been with a man. She fell in love with me at first sight and came back to my hotel with me because she didn't want to lose me to any other girl blah blah blah".

There are liars, damm liars and Pattaya bg's.

It's happening all over the country,not only in Pattaya. Just wish you westerners will get some sense into your head.

Why did she get the entire house? Did she buy it before she married you? If you owned it before you married, she would not be able to touch it, except some of the appreciation of the houses value during the time you were married. Did you give it away out of the "goodness" of your heart? Or couldn't you afford a lawyer? What exactly is it that you are not telling us? I've never heard of such crock of shit. Either you are an imbecile, or believe all the readers are. What did you do wrong to be stripped of your home? you must have something terrible to hide. You think you are the only one who has been to court in a divorce and fought over marital assets? Tell us the story of the guy, where the court gives the wife the entire 24,000,000 Bath house (average middle class income housing,Lavish?). Do you think a woman in the West having a car, and living in a middle class house is lavish. Did the court feel that therefore, you are so rich, it could take the liberty to throw this house at her, because with your middle class status you could afford to by another, with no problem. There is a lot more to your story than you even come close to letting on.

I don't believe all readers here are embeciles but you obviously are. You ask what "I did wrong" but the English divorce process is not based on fault or wrong doing. The financial settlement went to court where I was represented by an expensive solicitor and barrister. My situation is not uncommon in the UK and I think that, if you were to take time to research the subject, you would find that the man comes off considerably worse in divorce all over the world.

I think that mellow1 (E)mbecile has a point (though he does sound a little angry about it). Did your ex get the house as part of the settlement for it's value as opposed to making you homeless? I thought that you had to file for a divorce in the UK, is that not true? Somebody has to be at fault for the marriage to be dissolved. By the way, in case you didn't pick up on it, you spelt imbecile wrong, or rather you copied it from the OP incorrectly

Some Thai girls are bad Mr Toad. And this is why I will never buy property through a TGF or wife.

If you can't trust someone this much you have no business marrying them.

Yes I agree. But there is a valid point in here somewhere - and a moral to the story too (also goes some way to hold up my theory that rich people are not necessarily intelligent - esp in UK and other class-based societies like Thailand and Japan - if they inherited their money - don't know if this guy inherited - so sorry in advance if offence caused).

I mean really, how long do you have to think about the fact that you CANNOT own property in your name in Thailand as a foreigner? If your wife "buys" the property, you must "accompany" her to the Land Office to "sign" a document that says it was "her" money that bought it - and that you have "no claim" to it??

NOW WHY WOULD THEY MAKE YOU DO THAT IF YOU ARE MARRIED? AFTER ALL - You cannot own the property that is for sure. But if you divorce, why can't you force a sale and split of the proceedings like anywhere else in the world?? The answer? Because the govt are actually HELPING the pattaya bar girl screw the foreigners out of their money - and keeping alive a false foreign property market. Is there any other realistic answer? To make this as clear as possible, I'm saying why make the foreigner SIGN AWAY ANY RIGHTS TO ASSETS IN A FUTURE DIVORCE? I'm not saying the farang should get the property, but why doesn't it become a 50/50 communal marriage asset????

It is a conspiratorial 'mug's game' to help releive foreigners of their savings - and the law is complicit in this. There can be no other explanation - unless someone has one?

It's the same reason u have to renew your marriage visa every year.

Some Thai girls are bad Mr Toad. And this is why I will never buy property through a TGF or wife. Rent, rent, rent, it's the safest way these days. Too much money from the old dudes turning girls into monsters for whom money is their god.

The scary thing is if you confront these types of girls (before fcking them or anything) they often admit their scamming ways and proudly boast of how much cash they've scammed this month and last month etc etc.

Their mentality really is 'If this farang guy is stupid, I'm gonna take him for all his worth.' Even some farangs are in on this kind of scam.

In Issan this mentality is even stronger due to the poverty that exists there.

Go on, flame away apologists, however this kind of thing has happened far to often for it to be mere coincidence.

hel_l, when I was the forces we were warned about 'falling-in' with the local prostitutes.

Why doesn't the foreign office do a similar warning, like 'Don't invest in property through a prostitute name!' It really is quite obvious!

A reasonable person wouldn't drive to Liverpool and pick up a smack-head hooker and then invest 250k sterling in her name.

Yet in LOS: Meet a Bar Girl (slightly higher on the Jezabel hierarchy admittedly), fall in love, hopefully make an honest woman of her by marrying her - Suprising

Yet in LOS: Invest all life-savings in property that under thai law you have a cat in hells chance of owning AND it's in an ex BG's name - Incredible!

But I think as time wears on and more people become aware of this kind of thing the 'house in hookers name' scam will hopefully fade away.

Heres to hoping... :o

As a matter of interest; why did you choose Liverpool to find a 'smack-head hooker'?

OT. Have you or your dancing spiderman ever been to Liverpool?

It's a nice city centre (voted capital of culture) and theres good and bad folk there, but you hit some of the outer, deprived areas and you'd know why then.

Be cool.

On topic, does anyone actually have first-hand experience of 'winning' a divorce case in Thailand?

All the talk on BGs and rip-offs is nothing new, but the farang actually coming off with half the assets seems to be rarer than rocking horse fertiliser!

Any tellers?

I think that mellow1 (E)mbecile has a point (though he does sound a little angry about it). Did your ex get the house as part of the settlement for it's value as opposed to making you homeless? I thought that you had to file for a divorce in the UK, is that not true? Somebody has to be at fault for the marriage to be dissolved. By the way, in case you didn't pick up on it, you spelt imbecile wrong, or rather you copied it from the OP incorrectly

I confirm that my ex got the house for its value and it did not make me homeless. My ex-wife filed for divorce but changed her mind. - I continued the process that she started. The English system for a marriage to be dissolved is NOT based on fault, in my case it was on the basis of over 12 months separation. Sorry for my miss-spelling of the word imbecile.

Edited by pnustedt

You can imagine this guy. He has found a beautiful woman (he never dreamed of ever getting one this beautiful) and he walks around with his head in the clouds as so many of us do when we are 'in love'. The normal thought processes go out of the window. The sex is great, she does things to him he only dreamed of before or saw in Porn movies. He becomes besotted.

Little by little she builds up this paradise by using her womanly guile. Before he knows where he is he is in deep.

She sees the biggest pay day of her life. Something akin to us winning A Farang lottery worth millions of £ / $. Of course she is willing to go the extra yard to do whatever he wants. To say anything she thinks he wants to hear and more.

Then when she knows she has the lot..... he is out of the house and on his own. Now the reality of his stupity sinks in. But, I bet many of us have had similar experiences in life when we have been in love. So many go against friends and parents advice because we do not want to see the reality.

Yet this guy is old enough to know better. Where were his friends??? Did they tell him about the pitfalls and he ignored them? Did he never learn any of the rules about land ownership etc?

Yes, he has been a fool. Anyone who gives away their worldly fortune to a man / woman is a fool. Yet, there, but for the grace of God, go a few of us.

It happens all the time. Now he has to stew in his own sh*t. He will remember next time. If he ever gets the chance.

Some of us have been through the divorce game and have learned to hang onto what we have left. Yet others have not. I know many men who have fallen for the same old tricks time and again and ended up almost penniless.

I do feel for the guy, but IMHO he has been a fool. And, sadly, there will be many more to follow him :o

Same thing happens the world over, not only Thailand.

hope i do not upset anyone on this forum, but this is my opinion, a lot to do with this is age differance, can you tell me a thai woman in her 20s, is in love with a man 40 + years older, she is seeing baht signs and a meal ticket. can you blame her.

Fair point. In most of the world, when a very young woman marries a much older man, there's only one reason.

hope i do not upset anyone on this forum, but this is my opinion, a lot to do with this is age differance, can you tell me a thai woman in her 20s, is in love with a man 40 + years older, she is seeing baht signs and a meal ticket. can you blame her.

Fair point. In most of the world, when a very young woman marries a much older man, there's only one reason.

...and more often than not, both parties are aware of the trade-off, and are fine with it. :o

...and more often than not, both parties are aware of the trade-off, and are fine with it. :D

LOVE IS GRAND!!!! :o

And i bet hes a bloke who wouldnt lend his best mate a fiver ! ,but they hand it all over to some issan farmers daughter, .deserve all they get,. i wonder if he made the classic quote when his mates warned him " no,this ones different "

hey, i'm married to an isaan farmers daughter. what's wrong with a good ole' country gal?

Hear hear, me too but I think 17 million may be a bit of a temptation even for my wife, so i'ts joint account in Thailand and one offshore for me

For me, put whatever no of millions you like, my wife is just going to ask me how much that is. Is it a good thing really to have a wife like that whom I can trust with my life?