12 Months Non Immg Multi Entry "o"

thai.htmThai_Application.doc

Hi there TV members, I have a question about the documents required to obtain the above visa - in particular the one listed as 2.7 under documents for application Non-Immigrant (code O) (Spouse Visa)

2.7 A formal letter from your spouse identifying who he or she is? and the relationship to you.

Has anyone had to submit such a letter in the past? if so what was the general wording used in English & Thai if possible. :o

I would suspect a short letter, signed and dated, that she is your spouse and requests a visa be issued to 'your name' so that you may visit at 'there home'.

The above is only a guess based on other reports that Consulate have wanted something on record that spouse is aware of your visa application and supports it. It is not specific to any Sydney report.

I would suspect a short letter, signed and dated, that she is your spouse and requests a visa be issued to 'your name' so that you may visit at 'there home'.

The above is only a guess based on other reports that Consulate have wanted something on record that spouse is aware of your visa application and supports it. It is not specific to any Sydney report.

Lopburi3 thanks for that - how do I link this thread to the Thai language site where I am hoping I can get a letter along the lines you have mentioned popped out in Thai script.

Right click on topic heading - copy link location (or link) and then paste it when you select "add link" in new message.

To all TV members, thank you for reading my post to the members who shall remain nameless that provided private feedback and a solution I especially thankyou and wish you all the very best for the upcoming festive season.

Post can be closed solution achieved.

Right click on topic heading - copy link location (or link) and then paste it when you select "add link" in new message.

To all TV members, thank you for reading my post to the members who shall remain nameless that provided private feedback and a solution I especially thankyou and wish you all the very best for the upcoming festive season.

Post can be closed solution achieved.

To clear up any misunderstanding about the Sydney Consulate - if you have covered all items requested in the following list:

Non-immigrant Visa ( code O)

(Spouse Visa)

1.Qualifications for the Applicant

This application is for a person who has a Thai wife/ husband/ child only

2.Documents for the Applications

2.1 Visa application form completely filled out.

2.2 Passport or travel document whith validity not less than 6 months and a photocopy

2.3 Two recent photograph full-faced (passport-sized photograph or 2 1/2 inches)

2.4 A photocopy of your valid spouse Thai I.D card / passport

2.5 A photocopy of your spouse Thai house registration

2.6 A photocopy of a marriage certificate

2.7 A formal letter from your spouse identifying who he or she is? and the relationship to you.

2.8 A photocopy of a birth certificate of your child (if using your children as a sponsor for the visa)

Plus provide a copy of your ticket /itenerary you will have no problem, [/b]I do recommend including a photo of your spouse on 2.7.

You wil have no problems.

Application for 12 Month Non Immg Multi Entry Cat "O" submitted Tues 9/10/07 at 10.30 am with all of the above completed correctly, service with a smile collected passport w/visa at 2.10pm Thur 11/10/07 ready to fly back to LoS 14/10/07

Edited by mijan24

slight variant on the original application.

Want to apply for a Non-Immigrant (Code O) (spouse visa) here in Sydney.

I have a child with my Thai partner (not married), they both reside in Thailand.

I'm gonna use my child as sponsor for the visa.

I have all the documents listed above, minus the formal letter from my partner / spouse (not sure if I need it in my case, but if required my gf can pen one) and the flight ticket, which I will purchase after the visa is granted.

I need to know if this is a viable application and how many days will I get (I'm after 90 - 120 days stay max. Not more than that).

Thx

If you email the Oz consulates, they are far less stringent than this post implies. I did recently but cannot access the information from my current location.

One consulate / embassy only wanted a copy of the ID card of the partner to issue a multi entry non imm "O".

And that was on a UK passport holder going to OZ.

Edited by torrenova

If you email the Oz consulates, they are far less stringent than this post implies. I did recently but cannot access the information from my current location.

One consulate / embassy only wanted a copy of the ID card of the partner to issue a multi entry non imm "O".

And that was on a UK passport holder going to OZ.

Afraid I can no agree entirely as it depends upon the particular consulate - Sydney will not bend - others are much more reasonable and seem to understand the difficulties some people face.

You should be able to obtain a single entry non immigrant O visa that will permit a 90 day stay.

Success, got my non immigrant visa O stamp on my passport today. Good to go for 90 days. No issue at all with the Sydney branch.

Afterwards, the stroll along Opera House was an enjoyable one :o