20 Thb To Park Motorcycle On Soi Sansabai

misterme

Since the Brilliance of the One-Way system, I find it easier to park on Soi SanSabai and short-cut the dirtroad back to the apartment. Daytime and Nightime, it's just an easier way than taking the scenic loop (one-way) back to the apartment.

So I was surprised to see ticket collectors approaching motorcycles when they park now. 20 bath. They're out in the afternoon, and through the late evening.

Until this year, this was a dead end Soi, known for its' late night afterhours crowds and food and cheap rooms They opened it up, and I assumed it was a public road.

A few nights ago, when asked to pay 20 baht, I asked why. I park here everyday. Who's parking lot is it anyway? They replied quickly with Khun XXX's name. I guess it still is a private street.

I'm assuming it's the same owner as the New Mercure hotel, the long extablished boss that we all hear mumblings about.

OK, here's my 20 baht I said.

Today, I parked on a different street. :o

so if you park outside Faultys and go in for a pint, do you still get charged?

also, are they charging thais? if not tell em to get fked.

Since the Brilliance of the One-Way system, I find it easier to park on Soi SanSabai and short-cut the dirtroad back to the apartment. Daytime and Nightime, it's just an easier way than taking the scenic loop (one-way) back to the apartment.

So I was surprised to see ticket collectors approaching motorcycles when they park now. 20 bath. They're out in the afternoon, and through the late evening.

Until this year, this was a dead end Soi, known for its' late night afterhours crowds and food and cheap rooms They opened it up, and I assumed it was a public road.

A few nights ago, when asked to pay 20 baht, I asked why. I park here everyday. Who's parking lot is it anyway? They replied quickly with Khun XXX's name. I guess it still is a private street.

I'm assuming it's the same owner as the New Mercure hotel, the long extablished boss that we all hear mumblings about.

Edited by cotambear

Are they charging for parking anywhere on the soi, or just when you park in the area where the old parking lot used to be (just east of the intersection where you turn left to go to Baan Benjamas coming from 200 Pee)?

While its a private soi, you used to be able to park with no hassle in front of any of the shops, bars and guesthouses during the day. They had a "guard" that charged you to park in the lot that was at the end of the soi, before it was extended and the new buildings went up.

they charge ANYONE !!

you can see how many less motorbikes are parked now especially from Thai staff working up Bangla etc

those made up like 90% of parkers in the early evening hours

for tourists was no space lateron and place got cramped

expats, so what the heck 20 Baht and your motorbike is guarded as well

the Soi next to Tai Pan charges 20 Baht since years and nobody complains

btw the "Parking guys" rented the "Soi" from the actual owner, who is (nobody really knows)

funny though that police comes every now and then to lock up motorbikes, since it is a private street !!!!

T.I.T.

Seppl :o

your joking right?

you actually think that paying the 20 baht for parking means that your bike is guarded??

even "proper" security guards dont really care what goes on much less a parking attendant

your joking right?

you actually think that paying the 20 baht for parking means that your bike is guarded??

even "proper" security guards dont really care what goes on much less a parking attendant

"guarded" sorry for mistake

the trick is NOT to pay when you park, but tell them "solly no change, pay when come back" and believe me, they WATCH your motorbike. Just to make sure you pay your 20 Baht upon return.

works fine with me all the times ! lol :o

so if you park outside Faultys and go in for a pint, do you still get charged?

also, are they charging thais? if not tell em to get fked.

err faulty's be on soi sunset not san sabai,innit

err faulty's is in soi sunset not soi sansabai,innit!

Edited by steve w