Fish And Chips

thaimate

I was born " up north" where you got real fish and chips, and Hollands pies& puddings. I find it hard to believe you left blighty far behind, to live in Thailand, for one reason or another and your desperate for f&c, just to remind you this LOS, not Doncaster,or Accrington!

Seriously though,please remember your in Asia by your own choice, try to keep it Asian,try eating the local produce? Thai food is great!

Fish and chips fried in Lard. (nasty stuff)

Your quite right it is nasty stuff, drippings much nicer.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was born " up north" where you got real fish and chips, and Hollands pies& puddings. I find it hard to believe you left blighty far behind, to live in Thailand, for one reason or another and your desperate for f&c, just to remind you this LOS, not Doncaster,or Accrington!

Seriously though,please remember your in Asia by your own choice, try to keep it Asian,try eating the local produce? Thai food is great!

It is quite normal for expats to enjoy a variety of foods, Thai food, their home country food, and other countries foods. Why limit yourselves? Many of us ate a variety of stuff before. Once the novelty passes of good cheap Thai food everyday, you go back to your old and wise ways of savoring variety. It is true many people from all countries will only eat their home country food wherever they go, and that is too bad ...

"Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death! ...

Its usually my (thai) wife that suggests fish and chips ,we lived in the uk for 2 and a half years and she enjoys a change from thai food as do i,, i have to say though for the best english fish and chips there is still only one place ( excuse the pun ) to go, england ! but its a long trip for a meal,.im still of the opinion that these ex builders labourers and milkmen coming to thailand and doing fish and chips dont quite do it for me,.im still on the fence as to where to reccomend :o ps, does anyone know if any of these f and s buisness owners here had a f and s business in the uk ?

Cod is a massively important fish throughout history. Actually, one of the most memorable dishes I ever had in my life was at a famous restaurant in New York which served roasted cod. Imagine Portugal without cod dishes. There is a reason wild cod is so expensive: its fished out.

http://archives.cbc.ca/IDD-1-73-1595/polit...my/cod_economy/

So important to the Brits that they went to war with Iceland over cod fishing rights in the 70s.

My favourite is Jameson's, one plate is enough for 2 people with huge pieces of fish and a shed load of chips, a tad expensive mind (280 baht if memory serves) but they have a Friday special for 150 baht.

There's also a plaice (pun intended) on Sukhumvit but way down the road out of town towards Sattahip that I've stopped at on the way home from work, a decent F&C for 150 baht. Can't remember the name but it's after Soi Chaipruek (sp) on the right hand side and there's a Brit flag outside it and it's flanked by Thai noodle shops

It's called Jan's Plaice, the one on Sukhumvit and it's in a block that has a HUGE blue OS sign on top of it as you're on the way to Pattaya, on the other side of the road is a furniture shop and second hand cars.

Why do some topics have an edit button but others don't????