American Man Falls To His Death From 12th-floor Condo

Jai Dee

I don't believe that an American would speak pidgeon English before hurling himself off a building. The witness if innocent would have been better off not mentioning this utterance.

Given the huge amount of deluded native English speakers who tend to prove that they are really in touch with Thai culture by speaking Tinglish and baby-English even to fellow westerners, his last statement would actually be only evidence of the poor fellow's state of mind.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is nothing unnatural about being found dead after having leapt out of a 12th story condo with three bullet holes in the back of the head a plastic bag over the head and your arms tied behind your back. This is modern suicide and this wife should be given time to grieve.

Don't forget that the Nation's standard of English has dropped dramatically in recent years - could be that the rewriter and the sub-editor messed that up.

"I'm poor" with a certain type of American accent, & as 2 syllables rather than one, might sound like UK "power".

Edited by WaiWai

There hasn't been many of these lately. For a while it seemed like a couple a week.

A bit strange though that she remembers the exact words that woke her up. :o

Well I for one known the Answer most Farangs can't walk and chew gum at the same time.

Farangs are such fools that look to far over edge to look at beauiful Thailand. Many are too cheap to buy good glasses.How dare think someone pushed them. That is nothing but

racists talk.

There is nothing unnatural about being found dead after having leapt out of a 12th story condo with three bullet holes in the back of the head a plastic bag over the head and your arms tied behind your back. This is modern suicide and this wife should be given time to grieve.

The S. Korean businessmen guy found stuffed up a drain pipe, tied in similar fashion, with stab wounds all over his body really took some topping *sorry* as Thailand's ultimate "creative-suicide" candidate a few years ago... Standards have been rather slipping since. :o

people commit suicide, no doubt in that. i know, i lost friends that way.

it's a very sad tragic thing.

and it must be horrible to watch your loved one jump out of the window. few seconds that will loop in your brain forever.

unbelievable are some comments here from the armchair investigators. i have no words for that. in your world married-couples killing each other? is that the norm for you?

Maybe he had a bad dream and thought he was He-Man and his skinny Thai girl was Skeletor?

Maybe he jumped because his skinny Thai girl was He-Man :o (please take a look at a thai dictionary to translate

this two dirty words, then you will understand why there are no He-Man toys here in Thailand).

Edited by llothar

Maybe he had a bad dream and thought he was He-Man and his skinny Thai girl was Skeletor?

Maybe he jumped because his skinny Thai girl was He-Man :o (please take a look at a thai dictionary to translate

this two dirty words, then you will understand why there are no He-Man toys here in Thailand).

Well, I LOLed and for that I tip my hat at you.

Don't forget that the Nation's standard of English has dropped dramatically in recent years - could be that the rewriter and the sub-editor messed that up.

"I'm poor" with a certain type of American accent, & as 2 syllables rather than one, might sound like UK "power".

You beat me to it... it makes sense, think 'Cleatus' out of Simpsons.

All these insensitive comments really reflect the intelligence of some posters.

I'm sure the family of the deceased Googling the story would be distraught by some of these comments.

Everyone is innocent unless proven guilty.

The poor victim hasn't been dead for 24 hours and already the Klu Klutz TV Clan have the tar and feathers and pitchforks out.

Get a life people and let more of the story surface before passing on judgements.Really offensive.

in your world married-couples killing each other? is that the norm for you?

Not passing judgment. Its just that if this death isn't properly investigated to determine whether or not it was a suicide, and if not, who did it, justice would not be served. In cases of murder, the most common perp is indeed the spouse, so yes, it is normal if it was a murder.

Right.

So the average slim built Thai woman would have the wrestling skills and strength to throw her more than likely largish husband off the balcony and not having any cuts or bruises and no sign of a scuffle in the apartment.

Need more info on this before making a comment.

Right.

So the average slim built Thai woman would have the wrestling skills and strength to throw her more than likely largish husband off the balcony and not having any cuts or bruises and no sign of a scuffle in the apartment.

Need more info on this before making a comment.

How do you know about her build? How do you know she wasn't marked? Maybe he was very drunk and easily moved. Maybe she had a gun. I think this death is very suspicious and if the police are any good, they do too. I hope the American embassy is acting on the deceased's behalf to make sure this is fully investigated and if there is a crime, that he and his family receive justice. People do commit suicide, but I think it is very unusual for it to occur with another person present. This would be a suspicious death anywhere in the world.

Edited by Jingthing

American man falls to his death from 12th-floor condo

His Thai wife, Duangta, 28, told police that she went to bed when the man was reading his emails and she was woken up by his shout... She said she saw her husband jump down.

She woke up and managed to get to the window in time to see him fall?!? Very fleet of foot... :o

FWIW, A Thai girl jumped from VP Tower around a year ago. I don't think any foul play was suspected in that sad event.

Much more to be learned before murder or suicide can be determined. Police should consider the lady a suspect. Unfortunately for the lady, that's just the way things are in an investigation. Nothing racial or unusual. She was the last one to see him alive. Assuming the police do investigate and they may not they should as in all investigations look for mom. Motive, opportunity, means. As of now we know of no motive. She was there when he "fell" so opportunity is a given. Means is unknown until it can be determined that she had the strength to overpower and lift him over the railing or had an accomplice. Should be a pretty straight forward investigation if the police even bother. The effort put in may well depend on how much "incentive" is offered by the family of the deceased.

Guess we will just have to wait for more to come to any conclusion.

There hasn't been many of these lately. For a while it seemed like a couple a week.

A bit strange though that she remembers the exact words that woke her up. :o

Well I for one known the Answer most Farangs can't walk and chew gum at the same time.

Farangs are such fools that look to far over edge to look at beauiful Thailand. Many are too cheap to buy good glasses.How dare think someone pushed them. That is nothing but

racists talk.

Are you being sarcastic? Or did you really write that post and then use the final sentence to accuse somebody else of being racist?

It's a serious question - I'm curious (fair play if it's a joke because it made me chuckle)

All guard fences should be a mininmum of 2 meters high with steel mesh and a kick rail. This would prevent people leaning over and thus being on the point of balance and "heave ho away I go" (or you) as the case may be.

Happened in Australia to a footballer on the 22/F of a Gold coast hotel a few days ago.

According to reports, around the time it happened there was a Thai woman working in a Thai restaurant not 3 blocks away.

To follow the brain-dead line of thinking on this thread, she must automatically be considered the "prime suspect".

Dear oh dear oh dear!