Real Football And True Visions

JXCutter

:o As has been recently detailed in the local papers True Visions does not supply quality real football, NFL or NCAA to the American Expat community. There is an abundance of soccer (not real football) and badminton. Since soccer is not worth much True Visions does not have to pay much for the television rights. Since this is just a money thing and True Visions has a monopoly there is not much we can do except START BOYCOTTING 7-11 which is also owned by True Visions.

Well...we have cable PTV which includes the Australia Network, this means we can watch really real Football none of this pretend NFL or NCAA or Soccor or even rugby :o

Shame the really real footy season is over in Aust...

:o As has been recently detailed in the local papers True Visions does not supply quality real football, NFL or NCAA to the American Expat community. There is an abundance of soccer (not real football) and badminton. Since soccer is not worth much True Visions does not have to pay much for the television rights. Since this is just a money thing and True Visions has a monopoly there is not much we can do except START BOYCOTTING 7-11 which is also owned by True Visions.

the american expat community are an extremely small percentage of true's/7-11s patrons....suck it up bud. Do agree though about boycotting the 7-11..they are expensive, their staff are completely clueless, the stores have no "soul" and their beer isn't very cold. Now I can recommend you check your "local" cable provider for an alternative that could be cheaper and give you some american football action. I am watching NFL Sunday night football right now...it is televised via Astro supersport and tomorrow they will broadcast the monday night game so at least I got 2 games per week. UBC is waaaaaaaay overpriced for what they give unless you enjoy world football(soccer).....my cable is B400/month and this is expensive as it is phuket....so check your local cable providers or get the satellite

New Orleans 14 Seattle 0

[qu

the american expat community are an extremely small percentage of true's/7-11s patrons....suck it up bud. Do agree though about boycotting the 7-11..they are expensive, their staff are completely clueless, the stores have no "soul" and their beer isn't very cold. Now I can recommend you check your "local" cable provider for an alternative that could be cheaper and give you some american football action. I am watching NFL Sunday night football right now...it is televised via Astro supersport and tomorrow they will broadcast the monday night game so at least I got 2 games per week. UBC is waaaaaaaay overpriced for what they give unless you enjoy world football(soccer).....my cable is B400/month and this is expensive as it is phuket....so check your local cable providers or get the satellite

New Orleans 14 Seattle 0

If I boycott 7-11 how'd I pay my electric bill?  There's a 7-11 right handy here to home, or all over Thailand, saves driving down to Klong 4 to the local electric office and standing in line.

Regarding "local cable providers," are there any in the greater Bangkok area other than UBC/True?  I'd sure consider signing up.

Some years back when we lived down on Suk Soi 71 I subscribed to Thai Sky.  When the guys came to install the dish I told them I really preferred NFL to the footy stuff, so they twisted the antenna pole just a tad, and there's IBC in all its glory.

Sure was nice to have some competition in the cable field for a time.

Mac

Turky: Really real footy....sounds really real manly to me....NOT!!!

Traveldog: "Monopoly" according to Webster, "exclusive control of a commodity or service...." get the picture?

Thanyaburimac: It's OK to go ahead and pay your electric bill at 7-11, they're not making any money off that, just don't buy anything.

Sent to the complaint department last week:

To: Kantima Kunjara, Director for Communications

Chulathai Salidupta, Senior Manager for Programming

Dear Gentlemen: I want to address your companies decision not to purchase additional American football (NFL) games for the 2007 season. In years past UBC and last year True Visions had four games per week on your live sports schedule. This year you have added several sports channels but cut the number of live NFL games by 50% to two.

For your information, the Sunday night games and Monday Night Football games are scheduled by the NFL to be high profile games usually involving teams with wining records and established worldwide interest. Not only do these schedules benefit the fans it is an advantage to the networks and advertisers as well. These games were shown live on Monday and Tuesday mornings which were convenient for the fans here in Thailand.

The Sunday night game this week between the Chicago Bears and the Green Bay Packers was a very important game and went down to the last second of play. The Monday Night Football game between the Buffalo Bills and the Dallas Cowboys was a come from behind victory that turned out to be the best game so far this year. True Visions show dozens of live sporting events from around the world every week. There are not very many live sporting matches on Monday and Tuesday mornings. Perhaps the taped broadcast of the regional badminton match could have been preempted to bring live NFL games to Thailand.

If ESPN and/or Star Sports do not want to schedule the games I would hope your company would buy the feed or run a tape immediately after the game is over. True Visions is a popular topic of scorn, at least here in Bangkok, when it comes popular programming. To improve the company image you must improve programming content. By my count, True visions and its parent company, Charoen Pokphand Group, have recently contributed more than Bt100 million to political parties here in the Kingdom. Surely some monies can be found and dedicated to buy a few NFL games.

Your consideration in this matter is greatly appreciated.

GrantBkk

I tried to re-send this e-mail yesterday (Sunday) to Ture Visions Customer Care and please keep in mind that True is one of Thailand "premier" internet service providers. The mail was returned stating, "The users mailfolder is over the allowed quota (size)".

This is Thailand!!!

:There is an abundance of soccer (not real football) and badminton. Since soccer is not worth much True Visions does not have to pay much for the television rights.

As American Football like Australian Rules derives from Rugby Football, which in turn has it's roots in traditional Football pre dating Association, the use of the term 'real' is pretty poor. Who really cares anyhow?

As a 'real' Football fan :o , I can understand your greivance with true in their poor coverage of Gridiron. Please keep your argument to the facts, rather than bashing the Association Football fans like myself, who vastly out number any other sports due to the global popularity of the game.

And how can you call it football when only one man kicks it? And a touch down does not have to be touched down? Can be an exciting spectacle for people who like overdeveloped men wearing huge protective padding, but please spare us the "real football" bit. Add a typical American style commercial break every play deal, and it gets a bit boring

True Visions does not supply quality real football, NFL or NCAA

Thats because its not FOOTball. :o:D

There is an abundance of soccer (not real football)

Isn't it great? BTW Soccer as you call it, is mostly played using your feet. So hence the name FOOTball. :D

Since soccer is not worth much True Visions does not have to pay much for the television rights.

What planet are you from? Not worth much????? :D

I belive that this thread was meant to get a reaction from some and start arguements. But i'll keep it open for now. But i'm going to move it to the proper forum.

Mr. Toad: I have the upmost respect for Rugby, it's players, and it's historical application. The bumper stickers, "Rugby players eat their dead" A little much but OK. As far as "Association Footsy" sounds like a church meeting, thanx for making my point.

Dave 111223: Except for maybe Daves 000001 thru 111222, I don't think anyone else is going to take you serious. I know neither I or anyone else who likes watching "real" football will. As far as myself, I don't really care if people who want to call the game we have for little pre-school girls really real footy take me serious or not.

Aussie Lady: To answer your question, the game (real football) starts with a "Kick" Off, kick as in foot. Do I really need to drag Webster into this for everyone of you guys? As far as the commercialization of football...real football and Christmas, I agree. But remember there are commercials because companies buy advertising time, they buy advertising time because people are watching. If there's no commercials in soccer games maybe it's because nobody buys commercials because either nobody is watching and/or the people that are watching are too stupid to have a job to make any money to buy anything. But watching a bunch of metro-sexuals kick and throw a cute little round ball into a group of two or three who then proceed to try to trip each other now that's exci....ooopppps, I'm sorry, I fell asleep just thinking about it.

Have a nice day

Mr. Toad: I have the upmost respect for Rugby, it's players, and it's historical application. The bumper stickers, "Rugby players eat their dead" A little much but OK. As far as "Association Footsy" sounds like a church meeting, thanx for making my point.

Dave 111223: Except for maybe Daves 000001 thru 111222, I don't think anyone else is going to take you serious. I know neither I or anyone else who likes watching "real" football will. As far as myself, I don't really care if people who want to call the game we have for little pre-school girls really real footy take me serious or not.

Aussie Lady: To answer your question, the game (real football) starts with a "Kick" Off, kick as in foot. Do I really need to drag Webster into this for everyone of you guys? As far as the commercialization of football...real football and Christmas, I agree. But remember there are commercials because companies buy advertising time, they buy advertising time because people are watching. If there's no commercials in soccer games maybe it's because nobody buys commercials because either nobody is watching and/or the people that are watching are too stupid to have a job to make any money to buy anything. But watching a bunch of metro-sexuals kick and throw a cute little round ball into a group of two or three who then proceed to try to trip each other now that's exci....ooopppps, I'm sorry, I fell asleep just thinking about it.

Have a nice day

I can see where this going.

Closed!