Incoming To-pc Thai Phone Numbers? Is There Such A Thing?

rainman

I'm wondering if there's a service available where you can basically rent (like on Skype) incoming phone numbers for Thailand. I found one at http://www.tollfreeforwarding.com/areas/Th...ne-Numbers.html , but it only offers toll-free phone numbers for Thailand, which are not reachable from overseas.

Did anyone else come across something like that? Maybe even just call forwarding from a Thai number to a Thai number.

Edited by rainman

I'm wondering if there's a service available where you can basically rent (like on Skype) incoming phone numbers for Thailand. I found one at http://www.tollfreeforwarding.com/areas/Th...ne-Numbers.html , but it only offers toll-free phone numbers for Thailand, which are not reachable from overseas.

Did anyone else come across something like that? Maybe even just call forwarding from a Thai number to a Thai number.

The only DID for Thailand I have seen are at the wholesale level - I think you can still buy just one number though. Try these guys

http://www.didx.net/did/

It's easy enough to get a did service up and running - just need a cisco router, but I don't think the guys here have caught on yet. Anybody want to go halves? :o

Thank you very much for that :D I did manage to get a DIDx account up and running and Gizmo Project installed. I also noticed that I got an SIP number assigned through Gizmo Project in the form of [email protected] which I then assigned to the number I got to test at DIDx.net ...but whenever I ring the number, it rings once and then comes up with a busy signal. Do you know if there's a wait time? Or if I did something wrong?

:o

Thank you very much for that :D I did manage to get a DIDx account up and running and Gizmo Project installed. I also noticed that I got an SIP number assigned through Gizmo Project in the form of [email protected] which I then assigned to the number I got to test at DIDx.net ...but whenever I ring the number, it rings once and then comes up with a busy signal. Do you know if there's a wait time? Or if I did something wrong?

:o

Been a while since i used these guys but if i remember correctly their "test numbers" are not always fully functional. The best thing is to drop them a mail with your sip address and the time you tested it. I guess that the Thai DID may not be an instant on thing. Ring once and Nu tone tends to suggest an account access problem. Also when you say busy is it fast busy or the usual engaged tone? One means no equipment available and the other means the line is busy (although that sounds the same there is a difference)

Oh one other thing can you call out on your Gizmophone? there is uaually a test number you can call.

Yeah, that's exactly what it was. Called them and told them about it and they assigned a different number and now it works. I just tested the US numbers so far. Call out, not sure ...haven't tested that yet either :o But incoming calls are definitely working at least with US numbers.