Retirement Visa Extension At Chiang Mai, No Problem

I extended my retirement visa (3rd extension) at Chiang Mai today with no problems.

I had the required amount spread between 2 bank accounts, one in my name only, and one a joint account with my wife. Last year the joint account was rejected, but this year the same officer accepted it, as long as I provided copies of my marriage certificate and my wife's ID card.

The service was very good, and very respectful on both sides. No mention of proof that funds came from abroad.

Why can't it always be like that?

Why indeed! ~sigh~

The money in my Thai wife's bank account is only ever cash deposits after I've taken out from the ATM here from my UK account. The bank book just shows money going in and out in that manner. In fact, we 'recycle' the money sometimes, depositing some of the same money we took out a few days back. It didn't seem to matter with the single entry O last time, but I wonder if it could be a problem later?

~crosses fingers and hopes for a chirpy, happy consular on whatever day I need one~

Did they ask for proof of foreign import of the money?

Not for me, but then Bangkok Bank have always shown the code for foreign transfer in the passbook and I've never been asked. It may be that other banks don't show such a code, so proof may be needed in the form of a bank letter.

Did they ask for proof of foreign import of the money?

Went today for a 1 year extension. No problems at all and they did not ask for proof of where the money came from. All in all it took 2.5 hours from the time I registered till walking out with a 1 year extension and a multiple exit-re-entry permit also valid for 1 year.