Any Idea As To What Made This Crap?

A few weeks ago found large-ish - bigger than a cat, but not as big as a dog - long-ish soft oval shaped faece in one of the groundfloor bathrooms. Today my gardener reported seeing more, reddish brown in colour, bit soft and looked like it came out of some Big Snake (according to him), and also mentioned that he'd seen several over the past few weeks. I would've thought reptile crap was white? What is it? House not 'in the jungle', but have patches of what's left here and there outside the perimeter. Anyone have any idea? If it does belong to a reptile, Big One.

Hmmm. The lack of any white in the stool is what made me doubt it being from a snake. They were the precursors of birds after all. BUT. It's definitely not from one of my domestic animals, or anyone else's, come to that (large perimeter wall and fence). I have two large dogs, much too big for that stool, and one cat, and as I said, the stool much too big for a cat, and absolutely no odour. The shape of the stools peculiar. Longish softish and oval.I will attempt to photograph one before it get cleaned up again.

And to Londonthai, a large reptile can certainly get into your house. Any house. I had a monitor lizzard, several cobras and a python manage to get in my former house, and it was in town!

Forgot to mention that whatever the critter is, it's nocturnal. Faeces found first thing in the mornings only. Another reason why it couldn't possibly be one of the pets - they're all locked in the house at night. We used to have a civet cat come to the last house at night for a while. Anyone know what civet cat crap looks like?

I was thinking it could be a mongoose.

As far as snake faeces goes, I’ve seen what I believed was python faeces on boxes stored in warehouses. It was 1 or 2 metre long watery brown trails with the clumps of cat or rat skins spread along the length.

A few weeks ago found large-ish - bigger than a cat, but not as big as a dog - long-ish soft oval shaped faece in one of the groundfloor bathrooms. Today my gardener reported seeing more, reddish brown in colour, bit soft and looked like it came out of some Big Snake (according to him), and also mentioned that he'd seen several over the past few weeks. I would've thought reptile crap was white? What is it? House not 'in the jungle', but have patches of what's left here and there outside the perimeter. Anyone have any idea? If it does belong to a reptile, Big One.

I get similar items around 60 mm long sometimes dark brown but usually black, left in my carport and once in the lounge the culprits large frogs :o