Quickbooks 2007 Premier--problems Installing

jackcorbett

For 150 baht compared to around $450 U.S. one can buy here in Pattaya Quickbooks 2007 premier edition. However, I screwed up the initial install on my desktop computer's c drive. On the package one is instructed to STAY OFF THE INTERNET while doing the install. As is often times the case I was too quick on the trigger and did not disconnect from the Internet. The serial number and product number appears on the installation CD in a directory called Crack, and I think just about every 150 baht install CD for Premier 2007 uses the same serial and product numbers so I cannot simply pay another 150 baht for a second CD. So what happens is I cannot do the install on my Desktop computer's C drive as I get an error message stating the serial number I am supplying is invalid. It isn't. The program will install onto my girlfriend's computer and I have already successfully installed it onto my laptop computer.

I believe that my first attempt at installing to the desktop enabled Intuit's web site to communicate with my computer and either created a file that would cause the serial number not to be recognized or altered an existing file to prevent the install. Anyone have a solution for me that will allow my serial number to be recognised?

Incidentally, I normally do not go for the bootleg copies or free copies of friends' software and do not mind paying. However, Intuit although it makes great accounting software, this company is repeatedly screwing its customers. Example. I am already using Quickbooks 2004 for three companies. My C.P.A. back in the states can read my files and prepare my taxes from them when I email them to him. But now a problem has occurred. He's on Quickbooks 2007. He can still read my 2004 files but there is a third company and he does all the accounting entries for this company. So when he prepares a file with his 2007 Quickbooks for this company and sends it to me, my 2004 Quickbooks can no longer read it. I even called Intuit today and asked if I could buy a 2007 download so my accountant and I would be compatible. The Intuit representative told me what I already suspected. Although I now could read my accountant's 2007 files there would be no way he could read my 2008 Quickbooks files. I could download 2008 Quickbooks but there were no more 2007 downloads available from Intuit and no other vendors offered licensed copies of 2007 from their web sites available for download. The Intuit representative told me (I was using Skype) that everyone would be happy campers if I bought 2008 and got my C.P.A. to buy it also. I told the man that since the Accountant's version of 2008 cost $450 Intuit would be very happy but my accountant and I would certainly not be as both of us would be dropping a few hundred dollars to go along with Intuit's program.

So, Intuit has set its customers (both my C.P.A. and I up) for a dual screwing announcing clearly there is no end to this company's greed. So I don't mind a little tit for tat by getting a 150 baht Thai copy which I already have done. Now I just have to figure out how to undo the damage I had invited in by not dropping my online connection during my first install attempt.

Got it so if anyone else has this problem, this should work. A firend in the condo headed to Bangkok where he got the Enterprise version of 2007 Quickbooks. This is $3000 for a five user version in the U.S. Well........the install was tricky but it worked. Cost him 80 baht.