Hotel Help Needed, Please.

andiwilson

Hi everyone,

I will be getting married up country on 2nd January next year and have a lot of family and friends meeting up in Pattaya/Jomtien area for a holiday first. I had thought to choose the area around the Asia Pattaya hotel to try to find accommodation for them all. I need some where with a range of hotel prices so as to suit everyone. Not too far from the beach. Not too far from the nightlife of Pattaya. Would you recommend the area I've thought about or do you have a better idea? One person said that Hill Beach hotel was in a good location and cheap but in need of a lick of paint, anyone an opinion on this? I especially need somewhere for my brother, partner and 13 year old son for a month, starting about 13 December. They'd rather not share a bedroom with the boy so need two rooms in a hotel or maybe a suite. They are by no means well off so I'm looking for clean but cheap. The main bunch of us will contain fit English pensioners, western forty year olds, American late teens/early twentys girls, Thai children and of course future Thai wife. If rooms for this lot were on average 1500 baht I'd be happy.

So please give me any information, advice and recommendations you feel could be helpful.

Andy

Hi everyone,

I will be getting married up country on 2nd January next year and have a lot of family and friends meeting up in Pattaya/Jomtien area for a holiday first. I had thought to choose the area around the Asia Pattaya hotel to try to find accommodation for them all. I need some where with a range of hotel prices so as to suit everyone. Not too far from the beach. Not too far from the nightlife of Pattaya. Would you recommend the area I've thought about or do you have a better idea? One person said that Hill Beach hotel was in a good location and cheap but in need of a lick of paint, anyone an opinion on this? I especially need somewhere for my brother, partner and 13 year old son for a month, starting about 13 December. They'd rather not share a bedroom with the boy so need two rooms in a hotel or maybe a suite. They are by no means well off so I'm looking for clean but cheap. The main bunch of us will contain fit English pensioners, western forty year olds, American late teens/early twentys girls, Thai children and of course future Thai wife. If rooms for this lot were on average 1500 baht I'd be happy.

So please give me any information, advice and recommendations you feel could be helpful.

Andy

Andy,

When I've booked hotels in Pattaya in the past, I have used asiarooms.com, they are probably the cheapest and have good maps showing the areas that the hotels are in.

And good luck with the marriage.

Peter

Hi everyone,

Andy

Seems like a lot of work. A decent room will be 1000 b / night +/-

Soi 13 has Inn House at about 1000 baht, LEK Hotel arounf 1000, Silver or sandy Spring at 1200 - 1500 and a few others in that range. Lots of hos for a 13 year old to be around IMO.

There is a two and a three bedroom penthouse apartment here, for around £380 and £450 for the month, plus utilities: http://www.greenbeachpattaya.com/services.html

For your short stay requirements, you can consider Lek Villa: http://www.lekvilla.com/index.html Around 1200 to 1500 baht per day.

Both on the Naklua Baht Bus route, so generally 10 baht to get around.

Book now for December, as accommodation could be tight.

Really? How would you know?

How would looking at the Sawadee website help?

Neither of the places that I've mentioned are on either website.

Find me a two bedroom apartment, available on a monthly basis, on either Asiarooms or the Sawadee website.

Yours is a pretty useless post if you ask me.

Edited by Jiu-Jitsu

You don't need an agent to book rooms in Pattaya (check if cheaper of course).

Try the Residence garden at Bt1499 per night. Ask for FLB rate (from the FLB bar). These are 1 bedroom suites at this price. They also have 2 bedroom suites.

Google for their site. Owner is calle Ib.

Actually for such a mixed group and for a social occassion I would go for one of the "resort Hotels".

For example http://www.eastsearesort.net/. There are a few of them just north of dolphin roundabout. Several pools and a mixtrure of bungalows , rooms of different sizes in each " resort". Get a few bungalows together by a pool. All are only a few hundred yards from Dolphin roundabout and the main baht bus route.

Good luck

Richard

You don't need an agent to book rooms in Pattaya (check if cheaper of course).

Try the Residence garden at Bt1499 per night. Ask for FLB rate (from the FLB bar). These are 1 bedroom suites at this price. They also have 2 bedroom suites.

Google for their site. Owner is calle Ib.

Yes.. but the cost of a month in a 2 bedroom suite for some one who is "by no means well off"?

Indeed one could use the RG on a daily basis for the short stay guests and use somewhere like; http://www.pattayagardenapartments.com/home.htm for the long stay guests requiring the 2 bed room accommodation.

Hi everyone,

Andy

Try Silver Sand Hotel - Jomtien, right across the street is the beach; has 2 large swimming pools and not too expensive.

LaoPo