Non-o Married Extension Paperwork

Sorry to ask a question that appears to come up again and again but bit confused. After reading numerous posts I have got myself confused with the paper work requirements - specifically the 40k/month income.

To get an extension on my non-o married visa we need to show 40k month - go that bit.

I could show 40k from outside or my wife could show 40k from Thailand or any combination of the two as long as its at least 40k - correct?

For me right now it would be easier to show 40K for the wife. Now heres where I get confused: To show the 40K for the wife what do we need to show to immigration? Is is her bank books? Her tax returns? or both?

As far as the tax returns go how does this work? Can she declare 40K a month and pay this on the year end or does she have to pay deductions every month. She's self employed.

The last point I am confused about is what period do her returns have to show? Is it better to wait until the end of this tax year and apply then?

sorry for rehashing something that has been done to death already. Perhaps sticky with the procedure would help.

Edited by dsys

It is tax returns and currently they seem to require the previous years filling rather than working with current returns so newly employed would have to wait awhile. If last years returns show her paying a tax on 40k monthly income you should be able to go to immigration any time. If not it appears you may have to wait until a yearly return does show that. But you can check your immigration office and see what they say as it started as three months and may return to that at some point.

thnks for the quick reply. One further clarification - do you think it matters if she pays the tax monthly or once in full at years end?

From hearsay & may be a little grey!

If last years payments are lacking (or non existent?) then a one off payment for the previous years full tax or defecit would be most graciously accepted by the Tax Department and they would then happily issue the statement for last year.

(1 years tax payments are cheaper than return flight to EU & purchase of new Non O)

But ask at the tax office first before she pays and ensure that her position of "self employment" is registered etc.

This only applies to her and not you, as you would not have the WP for the previous year!

Thanks for that - i understand now.

Problem with the full years tax return for last year is that we were in the UK not Thailand. To further complicate matters her income is from the UK. Thinking of putting her family's business in her name.

Will go and have a word with the tax people.