Merton Mowbray Pork Pie

JohnBKKK

Hi,

we are placing a lot of Merton Mowbray style pork pies into Villa next week and they may become available in Phuket soon :D

They are hand made according to tradition with a hot-water pastry with a twist, we use bacon lard to give the pastry some extra flavor :o

post-30681-1192775265_thumb.jpg

p.s. the shape is slightly different to the original because the original shape looks just like a mooncake and may confuse our Chinese customers who as we have realized do enjoy our pork pie

Edited by JohnBKKK

Surely it's Melton Mowbray?

@ JohnBKK on another subject - slightly!

How about an "idiots' guide" to cooking the various sausage "types" you produce?

I imagine some are better fried, others grilled etc. but I have absolutely no idea what should best be done with each type!

Patrick

How about an "idiots' guide" to cooking the various sausage "types" you produce?

I imagine some are better fried, others grilled etc. but I have absolutely no idea what should best be done with each type!

Patrick

Hi Wiley

never buy a black keyboard :o can't change it anymore now - trying to type blind lol and always forget to proof read.....

Anyway as to the sausages all our sausages can be pan-fried or done in a skillet (which looks very nice as well) - some, like the Thueringer Rostbratwurst is perfect for BBQ but equally good when done in a skillet or on/under a grill - a friend of mine uses a gas grill which is perfect - we deliver every week 1.4 meter long rolled-up Cumberland sausages to a customer where they have them on the BBQ buffet for lunch/dinner and a Chef carves them for customers - must be very popular considering the orders :D - my favorite way of serving sausages when having a get together is a mix of 3-4 sausage types on a large plate with roasted tatties (of course roasted in goose fat) and a mountain of Sauerkraut in the centre -

Before I forget, the secret to perfectly done sausages in a pan or skillet is to use a moderate heat to slowly brown them which means the are hot on the inside as well - but whatever you do - do not deep-fry them !!!

Should the sausages be frozen, just place them into hot (not boiling) water for a few minutes - remove them - dry them and fry or grill -

is this thread about Pie or sausages ?

maybe John you could start an own thread about how to cook the various sausages

as to the Merton Mowbray Pie it does not only look delicious, but it tastes great (even when once frozen).

And THAT comes from a German !!! :o

Seppl

• 2 weeks later...
is this thread about Pie or sausages ?

maybe John you could start an own thread about how to cook the various sausages

as to the Merton Mowbray Pie it does not only look delicious, but it tastes great (even when once frozen).

And THAT comes from a German !!! :o

Seppl

any chance of getting them in samui ,i could eat one now please

• 4 weeks later...
Hi,

we are placing a lot of Merton Mowbray style pork pies into Villa next week and they may become available in Phuket soon :o

Bought a Mowbray pork pie and also tried your Cumberland sausages, both very good.

Just keep an eye on Villa 33, they are up to their old tricks of selling out-dated food, they were selling some of your products which were 5 day past their sell by date, as at 9pm last night, 20th Nov.

At least they did not cover your date over like they have done in the past with your competitors products which ruins the brand rather than the shop. Maybe you can get one of your staff to have a quick look now and again.

Cheers

Patrick

Hi Wiley

never buy a black keyboard :o can't change it anymore now - trying to type blind lol and always forget to proof read.....

I love Cumberland sausage and pork or pork & veal pies, but I live in Rayong do you deliver here or sell in Pattaya which is not far.

Pete

Anyway as to the sausages all our sausages can be pan-fried or done in a skillet (which looks very nice as well) - some, like the Thueringer Rostbratwurst is perfect for BBQ but equally good when done in a skillet or on/under a grill - a friend of mine uses a gas grill which is perfect - we deliver every week 1.4 meter long rolled-up Cumberland sausages to a customer where they have them on the BBQ buffet for lunch/dinner and a Chef carves them for customers - must be very popular considering the orders :D - my favorite way of serving sausages when having a get together is a mix of 3-4 sausage types on a large plate with roasted tatties (of course roasted in goose fat) and a mountain of Sauerkraut in the centre -

Before I forget, the secret to perfectly done sausages in a pan or skillet is to use a moderate heat to slowly brown them which means the are hot on the inside as well - but whatever you do - do not deep-fry them !!!

Should the sausages be frozen, just place them into hot (not boiling) water for a few minutes - remove them - dry them and fry or grill -

Hi,

we are placing a lot of Merton Mowbray style pork pies into Villa next week and they may become available in Phuket soon :o

Bought a Mowbray pork pie and also tried your Cumberland sausages, both very good.

Just keep an eye on Villa 33, they are up to their old tricks of selling out-dated food, they were selling some of your products which were 5 day past their sell by date, as at 9pm last night, 20th Nov.

At least they did not cover your date over like they have done in the past with your competitors products which ruins the brand rather than the shop. Maybe you can get one of your staff to have a quick look now and again.

Cheers

Hi Harry,

thanks for the info. What may have happened - I asume it was the Pies - that the other sellers simply dumped a whole load of their product on top of ours which happens so frequently that I have decided not to put anymore Pies into Villa unless I get some decent space - the problem than is that our of course will not sell because they can't be seen and only when the other stock runs low, do they re-appear - have it checked out today though

JOhn

Hi,

Cheers

Hi Harry,

thanks for the info. What may have happened - I asume it was the Pies - that the other sellers simply dumped a whole load of their product on top of ours which happens so frequently that I have decided not to put anymore Pies into Villa unless I get some decent space - the problem than is that our of course will not sell because they can't be seen and only when the other stock runs low, do they re-appear - have it checked out today though

JOhn

John,

I know what you mean about the pies and stuff, pretty shocking the way they are presented, however it was your sausages that were out of date, umm, could have been the Apple & Leek?? but don't hold me to that.

I like the fact that you have your sell by date marked where a shop can't over stamp it, well done.

I agree with the previous poster, the Cumberland sausages were grand.

BTW, Just trying to be constructive, not having a go at your company.

John,

I know what you mean about the pies and stuff, pretty shocking the way they are presented, however it was your sausages that were out of date, umm, could have been the Apple & Leek?? but don't hold me to that.

I like the fact that you have your sell by date marked where a shop can't over stamp it, well done.

I agree with the previous poster, the Cumberland sausages were grand.

BTW, Just trying to be constructive, not having a go at your company.

Hi Harry,

thanks for your kind comments.

yep, it was the apple& leek and I have asked for them to remove them - wife will go to check tomorrow that this has happened. Hmmm we normally never have any sausages go out of date ... they sell pretty fast .... just finished a smallish caterig job - 30 people - for a Thanksgiving party - the client had asked, amoung the usual TG stuff for our Onion & Sage sausage and I always get the same comments - they are different .. meaty.... they are f.......g great ..... makes one enjoy ones work :o .. but a funny thing, the client had bought 2 large Turkey's and when I made them this morning (7am in the oven) they kind off desolved .. never had that much juice ... well actually water come out of those birds .... someone at Butterball must have gotten a new syringe for his birthday and couldn't stop using it :D they were just about half the size when done .... guess its the same as with sausages .. water is cheap

John

Tempting,the real taste in in the pastry!

:o Wiley Coyote

Do you supply to Pattaya, I live up country but less than 2 hours from there and I stock up on Farang goodies when I go, can your products be frozen?

Hi Pete,

currently only wholesale to Hotels/Restaurants, but you can order through our on-line shop - pay by ATM and receive the goods from our Rep in Pattaya - all Items can be frozen exept Scotch Eggs and anything with Gellee- if you have a good sized freezer, you have to order 5KG of, for example sausages, but when concidering the wolesale price of arround THB 228.00 per KG to the same in retail at 89.00 for 200G - its worth while on average you will safe 50% + - the minimum order volumes are shown in our shop - for example - sausage rolls = 24 - pork pies is 24 - ........... may be you have someone you can split an order with

John