Has Football Focus Got Boring?

Bredbury Blue

Has Football Focus got boring? Its all Liverpool, Man U, Liverpool, Liverpool and a bit of Arsenal. Wouldn't it be nice, if just for a change, they would talk about the likes of Villa, Fulham, WHU, Portsmouth,etc, etc, and MCFC!!!

These days i turn on occasionally and it annoys me. Tonight they talked about liverpool. Later talked about Liverpool in Europe. Then they talked about Liverpool against Arsenal. Borrrrring!

How do we let them know? Are they bothered? Probably not!

Has Football Focus got boring? Its all Liverpool, Man U, Liverpool, Liverpool and a bit of Arsenal. Wouldn't it be nice, if just for a change, they would talk about the likes of Villa, Fulham, WHU, Portsmouth,etc, etc, and MCFC!!!

These days i turn on occasionally and it annoys me. Tonight they talked about liverpool. Later talked about Liverpool in Europe. Then they talked about Liverpool against Arsenal. Borrrrring!

How do we let them know? Are they bothered? Probably not!

You can e-mail them bred ( espnstar.com football focus ) , I once had an e-mail of mine read out , though it was about Liverpool :o .

I can see your point , I am always happy as long as there talking about Liverpool but on tonight's show they did go overboard with the derby , then Liverpool in the champions league and then Liverpool against Arsenal. John Dykes did try a few times to change the subject but the panelist's ( notably Mr McMahon ) brought it back to Liverpool.

But that's the way this show , and a lot of other shows , are going to go on .... being dominated by the big 4. The only way you'll get to hear about City or any other team is if you lot win the premiership ....... easy :D .

But that's the way this show , and a lot of other shows , are going to go on .... being dominated by the big 4. The only way you'll get to hear about City or any other team is if you lot win the premiership ....... easy .

Could you remind me of the last time Liverpool did in the last 17 years or so ? :o

Let 'em go on about the more global franchise friendly. Better than being patronised, imo.

But that's the way this show , and a lot of other shows , are going to go on .... being dominated by the big 4. The only way you'll get to hear about City or any other team is if you lot win the premiership ....... easy .

Could you remind me of the last time Liverpool did in the last 17 years or so ? :D

Let 'em go on about the more global franchise friendly. Better than being patronised, imo.

Fair point HH , but champions league winners 2 years ago , F.A cup winners the year after , champions league finalists last year :o:D .

I'm sure if one of the " smaller " clubs did something that big they would get talked about a bit more , that was my point , not trying to patronise anyone.

The point about Football Focus is they are not trying to appeal to expat in bangkok or hong kong but to singapore and malaysians who on the whole support MUFC and Liverpool. That is their agenda, and no more than that. Yawn!

Agreed , Bangkok Thailand very rarely gets mentioned on the show's they do.

I'm sure if one of the " smaller " clubs did something that big they would get talked about a bit more , that was my point , not trying to patronise anyone.

I know that you weren't mate. :D

But these football programmes usually do. The absolute worste is MOTD - Hanson, Lineaker (don't even get me started on Lawrenson) for being patronising. As for the rest. Pandering to glory hunters who don't really have it in their in their blood.

Lucky them. :o

Edited by Happy Hammer

The point about Football Focus is they are not trying to appeal to expat in bangkok or hong kong but to singapore and malaysians who on the whole support MUFC and Liverpool. That is their agenda, and no more than that. Yawn!

You only have to look at the "man of the match" vote from the fans. :o:D Don't make me laugh ! Most of that lot are voting for the most famous player or their favourite player but in reality has had very little impact on the game :D

Absolutely correct, I only watch it for the entertainment value, the best is when McMahon starts to criticise the managers, yeah like he was so good, failed and sacked at every club he managed.

I agree bit to much of the ' Big 4 ' but still very watchable, especially when the ex-ref is on. Like earlier post they have to cater to these teams.

Would be nice if they could have a seperate , similar programme about , rest of Premier and lower League's teams.

Football Crazy dosent really count !!! Although apart from looking at Jamie Yeo, they do show Championship goals !!

I have to agree that Football Focus isn't as good as it used to be. I get the feeling that ESPN have lost interest since they lost the EPL coverage rights in Singapore and Thailand. They used to have regular ex-players like Les Ferdinand, Bryan Robson, Paul Walsh etc. as panelists every week. I used to enjoy listening to their opinion. Now the only guests that seems to be on the show are ex-ref Ray Biggar and Sasi Kumar.

Also Steve McMahon looks like he is on his 'period' every week. He looks grumpy, regularly interupts other panelists when they are speaking and he thinks that his opinions are the be all and end all.

Absolutely correct, I only watch it for the entertainment value, the best is when McMahon starts to criticise the managers, yeah like he was so good, failed and sacked at every club he managed.

:o:D He did a wonderful job at, erm.......Blackpool :D

The problem now, is that McMahon is really the only panelist that has the experience of the top flight. Quite frankly, the rest of the panelist are not to much cop, although still significantly better than Turdvisions own Somchai, Sparky, The Raging Flame and Turdsack.

I have to agree that Football Focus isn't as good as it used to be. I get the feeling that ESPN have lost interest since they lost the EPL coverage rights in Singapore and Thailand. They used to have regular ex-players like Les Ferdinand, Bryan Robson, Paul Walsh etc. as panelists every week. I used to enjoy listening to their opinion. Now the only guests that seems to be on the show are ex-ref Ray Biggar and Sasi Kumar.

Also Steve McMahon looks like he is on his 'period' every week. He looks grumpy, regularly interupts other panelists when they are speaking and he thinks that his opinions are the be all and end all.

I find McMahon a bit of an embarrasment, i'm forever expecting him to spit the dummy this week, jump the desk and lay in to Shebby Singh - no wonder creepy Masefield areslicks to him, cringe!

I find McMahon a bit of an embarrasment, i'm forever expecting him to spit the dummy this week, jump the desk and lay in to Shebby Singh - no wonder creepy Masefield areslicks to him, cringe!

I also hate the way Masefield bums up to McMahon :D .

When he first came on the show about 12-18 months ago , McMahon was a breath of fresh air with his strong opinions about certain players but also was kept in check as the likes of Paul Walsh , Gerry Armstrong , Les Ferdinand , Bryan and Bobby Robson , Alan Curbishley , Lee Sharpe and a lot more other ex football players on the show who were also giving their well informed opinions.

Now he's diccussing football with the likes of Jamie Reeves , Shebby Singh and that nobhead Masefield , they even had P.J Roberts on the other week :o . So understandably his head has got a bit ( lot ) bigger.

It's a shame we can't go back to the old days of last season but listening to this lot is one of the sacrifices we have to pay for being football fans , subscribing to ubc and living in LOS. I'm still very happy living here though , and overall I do enjoy Football Focus :D .

I also hate the way Masefield bums up to McMahon :D .

When he first came on the show about 12-18 months ago , McMahon was a breath of fresh air with his strong opinions about certain players but also was kept in check as the likes of Paul Walsh , Gerry Armstrong , Les Ferdinand , Bryan and Bobby Robson , Alan Curbishley , Lee Sharpe and a lot more other ex football players on the show who were also giving their well informed opinions.

Now he's diccussing football with the likes of Jamie Reeves , Shebby Singh and that nobhead Masefield , they even had P.J Roberts on the other week :o . So understandably his head has got a bit ( lot ) bigger.

It's a shame we can't go back to the old days of last season but listening to this lot is one of the sacrifices we have to pay for being football fans , subscribing to ubc and living in LOS. I'm still very happy living here though , and overall I do enjoy Football Focus :D .

This is the problem. Shebby was always entertainment value, as every show in Thailand has to have a retrd in it, but at least he did play some level of football, although the MSL is hardly an enthralling league and is riddled with match fixing. Reeves, has no football pedigree that I am aware of, and as for Masefield, he did play for the giants of Stockport and Exeter, although he tries to claim he was a Liverpool and Birmingham player as well. He is ass kissing is laughable. PJ Roberts has a bout as much credability as a military junta when it comes to football, so it's no wonder that Macca is getting a bit big for his boots. I just hope that they see some sense in the coming months and get a couple of fresh faces in, that do have an informed opinion. I'm sure ther are a few ex-footballers who woulkd be more than happy with a free trip to S'pore for a week or so.

I see Gary Mugson has left Leicester........"mutual consent" anybody ?? Next port of call........Bolton !! :D

Looks like it, according to the news.

smacks of desperation by a club on it's way down :D

1st Choice was Souness, and he turned them down, now they are going for Mugson. They must fancy playing in the Championship next season. :o

I see Gary Mugson has left Leicester........"mutual consent" anybody ?? Next port of call........Bolton !! :D

Looks like it, according to the news.

smacks of desperation by a club on it's way down :D

1st Choice was Souness, and he turned them down, now they are going for Mugson. They must fancy playing in the Championship next season. :o

Yep and if they go down, i think they'll end up another Oldham. Never to be seen again.

Is there no Bolton fans on here?

• 2 weeks later...

I thought it was a good show tonight :D .

A great discussion on many topics ranging from :

Fergie's mind games ,

Rafa's hidden agenda :o ,

Avram's rise ,

Mark Hughes and Blackburn's stock rising ,

Souey for the Wigan job and

match of the day !!!!.

Although the programme was still based on the big 4 they did dedicate a lot of time to other clubs on this show :D .

Fergie's mind games ,

Avram's rise ,

match of the day !!!!.

Although the programme was still based on the big 4 they did dedicate a lot of time to other clubs on this show :D .

So the Big 4 - Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and Man City? :D

Sorry Scouse, coldn't resist. Missed the show tonight as was out on a retail therapy trip.

Fergie's mind games ,

Avram's rise ,

match of the day !!!!.

Sorry Scouse, coldn't resist. Missed the show tonight as was out on a retail therapy trip.

Think you're confusing it with the TOP 4 :D

Fergie's mind games ,

Avram's rise ,

match of the day !!!!.

Although the programme was still based on the big 4 they did dedicate a lot of time to other clubs on this show :bah: .

Not confused at all, just a little jest at scouse. :D

Fergie's mind games ,

Avram's rise ,

match of the day !!!!.

Thank you BB :bah: