Iphone In Pattaya?

moo9

Anybody recently went to Tukcom? Do they sell the unlocked IPhone there? In MBK in BKK it is now about 20,000 Bht.

I would like to take a look, but try to avoid to make the trip to BKK.

Cheers

Yes......they have the unlocked Iphone there.

Be aware though that any updates done through the Apple site WILL render the phone.............USELESS

Hi Steve,

thanks, yeah read about it in the Internet / Phone Forum of TV. Just interested, I'll take a look then. However I doubt to pay 20+ k Bht for that.

Yes......they have the unlocked Iphone there.

Be aware though that any updates done through the Apple site WILL render the phone.............USELESS

Apparantly Apple are going to fix this little problem. :o

Personally, I am going to wait for the second release of iPhone which hopefully will have bluetooth capabilities added, and when bugs that users of the 1st release users have are fixed.

Nokia are bringing out the N810 which looks just like iPhone but has a slide out QWERTY keyboard (big plus for me :D ) PHOTOS

The new Nokia N95 8G also looks like similiar to the iPhone PHOTOs

<h1 class="section-heading">Apple to open iPhone for developers</h1>I'd be interested to hear your review if you end up buying the iPhone :D

The Winner shop on the second floor (one up from the ground) of Tuk Com sells the iPhone. They are near the Apple shop (which doesn't sell it of course!). My wife bought me one as a present, it's a fantastic piece of kit. Just don't upgrade the firmware and you will be OK.

Thanks for the info. Well compared with the new Nokia N95 8GB the IPhone lacks some functionality, however it is a nice product. How about the average baterry time? For the N95x it is quite short. And is it really true that you cannot easily replace the battery pack in the IPhone?

Thanks for the info. Well compared with the new Nokia N95 8GB the IPhone lacks some functionality, however it is a nice product. How about the average baterry time? For the N95x it is quite short. And is it really true that you cannot easily replace the battery pack in the IPhone?

Mmmmmmmmmmm. Not heard about the battery thingy. Good luck with it though. :o ( ps. Nouvo still going good )

What I've heard about battery life hasn't been too good. Apparantly the battery is only good for about 300 or 400 charges (dependng on what reports you read) and that you need to send it back to Apple for a replacement battery (that you have to pay for) and all info stored on the iPhone will be wiped. Another of my reasons for holding back on getting one right now :o

All sorts of iPhone news and info at iPhoneAtlas; including news about the updates that turned unlocked iPhones into bricks - Interesting site, especially if you're set on the iPhone.

Battery life on the iphone is pretty good - it basically lasts for 2 days of heavy use. This is certainly better than the Nokia n95 that really doesnt last a day. Of course you cant replace the iphone battery yourself and this is an issue. I am not too worried as I will probably upgrade my iphone to a new one when the battery begins to fade after 18 months or so. Those who want to replace their battery can do so (at some cost) - presumably all their data is backed up on their itunes on their pc.

2 days - that's pretty good (especially compared to my p990 :o ).... and much better than reports I've heard.

Yeah usually Phone batteries fade out after 1.5 yrs or so. Anyway, strange enough, that you can't even replace a battery pack in the Iphone.

I will take a look to it over the weekend. I like the Nokia N95 (because of GPS, good cam etc etc), but what are all the benefits if the battery get down within one day....not very useful

The new Nokia N95 8G is a much better value than the Iphone.

Will hold better resale value as well.

The battery issues have been resolved over the original N95.

If you want to spend a bundle on a phone it's the way to go.

N95 seems to make the least amount of compromises in a do it all piece of hardware.

I wouldn't get one because I need a faster camera, a faster computer, a more capable GPS, and I don't need a phone which is a magnet for thieves.

The Nokia 6610 is just fine for me!

and I don't need a phone which is a magnet for thieves.

Well said, especially in P-Town!

Yeah that's right.... in Monaco just about everyone has the iphone but I dont think it is a suitable phone for residents of Pattaya.

I phone is a great new toy for me. Stores thousands of contacts (backed up obviously) I do need that function. Some things are a little quirky cos I am used to nokia and I cannot send business cards with the iphone nor store a number whilst on the phone however I like the thing great web browser too. Sexiest phone at the moment.

I phone is a great new toy for me. Stores thousands of contacts (backed up obviously) I do need that function. Some things are a little quirky cos I am used to nokia and I cannot send business cards with the iphone nor store a number whilst on the phone however I like the thing great web browser too. Sexiest phone at the moment.

Well, somewhat true, I had it in my hands, it's nice but...

Went home, thought twice whether I make my way to the ATM, and then....hmmm....a phone is a tool to make and receive calls, tools are not sexy. Maybe I change my mind some day, but I can spend the 20 k THB in a much better way :-)