Golf Societies In Chiang Mai

Harper

I am a Scot who has recently moved to Chiang Mai. I work in the oil business on a month on -month off basis and am looking to find some golf partners or golf societies to play with. Any ideas??

I think The Chiang Mai Gymkhana Club may be what you're looking for. Here's a link and a list of local courses:

http://www.chiengmaigymkhana.com/

<a href="http://www.chiangmai-chiangrai.com/2_golf_chiangmai.html" target="_blank">http://www.chiangmai-chiangrai.com/2_golf_chiangmai.html</a>

Edited by lannarebirth

I am a Scot who has recently moved to Chiang Mai. I work in the oil business on a month on -month off basis and am looking to find some golf partners or golf societies to play with. Any ideas??

Thanks for all the replies. Just the type of information I was looking for. Looking for forward to playing some golf over the next few weeks

Thanks for all the replies. Just the type of information I was looking for. Looking for forward to playing some golf over the next few weeks

Enjoy the golf in Chiang Mai. There are several golfing groups and quite a few good golf courses in the area. I have just moved to Phuket, where there is less choice, and at twice the price..! Out of curiosity, who are you working for, and where..? I am in the same business.

• 3 weeks later...

Enjoy the golf in Chiang Mai. There are several golfing groups and quite a few good golf courses in the area. I have just moved to Phuket, where there is less choice, and at twice the price..! Out of curiosity, who are you working for, and where..? I am in the same business.

I am working up in Sakhalin Island for SEIC. I got back oa couple of weeks ago but had to go up country for a while so am now back in Chiang Mai and about to arrange some golf What about yourself ? you working anywhere exotic, its just about to start freezing up in Sakhaln for the next 6 months.

I am working up in Sakhalin Island for SEIC. I got back oa couple of weeks ago but had to go up country for a while so am now back in Chiang Mai and about to arrange some golf What about yourself ? you working anywhere exotic, its just about to start freezing up in Sakhaln for the next 6 months.

Hi, by chance I had not logged on to check if you had replied, until today. No, I am not working anywhere 'exotic'. The swamps of east Borneo are anything but that..! It's OK though. Easy crew-change each month, warm weather and friendly people. I have been working there for almost 4 years, and around SE Asia for over 15. I originally came over on a 6 month contract..! The golf in Chiang Mai is pretty good. I joined Gymkhana first, just as a way of meeting people, and enjoyed that little 9-hole course for a while. Then I joined Green Valley, which was the best conditioned course, year-round, for a long time. (I still have 21 years left on my 30 year lifetime membership there, if you are interested in buying..?) Then courses started popping up all over the place. The Royal course is also nice, but probably the best of them all is Highlands, which is fairly new. Check out the various golfing groups, and I'm sure you'll find one that you feel comfortable playing with..? Some, I feel, take it way too seriously, so I didn't bother with them too much. I just enjoy to get out there, have some fun and hit that little ball about. If I have a good round, great, if not, no sweat. It's just a a 'game'..! Phuket is not the same. Over-priced and much less choice. I have hardly played since moving down here mind you..? Keep in touch. If you ever come down this way, let me know. (PS. I am seriously trying to sell that GV golf membership, if you hear of anyone interested..? I'm looking for 100k baht)