Maxnet Vs. Tot Pattaya? Seen 1200 Kbps, 3pm, Seattle On Maxnet - 30kbps Tot...coincidence Or Maxnet Far Superior?

oimatchi

I live in Yensabai Condo in Pattaya, have seen speeds as slow as 2 kbps international...no joke.

I need to make a decision if I should move out and seek a condo with TTandT so that I can get Maxnet.

I've tested it in Pattaya at Arromdee appartment, on Sukumvilt, far from any "hub"...the speed was over 1200 kbps to Seattle USA!

Was I just lucky or is Maxnet 100 times better than TOT?

I live in Yensabai Condo in Pattaya, have seen speeds as slow as 2 kbps international...no joke.

I need to make a decision if I should move out and seek a condo with TTandT so that I can get Maxnet.

I've tested it in Pattaya at Arromdee appartment, on Sukumvilt, far from any "hub"...the speed was over 1200 kbps to Seattle USA!

Was I just lucky or is Maxnet 100 times better than TOT?

It seems speeds on Maxnet have taken a horrible dive over the past few weeks as well. It's all a bit of a mystery at this point - one more part of the this greater mystery we all love...called Thailand :o

It seems speeds on Maxnet have taken a horrible dive over the past few weeks as well. It's all a bit of a mystery at this point - one more part of the this greater mystery we all love...called Thailand :o

It's no mystery at all if you're on the Maxnet Indy service. This is a service designed for Thai web surfing only and over the past few weeks Maxnet and other ISPs have been restricting the bandwidth allocated to international connections and boosting the bandwidth available to domestic connections. If you have a torrent that has a connection to at least one Thai IP address then it downloads fairly fast. If all your connections are to international IP addresses it will dribble. This is unlikely to improve in the future and Maxnet are advising anyone that uses international connections to upgrade to their Premier service at a much higher charge.

... over the past few weeks Maxnet and other ISPs have been restricting the bandwidth allocated to international connections and boosting the bandwidth available to domestic connections.

This is unlikely to improve in the future and Maxnet are advising anyone that uses international connections to upgrade to their Premier service at a much higher charge.

May I ask the source of that information? It would explain all the complaints of the recent slowdowns, but where did you hear that particular explanation?