Asking For Traveller's Opinion

Dario

I would like to ask your opinion.

If you were to stay in a Phuket hotel at a daily rate of around 80 US$ or higher per night, how much would you value the following amenities included in your price?:

1. A 29" inch TV with clear satellite reception inluding all major channels you wish such as Fox News, CNN, BBC, all major movie channels, Kids channels, documentary channels, etc.

2. your own desktop PC with flat screen and 24 hour ADSL at no extra charge which is a small investment for the hotel considering the profit that is made with a Phuket hotel room on a continous basis.

I do know that people don't fly to other continents to watch TV, but it c o u l d happen that the weather is not always sunshine and then it would come in handy. I am of the opinion, that in most hotels those TV's are too small and feature lousy channels and lousy reception.

If you would answer please do it in an easy and uniform way (to save your time):

TV 0% 25% 50% 75% 100%

PC same way

in short, please mark your personal level of importance. Thanks everyone.

Cheers

if i were to have a vacation to phuket hotel why would i need a TV and PC for, the purpose was to get away from it and have a relaxing time, i will be there for only a few day, not a few year.

if you have a vacation in phuket would you stuck yourself in a room to whatch TV and PC, if you were business travel you obviously will have a laptop to check email other than that you would rather relax yourself.

0% 0%, all good thing come natually

I do know that people don't fly to other continents to watch TV, but it c o u l d happen that the weather is not always sunshine and then it would come in handy. I am of the opinion, that in most hotels those TV's are too small and feature lousy channels and lousy reception.

one lousy day or weekend does not cover for the rest of the year.

Thanks Chingy.

I value every response. You're certainly right ... in your own right. I was in Phuket from Thursday to Tuesday and only saw some sun rays on Tuesday. If you pay 10,000 Baht for a room per day, most people aren't bothered by being able to check their mail right in their privacy and follow the latest developments about Hurricane Charley, if one or more of their loved ones happen to live in Soutwestern Florida.

Possom,

try to stay with the essential issue here and show that you are mature. I'm not a backpacker and have several businesses here in Thailand. So, everybody who buys a Mercedes Benz is a fool....

Try to adhere to the rules of this forum.

I would like to ask your opinion.

If you were to stay in a Phuket hotel at a daily rate of around 80 US$ or higher per night, how much would you value the following amenities included in your price?:

1. A 29" inch TV with clear satellite reception inluding all major channels you wish such as Fox News, CNN, BBC, all major movie channels, Kids channels, documentary channels, etc.

2. your own desktop PC with flat screen and 24 hour ADSL at no extra charge which is a small investment for the hotel considering the profit that is made with a Phuket hotel room on a continous basis.

If you would answer please do it in an easy and uniform way (to save your time):

TV 0% 25% 50% 75% 100%

PC same way

in short, please mark your personal level of importance. Thanks everyone.

Cheers

There are 24 hours in a day and I would definately use the tv and the PC for at least a couple of hours per day.

TV 100%

PC 80%

My kid would love to have some games on that pc and be able to play Sony PS2 games as well.

Hi falong,

very much appreciate your answer. Would that mean that a SONY PS2 hardware must be there to play? Or could thosegames be played on the computer taking into consideration to have a fast VGA card installed? I would understand that some people are addicted to some of the games like FarCry, etc.

I myself am an avid player of Microsoft Flight Simulator and am designing AFCADs for the sim community.

For those of you who have questionmarks, I believe that a good hotel room should be a home away from home and that would include for the majority of us the things I mention. I didn't mention the mobile phone of course. But you all have a computer at home and you don't like to watch TV on a 14" or 20" TV.

It's pretty simple: give the customer what he wants and he will buy if he has the money.

Hi falong,

very much appreciate your answer. Would that mean that a SONY PS2 hardware must be there to play? Or could thosegames be played on the computer taking into consideration to have a fast VGA card installed? I would understand that some people are addicted to some of the games like FarCry, etc.

I myself am an avid player of Microsoft Flight Simulator and am designing AFCADs for the sim community.

For those of you who have questionmarks, I believe that a good hotel room should be a home away from home and that would include for the majority of us the things I mention. I didn't mention the mobile phone of course. But you all have a computer at home and you don't like to watch TV on a 14" or 20" TV.

It's pretty simple: give the customer what he wants and he will buy if he has the money.

When I travel with my son--he usually bring his Sony playstation along. Some hotels have the very cheap tvs that don't have the standard input interface for sony PS. So he cannot use it. Just an video in audio in jacks.

The Sony PS 2 also is a dvd player which can come in handy.

Depending on how many rooms you have--it might be nice to have at least one playstaion available for kids, and of course dvd, vcd players available as well.

Mom and dad will really apreciate it

I would not charge for it either. I hate those places where they charge extra for everything. A little goodwill goes a long way--as im sure you know already.

For pc games- Either pre-install a standard package of games on all pc's or have game cd's available for guests. IMO Preinstall is better option. You will have to decide what you allow your guests to use the pc for. Only internet ? or??--a custom menu only allowing certain programs?

Pc's wiil require lots of maintenance as well