Microsoft Office 2007 & Adobe Acrobat 8.0

ashacat

Hi all,

I use Vista with Office 2007 on my laptop and I have just bought Adobe Acrobat 8.0 however I have just discovered that the two are incompatible. Is there a patch or update available that will let me use them together or do I have to wait until the next version of Adobe?.....

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Hi all,

I use Vista with Office 2007 on my laptop and I have just bought Adobe Acrobat 8.0 however I have just discovered that the two are incompatible. Is there a patch or update available that will let me use them together or do I have to wait until the next version of Adobe?.....

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Incompatible in terms of what? Can you give more details.

Office 2007+Adobe Acrobat 8 working fine together both on XP and Vista.

When I try to convert an Office 2007 document to PDF it says "Acrobat could not open "FILE NAME" because it is either not supported or the file is corrupt"

I have tried it on other files so I don't think that the problem is that the actual file is corrupt....

It also says "missing PDFMaker files"

Edited by ashacat

Forgot to add. Once installed, it adds 'save to PDF/XPS' to the 'right click' menu of you Office 2007 programs.

Once you've downloaded the Save as PDF add-in for Office 2007, install the executable and the setup will automatically add the Save as PDF function into your Office 2007 programs. Next, open the document that you want to convert to Adobe Acrobat PDF format, or prepare the document that you want to save in PDF format. Once done, click on the Office icon on the top left corner, and at the opened pane or drop down menu, locate and select “Save As” option. Once selected, there will be a “Save as PDF or XPS” menu option with description “Publish a copy of the document as a PDF or XPS file” on the right pane. Select this option by clicking on it to export and save your Office document in PDF format or convert Access database, Excel workbook, Infopath document, Word document, Visio drawing, Publisher drawing, Powerpoint presentation and OneNote file into PDF file.

O my god Microsoft has an utility to save PDF, this makes me laugh ... please where is my paper bag I go into hyperventilation ...

Okay recovered, the tool for Office 2007 works fine until you want to edit the PDF also a issue about security. Anyway you cannot compare Adobe Acrobat Professional with a "save as" tool in MS Office 2007..

Also, it was not that long ago that Microsoft said they will never include PDF support, and the PDF support in OpenOffice....OpenOffice is no danger for Microsoft...maybe they changed there mind as more and more switch to OpenOffice.

One reason is maybe the Authentication now needed to update MS Office, lots of people who before did not had enough money to buy official are now looking at alternatives. And therefore the uniform all important support of .doc files is also less. Not that long ago I got even a mailed document of my embassy in .ODT (OpenOffice document file)

Of course you know that there is no need for authentication with the links supplied here.

No one is comparing Adobe Acrobat to Microsoft's 'save as' utility. but nonetheless, it's a useful and convenient add on. Adobe weren't best pleased. That's why it's an 'add on' and not included with the original package(for those who didn't read the relevant article).

Adobe Acrobat isn't free.