Tracking Registered Mail Through Thailand Post Website ..

rainman

I sent a few parcels through Thailand Post's 'Registered Mail' service. It's not EMS, which can be tracked online, but I assume since it is registered, it should be able to be tracked, too?

I'm using http://track.thailandpost.co.th/trackinternet/Default.aspx but that doesn't seem to return anything. Does anyone know if registered mail is traceable online through Thailand Post? Or EMS only?

Weird...the Thailand Post website link I posted above shows you can track EMS, Registration and Logispost (whatever that is).

The registration sample picture shows up as starting with an 'RA', while my registered receipt starts with 'RB'. Are there maybe 2 classes of registered mail?

I know following works for EMS, not sure about registered mail, but give this a try:

If you shipped to US you can try tracking it here: http://www.usps.com/shipping/trackandconfi...trackandconfirm

If you shipped to Australia try tracking it here:

http://ice.auspost.com.au/

Possibly could track UK shipments through Royal mail site, but never tried it.

Edited by dave111223

So you've tracked registered airmail (not EMS) through the website before and it worked?

Yes. It shows the PO where it was sent. Then that's it until it shows up in the US or Canada and appears on their online tracker (US or Canada PO, not the Thai one). It's never worked in the UK though :o (though things have always arrived).

Sometimes it's taken half a day to show up on Thai Post's online system. [Edited because George is faster]

Edited by KhaoNiaw

RA RB RC, all kinds works for me.

To international destinations as well? How far do they show? Only accepted at the Thai post office or until destination?

Maybe I should send from another post office. Maybe only the ones located in tourist locations like Sukhumvit work for online tracking...

Edited by rainman

How long have you been getting 'not found'? It sometimes takes several hours to show up in the system. But I've never had anything that has been permanently 'not found'.

I have, and I know I entered the number correctly.

Edited by Jingthing

RA RB RC, all kinds works for me.

To international destinations as well? How far do they show? Only accepted at the Thai post office or until destination?

Maybe I should send from another post office. Maybe only the ones located in tourist locations like Sukhumvit work for online tracking...

You can track international reg.letters when they have arrived destination country here: http://www.thailandpost.co.th/CMCD/Web%20L...egistration.htm

EMS here: http://www.thailandpost.co.th/CMCD/Web%20Link%20EMS.htm

You can track international reg.letters when they have arrived destination country here: http://www.thailandpost.co.th/CMCD/Web L...egistration.htm

George, thank you so much with that. I certainly didn't know this before. I recently sent two registered letters to the US. On the Thai site, they left Thailand but I didn't know you could view them on the usps site. Well, one arrived and one didn't. And indeed it didn't, so I have to send it again. Thaivisa forum can be so very useful.

And yes I am talking about Thai registered mail, not certified.

Edited by Jingthing

Thanks a lot george for those links. I spoke to my local post office today and they told me that mail sent registered from Thailand does not show up in their online database. Only EMS does. However depending on the recipient's country, it will show in the US Post website, Canada Post website, etc. The ones I've checked where it should show, but doesn't, are UK Post and Australia Post. They claim that they show international incoming registered letters, but they don't.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Wish someone could get the real story, but as many things in Thailand, sometimes yes sometimes maybe, but very little certainty.

I found one eBay vendor out of Chiang Mai with over 8000 feedback posts and 100% positive rating that uses Thai Post airmail, they do not mention tracking at all unless you upgrade to EMS or UPS. If anyone knows about shipping it would be a seasoned Thai eBay company.

The reason I am so interested is, I sold on eBay for 3 years full time from USA and will be starting a new eBay business from Bangkok soon myself. Now I am in the States but lived in Pattaya for 2 years and will be returning to live in Bangkok soon. I will be looking for a vendor to make ladies dresses for me, if anyone knows where good shops for fabric and sewing is, I would appreciate the input, Thanks!

So you can track registered mail from Thailand as soon as it enters the US?
Edited by Rainmon

Thanks a lot george for those links. I spoke to my local post office today and they told me that mail sent registered from Thailand does not show up in their online database. Only EMS does. However depending on the recipient's country, it will show in the US Post website, Canada Post website, etc. The ones I've checked where it should show, but doesn't, are UK Post and Australia Post. They claim that they show international incoming registered letters, but they don't.

I have successfully tracked registered mail from Thailand to delivery in UK before.

When you registered it did you get a till like receipt with the tracking number on it? Or did you just get a copy receipt of the form you filled with the number hand written on it?

If the former you can track it, if the latter you can't.

There's only 1 counter in Soi Post Office that issues the till like receipt, none of the others and none of the posatal agents around town do.

I want to send some paperback books from UK to Thailand, which is the best way to do it and what are the chances of them arriving?

Depends how many/heavy they are. Your local post office in the UK will help with getting the best rate (sometimes you score by posting two smaller parcels).

My parents use "international signed-for" requires a signature on arrival but has little/no compensation for non-arrival (like Recorded Delivery in the UK), registered/insured is just way too costly. So far everything has turned up (eventually).

If you can write the address in Thai it does seem to help. I can't imagine the Thai postie lifting books in English so a pretty good chance of them arriving.

I want to send some paperback books from UK to Thailand, which is the best way to do it and what are the chances of them arriving?

Depends how many/heavy they are. Your local post office in the UK will help with getting the best rate (sometimes you score by posting two smaller parcels).

My parents use "international signed-for" requires a signature on arrival but has little/no compensation for non-arrival (like Recorded Delivery in the UK), registered/insured is just way too costly. So far everything has turned up (eventually).

If you can write the address in Thai it does seem to help. I can't imagine the Thai postie lifting books in English so a pretty good chance of them arriving.

Thanks I'll give it a try..

I sent a few parcels through Thailand Post's 'Registered Mail' service. It's not EMS, which can be tracked online, but I assume since it is registered, it should be able to be tracked, too?

I'm using http://track.thailandpost.co.th/trackinternet/Default.aspx but that doesn't seem to return anything. Does anyone know if registered mail is traceable online through Thailand Post? Or EMS only?

It cant be tracked, only with EMS,.

• 1 month later...