Lcd Tv's

Wolfie

I'm looking to buy myself a nice LCD telly sometime over the next couple of months. Just wondering where the best/cheapest place is to get one in Bangkok.

Im looking for 37Inch+ depending on price

Any advice on what to look for and where to go? Also any indication on what is a good price?

Thanks in Advance!

I'm looking to buy myself a nice LCD telly sometime over the next couple of months. Just wondering where the best/cheapest place is to get one in Bangkok.

Any advice on what to look for and where to go? Also any indication on what is a good price?

Thanks in Advance!

I got mine from Powerbuy - great selection, great prices! There's one in Central World...

I am thniking the same , a 37-40 inch LCD television might be a purchase in the next month or so.

I have been looking at the Samsungs as I am very happy with the 19 inch LCD monitors from Samsung I have now. ( was in panthip yesterday and saw that the 22 inch widescreen Samsungs are 10900 baht - was very tempted )

I am thniking the same , a 37-40 inch LCD television might be a purchase in the next month or so.

I have been looking at the Samsungs as I am very happy with the 19 inch LCD monitors from Samsung I have now. ( was in panthip yesterday and saw that the 22 inch widescreen Samsungs are 10900 baht - was very tempted )

Bought a Laptop at Acer yesterday in Pantip 2, notice the LCD 22" monitor was 8950 baht.. my 19" 19months ago was 12,200 in a sale promotion !!!!

Thanks in Advance!

Look for/at 'Promotions' don't forget almost all the shops/Department Stores/Supermarkets have web sites..

Bought my Panasonic Plasma in the 'Home Pro' Big Sale [38,000 baht cheaper than the same model at Carrefour]

Thanks in Advance!

What will you use the TV for ???

If for TV then be sure to get the sales person to plug in the Ariel on a few different ones... The difference on makes on the TV picture is amazing.. for me 3 months ago Panasonic was far better pictues than any of the others.

If for TV then be sure to get the sales person to plug in the Ariel on a few different ones... The difference on makes on the TV picture is amazing.. for me 3 months ago Panasonic was far better pictues than any of the others.

Primarily for watching movies/dvds and playing the Xbox, with watching UBC as a distant runner up.

Primarily for watching movies/dvds and playing the Xbox, with watching UBC as a distant runner up.

I returned a Sony LCD TV and asked the dealer what they do with them. Tape up the box and sell it as new he said.

Thanks in Advance!

commart at Queen Sirikit Centre. Last day tomorrow.

Thanks in Advance!

I got mine from Powerbuy - great selection, great prices! There's one in Central World...

In my opinion shops like Powerbuy and Homepro etc are all in a big price fixing cartel. Prices are always identical, even the special offer prices are the same. One way they do seem to compete is with 'free' gifts.

Wish I new the best place to go for those big electrical purchases. Maybe the internet especially if you can read Thai?

tesco lotus has this on its website

SAMSUNG_LA-37S81B.JPG

http://www.tescolotus.net/tab/productscate.asp

but I do not have a use for a "free" mp3player and I imagine the price incorporates it somewhat.

has anyone been to the comtech show at the Queen Sirikit Centre ? do they have good deals there ?

and the websites for the major retailers , BigC , Tesco , and Carrefour are woeful - in this day and age of online connectivity you would think that they would have a listing of just about every product they stock and specs - but just being able to view what looks like a scan of their latest brochure in a small jpeg seems to be the norm.

and powerbuy looks just overpriced.

Edited by stumonster

Wish I new the best place to go for those big electrical purchases. Maybe the internet especially if you can read Thai?

A large selection can be seen here > SinSiamElectronics

On each item they will usually show "Special Price" at the bottom where you contact them by e-mail. Seems from 5-10% can be dropped from the listed price.

any good links to LCD television deals at commart 2007 at the Queen Sikrit centre ? ( especially Samsung )

Sorry, Stu. No links, but what I saw yesterday was that Samsung had promotions like including a free LCD monitor (or home theatre, not sure) for every purchase of a 40" or 42" LCD TV, etc.

any good links to LCD television deals at commart 2007 at the Queen Sikrit centre ? ( especially Samsung )

I wouldnt bother, I went there this afternoon and all the stalls are selling the TV's at the same prices you would find in Powerbuy, and in some cases more expensive that you would be able to get them for.

Keep an eye out for sales, Tesco surprisingly is the cheapest option so far

I wouldnt bother, I went there this afternoon and all the stalls are selling the TV's at the same prices you would find in Powerbuy, and in some cases more expensive that you would be able to get them for.

Keep an eye out for sales, Tesco surprisingly is the cheapest option so far

I bought there on friday a lg 42pc7rv for 29990 baht.Can you direct me to any powerbuy,tesco or whatever who sells it at this price.

Be very careful... shopping for price will lead you to disappointment long term... Educate yourself about the technical aspects - I would focus on native resolution... Very soon ALL movies and such will be in HD.. (Remember the VCR)... make sure that any TV you buy now will be able to handle HD resolution content... also I would make sure a computer will hook up to it where the resolutions are compatible... Ex: netflix.com will let you download/watch any movie now... Soon all US TV content (ABC,CSB,NBC,FOX...) will be streaming on the internet... This is the wave of the future... make sure your TV can handle it :o

Edited by sfokevin