Thai National Visiting Spain

My partner would like to take my son to Spain to see his grandmother but I don't know whare to start on this subject...

I need to get a passport for both my son and my partner and then I need to get visas for my partner, will I need to get a visa for my son if he gets dual citizenship?

Any advice would be appreciated :o

Obviously you will need passports for both of them, if your son gets a passport from the country of your nationality and it is a Western European country he wont need a visa. If he only has a Thai passport he will need a visa.

For requirements to apply for a Schengen visa to visit Spain for your partner use the search facility on this forum on the word 'Spain' and it will reveal a number of threads with valuable information.

Edited by Mahout Angrit

I'm assuming you are a UK national ?? A few years back we (my then g/f) attempted to apply for a Visa at the Spanish Embassy in Bangkok. My g/f already had a valid visa for UK, but this is no use for continental Europe as UK not in the Schengen agreement (is his still the case ??). Our experience at the Spanish Embassy was quite negative, the Thai national accepting visa application was somewhat rude, and more or less told us the application would be rejected as it was not supported by flight tickets in and out of Spain. We planned to buy the tickets in the UK from a cheapie charter company. This lady also told us that my g/f could NOT apply for a Spanish visa outside Thailand. So we aborted our application plans and just flew back to UK.

Back in the Uk we called into the Spanish Consulate in Edinburgh, where a lovely Scottish lass said no problem for visa, subject to confirmed flight dates/tickets. So straight off to travel agent, buy tickets, apply embassy, visa issued 2 days later.

Interestingly Spanish Immigration just waved everyone through without inspection of passport, same thing when we flew back into UK.

Best of luck... :o

My partner would like to take my son to Spain to see his grandmother but I don't know whare to start on this subject...

I need to get a passport for both my son and my partner and then I need to get visas for my partner, will I need to get a visa for my son if he gets dual citizenship?

Any advice would be appreciated :o

hi Nikkijah

i just recently went through the spanish visa process, i was successful first time round.

i did a post going back a month or so with everything i handed in etc.

at the moment its half way down page 3 in this section(sorry couldn't work out how to do link)

its titled "spanish visa success, what i handed in"

hope this is of use to you.

any help you may need also, don't hesitate to email me.

good luck

Just got a Spanish visa for my wife (I am British)to visit Spain we will see family there and then I will start work and apply for her to remain with me when we are there. Our daughter has two passports she will go out on the Thai passport and show the British one when we arrive. Spanish Embassy in Bangkok was OK but the guy working in security was not very good.

Just got a Spanish visa for my wife (I am British)to visit Spain we will see family there and then I will start work and apply for her to remain with me when we are there. Our daughter has two passports she will go out on the Thai passport and show the British one when we arrive. Spanish Embassy in Bangkok was OK but the guy working in security was not very good.

hi a99az.

quick question if thats allright.could you please tell me which papers you submitted to the spanish embassy for you wife for her visa,as i will be doing the same in a few weeks time myself all advice is welcome.i am a dual national english and spanish and i been living in spain for more than 30 years and i know how the spanish can be a law until themselfs sometimes.i think i have all the right papers but it never hurts to check.

thanks leomiguel