High Season Optimism?

Dupont

Good luck to all TV members for the high season.

And I mean to all the people I have argued with, badgered, needled, allied with, wound up or just plain laughed with (or at :o ) during the low season. Feels like its kicking in at last down here and hope its not something in my chang making me think this way.

My optimism is high! I just have a good feeling about it and wondered what everyone else feels! How is the rest of Thailand?

Will this be the year when we finally make that first million bucks? I say YES :D

There, my first thread start!

Good luck to all TV members for the high season.

And I mean to all the people I have argued with, badgered, needled, allied with, wound up or just plain laughed with (or at :D ) during the low season. Feels like its kicking in at last down here and hope its not something in my chang making me think this way.

My optimism is high! I just have a good feeling about it and wondered what everyone else feels! How is the rest of Thailand?

Will this be the year when we finally make that first million bucks? I say YES :D

There, my first thread start!

I feel its getting highseason in Samui. I pick up people in airport/ferrypiers and drive them to hotels, and for the last to days i have to start saying no (wich i dont like at all) to people since all the hotels i work with are fully booked. I have motorbikes for rent and since the last two weeks they are all rented, i have more bikes coming from bangkok (first one tommorow) and its already booked. Also in the rental buisness we now started to turn down costumers. I dont know if it is highseason or if its just my own feeling. On the other hand i hear friends that closed their restaurant and bars for 2 weeks due to lack of people, so i dont know. All i can say is i feel a major difference since a month and a half ago. And hopefullu it keep getting even better! :o

Well I just tried to change my booked flight from january, forward to december and they were pretty much all full, so I think it's looking like a busy season this year.

John......

I was looking at dates in the first week of December just a week or so ago and Thai and EVA had flights available every day. Just checked and still available. £629 60 day return on Thai Airways flying Saturday 1st December.

Unusual for this time of year for so many flights and that's a cheap price especially considering the oil price rise

No Optimism from me, crowds everywhere, golf tours, members of any golf club are shoved to the rear of the lines in order to make more money, traffic jams, over priced just about evrything you look at, for me I enjoy the slow season, things get back to normal once again.

Just my opinion! :o

Will this be the year when we finally make that first million bucks?

[\quote]

Now is that 1 million bucks per year?, month? day?

The Korean restaurant/tourist shop next door to our hotel in Phuket is always busy and does - on occasion - make more than 1 million baht PER DAY!!!

Simon

i started to see it last week. although yesterday marked day 1 of high season, i see a lot of people around, and i know for a fact that MANY hotels in phuket are OVER BOOKED for the peak period from late december to early january.

people are saying that this is the best season since the season the tsunami hit (well, what it SHOULD have been but wasnt) and with hotels anywhere from 30-100 rooms over booked (yep, check your booking if you are coming down here for christmas), its certainly looking that way.

its a very short peak season down here, and people will be making the most of it for sure.

Well I just tried to change my booked flight from january, forward to december and they were pretty much all full, so I think it's looking like a busy season this year.

John......

Getting flights up from Singapore just before Christmas ie 21 onwards, was very difficult on Thai and Swiss and I am ROP Gold

Luckily I have two unused portions of SG SIN-BKK tickets which I could use but they were pretty full.

Next week for the Deepvali holiday weekend all the flights are pretty much full to Thailand - on SG the earliest I could get on Thursday is at 6 in the evening and to return it has to be Monday not Sunday

John......

I was looking at dates in the first week of December just a week or so ago and Thai and EVA had flights available every day. Just checked and still available. £629 60 day return on Thai Airways flying Saturday 1st December.

Unusual for this time of year for so many flights and that's a cheap price especially considering the oil price rise

That is very early in the month though to be honest - whats it like later?

The "Shoulder" used to be around the 10th when the big leap in prices was made.

A few years ago 1001/2002 to get a really good price though you had to book 6 months ahead - glad I do not have to do that for a few years at least and can pop up for a beer weekend

I think Most of the bar's in Pattaya will still be empty as theres far too many bar's and eating establishment's, even with an increase in population it would be impossible to fill this many places.

The only thing we can be sure of is gridlocked roads.

Edited by pop3