Dotmac's Here ?

nullx8

are there someone out there using permanently a .mac membership ??

i would like to keep my mac.com emailadress .. but not really willing to pay 5k baht for just an emailadress (using google apps since years already)

i would pay all the cost (its not much anyway)

hopefully ;-)

cheers Mario

What are you talking about? How is another .Mac user going to save your email?

I sworn to myself that this is the last year I am paying silly money for .Mac - it's nice and all but no way it's worth $100/year. Considering that all of the stuff on .Mac is available from others for free, it's worth $20 max. I would never have signed up in the first place if it hadn't been free in the beginning.

I also don't want to lose the email addr which is the main reason I am still a .Mac member, but will quit membership next year. I have set the .Mac out-of-office autoreply to tell people about my gmail email address.

The good thing is that I won't lose my email address because it's also the .Mac free membership name. So if and when Apple gets its head out of its @ss and provides a email-only service for free or very cheap, I am going to revive the address.

.Mac is similar to cable TV - you want to watch one premiership game on saturday but end up paying for all the other hogwash that's on as well. All the .Mac users I know use it 99% for email. And gmail is better in every respect.

What are you talking about? How is another .Mac user going to save your email?

I sworn to myself that this is the last year I am paying silly money for .Mac - it's nice and all but no way it's worth $100/year. Considering that all of the stuff on .Mac is available from others for free, it's worth $20 max. I would never have signed up in the first place if it hadn't been free in the beginning.

I also don't want to lose the email addr which is the main reason I am still a .Mac member, but will quit membership next year. I have set the .Mac out-of-office autoreply to tell people about my gmail email address.

The good thing is that I won't lose my email address because it's also the .Mac free membership name. So if and when Apple gets its head out of its @ss and provides a email-only service for free or very cheap, I am going to revive the address.

.Mac is similar to cable TV - you want to watch one premiership game on saturday but end up paying for all the other hogwash that's on as well. All the .Mac users I know use it 99% for email. And gmail is better in every respect.

All true what you typing .. with exactly the same reasons i changed before years already to google ... using my own domain there.

prime membership on google apps is 50 bucks per Year /Account. where iam getting then 25GB Spaace ..

free accounts remain with somethings between 2 - 4 GB space ..

well i have quite heavy email traffic and keep almost everything .. 7years of email is just about 900 MB.

after all google offers the same services ... same speed and same service also same product-row (exept sync)

same you .. i dont want to loose the emailadresss with various reasons.

but pay 100 bucks is totally not worth it.

there is a option for existing members to sinply "create subaccounts"

where this then are email-only accounts. ...

with this feature its possible to share the cost of the membership

extra email only account cost 10 bucks a year

so with enough peoples .. you can hold your full membership for free ;-)

http://help.apple.com/mac/17/help/mail/pgs2/macFmSet.htm