New Years Eve - Phuket?

flightcrew1

...been there done that got the T shirt !!!! Holiday Inn will most PROBABLY charge you for their gala dinner on 31st (as most hotels do on Phuket) Expect the island to be over booked ... all night partying with the local authorities picking up the people along the streets who cannot stand up anymore !!!!! If you want a nice meal somewhere, book NOW !!! Great restaurants book up very early as us expats living here have booked already...sorry !!!

...been there done that got the T shirt !!!! Holiday Inn will most PROBABLY charge you for their gala dinner on 31st (as most hotels do on Phuket) Expect the island to be over booked ... all night partying with the local authorities picking up the people along the streets who cannot stand up anymore !!!!! If you want a nice meal somewhere, book NOW !!! Great restaurants book up very early as us expats living here have booked already...sorry !!!

No - we don't have to do the gala dinner - I made sure of that when I booked the hotel during our last stay. We live in Bangkok so were not THAT naive and green having lived here 7 plus years. You say book NOW! as the good restaurants fill up....but then you say they are booked already. Beg to differ. Have called several of my favorites such as Sea Hag and Baan Rim Pa and Mom Tri's and Mangosteen can be seated there no problem. Was asking for an "inside" suggestion as I would give to someone visiting Bangkok.

What do you consider the great restaurants? Where are you dining?

Where are you dining?

At least you picked one of the better run hotels where the yobs will be kept in check by all the families with kiddies. Holiday Inn is gonna be chockfull of happy tykes. You can get to bed early :D . I intentionally booked a flight on new year's eve. I think with all the time zones I'll be crossing it's called a perpetual new year's eve flight. I bet the happy disposition of the FAs will match mine :o

Where are you dining?

At least you picked one of the better run hotels where the yobs will be kept in check by all the families with kiddies. Holiday Inn is gonna be chockfull of happy tykes. You can get to bed early :D . I intentionally booked a flight on new year's eve. I think with all the time zones I'll be crossing it's called a perpetual new year's eve flight. I bet the happy disposition of the FAs will match mine :o

Well don't be so sure. I'm an FA (as you might have guessed by my name) as is the bf...and working New Years eve is a very senior trip for air crew especially on a holiday such as Christmas and New Years since we have to be paid triple time! So these are senior crew working and not junior crew as most people might expect. But then again we senior crew always have happy dispositions! ha ha! :D

Since no ideas forthcoming I think we will do dinner at Mom Tri's, back to the hotel for a drink, watch a dvd and avoid the mess as suggested in Patong. Basically this was my plan all along but was hoping as I said before for some insider info. Enjoy your New Year's in the sky!