Ebay. I Bought An Item. But!

Jockstar

I recently bought an item through ebay and paid via Paypal. I never received the item. I however contacted the seller via email. He said he would sort it out get back to me. So over the last few weeks he has asked to confirm my address. No problem. He also said i should have the item by the Thursday. However i never received it. His next request is to give him my bank details so that he can refund the cash. This is where i became suspicious. Sounds like he is trying to get too much info. He has my name and address as i was the winning bidder. But i don't really want to give out my bank details. What can i do within ebay or Paypal to retrieve my money? If its going to be too much hassle i may just put it down to experience as its not a lot of money. I have also contacted Ebay describing the problem. Now. This guy may be genuine and wants to refund my money. But then he may be trying to scam me? What do other think? Am i right to be wary? Some one said to just give them my details and i'll get my money back. But i'm not so sure. Thoughts?

There is a pretty long grace period where the seller can return/reverse your money to your Paypal account without paying fees. Your bank account is not needed. First, threaten him with negative feedback if he doesn't take action. If that fails, you may post a complaint with Ebay.

Check the Ebay and Paypal sites for instructions.

I recently bought an item through ebay and paid via Paypal. I never received the item. I however contacted the seller via email. He said he would sort it out get back to me. So over the last few weeks he has asked to confirm my address. No problem. He also said i should have the item by the Thursday. However i never received it. His next request is to give him my bank details so that he can refund the cash. This is where i became suspicious. Sounds like he is trying to get too much info. He has my name and address as i was the winning bidder. But i don't really want to give out my bank details. What can i do within ebay or Paypal to retrieve my money? If its going to be too much hassle i may just put it down to experience as its not a lot of money. I have also contacted Ebay describing the problem. Now. This guy may be genuine and wants to refund my money. But then he may be trying to scam me? What do other think? Am i right to be wary? Some one said to just give them my details and i'll get my money back. But i'm not so sure. Thoughts?

If you paid via paypal, then the seller has an account, so ask him to refund the money back into your Paypal account

This happened to me some years back, the seller did eventually refund the money into my Paypal account, I spent the money, 3 days later Paypal informed me that the money refunded was via a credit card used Fraudulently, and wanted me to repay them Paypal !! No way it was my money, took 18months before Paypal accepted this and stopped hounding me for the return of the £550..

Never used Paypal again

Seller has agred to pay me back through PayPal

Cool. Job done then :-)

NOT YET! The Job is done AFTER the receive of the refund!

By the way those pratice is very common on eBay and has very little to do with PayPal! For my opinion PayPal is much much more secure and reliable as eBay!