Seen Any Good Movies Lately?

Smithson

Have you seen any good movies lately? Seems the movies they make these days aren't so great, I have trouble deciding what to buy/rent. Any suggestions? Old or new.

Flags Of Our Fathers

Letters From Iwo Jima

watched the kingdom when i was in pattaya excellent

It's still showing at Major Cineplex. If you suffer from motion sickness, take some medication before you go and sit at the back. My GF was quite ill after watching it.

As previously mentioned, I also recommend "Mr Brooks" with Kevin Costner and Demi Moore as well as "1408" with John Cusack and Samuel L Jackson. Also Anthony Hopkins in "Fracture". He has a line in a courtroom scene that had me in stitches.

Superbad

Mr. Brooks

Most of what they release to theaters here in Thailand are not good movies.

american gangster denzil washington ,watch it on line for free ,at 2 and a half hours a bit long ,though enjoyable :o

And Russel Crowe wasn't too shabby as the cop trying to get the "cuffs" on bad boy Denzil! :D

The Man From London by the Hungarian, Bela Tar has one more showing at the Esplinade (bkk world film festival). If you've never seen Tar's stuff and really like movies- you owe yourself. Or you could pick up the seven hour Satantango close to the Saladeng BTS station- but actually- The Man From London does the same thing as Satantango- just shorter and better.

Out on DVD--

"The Lookout" very good especially if u like heist movies.

"Knocked Up" ---especially if u like Judd Apatow's type of humor (He wrote 40 year-old virgin and Superbad)

"The Bridge" a documnetary about people who kill themselves jumping from the Golden Gate bridge--possibly too intense for some but I found it fascinating

Have you seen any good movies lately? Seems the movies they make these days aren't so great, I have trouble deciding what to buy/rent. Any suggestions? Old or new.

Enjoyed the "Pursuit of Happiness" with Will Smith. Great father-son movie. Also really liked the

"Bourne Ultimatum". Since its American football season, you can check out "Invincible" with Mark Wahlberg about a guy who makes the Eagles lineup as a walkon.

You're right about the movies recently...just have to wait until the holiday season comes around when the better movies come around. Friend of mine goes to Fortune City IT 3rd floor to buy old movies. Says he finds a lot of movies you can't find elsewhere.

Edited by mauiguy90

Little miss sunshine - Great british humor :o

Eh? That should be American methinks!

For great British humor or not so humorous check out "This Is England", "London To Brighton", "Confetti" or "Hot Fuzz" all out on DVD and torrent now and unlikely to be found in any Cineplexes of Thailand.

Edited by Digitalbanana