3 Tv In Laos Possible?

hi everyone,

just wanted to know if it is possible to get another TV in Laos?I have a back-to-back TV in Savannaket a2 border run in Banlaem and 1 more that end in December.I am planning to get a new TV in Laos but somes says they only give a maximum 2 in a 12 month period.If my first TV in Laos is April, does this means that I can only get another TV by April under the 12 month rule?

Thanks

BM

obviously no problems at all with TVs in vientiane, not sure about savannakhet. been to vientiane last week and got a DOUBLE ENTRY tourist visa (just ask for it)! i was told if i do not extend my TV at the local immigration there is no problem with getting as many consecutive TVs as you like. got a friend who lives in nongkhai and crosses the border EVERY 60 days to get a new TV, never had a problem either. good luck!

Thaiman,

Understand what you are saying as there seems to be so many different experiences regarding applications for t.v.'s in Vientiane or elsewhere. I have to say that Vientiane for us (U.K. bloke with Japanese wife, who spends half the year in Japan, so maybe looks "better" for me when going there). I know I would'nt be as confident of getting my visa every time,which I do, if she was'nt with me on most occasions. as many have said, the smile,wai,speaking in Thai, being well-presented and calm seems to work there. That's all I can say. Give it another shot mate -you may well be suprisingly rewarded. For sure, the number of applicants from The Phillipines have grown enormously this year as many "teachers" from Native English speaking countries have given up with the whole situation, often being asked to meet unreasonable working conditions(yes, as have Phillipinos) to be met in order to get a work visa. Babbling a bit here, but as is usual in any Asian country, appearances count for much, money too of course, but not as much as many would lead you to believe in my opinion.

By the way, before apply TV, I sahould make copy of passport stamp.

where is copy shop near the embassy?

There are lots of places in Vientiane to make copies. I didn't have a copy, and the tuk-tuk drivers hanging around outside the consulate were happy to run my passport to a copy shop for 50 B. I went with my passport, of course.

Standing in front of the consulate, facing the street, turn right and walk less than half a kilometer, maybe 5 minutes. Look for a minimart on your right with a little fish pond and copy machines behind the counter. Easy to miss, but if you're looking for it you'll find it.