Copy Of Return Ticket

I think I have arrived in Bangkok nearly 100 times.

Last time I arrived at BKK airport (sep 2007) I was asked for a copy of my return ticket. This is the first time this happened to me. I always carry a copy of the code in my wallet or in my passport. That was not enough. Luckily I remembered I had a copy in my backpack. Normally I do not need even a code since my TG frequent flyer card is enough.

Now that fysical tickets do not exist any longer and are being replaced by e-tickets, Thai immigration has decided one must produce a copy of the return ticket. Since they are not capable of checking the validity of the code and everybody can make a lookalike in Word, I really wonder what is the idea behind this.

Practically: do not forget to make a print of your ticket and keep it ready when you enter Thailand.

Have a nice day.

Immigration does not ask for a return ticket - if you arrive without a visa they 'may' ask to see an onward ticket and this is a requirement for visa exempt entry, and they were quite strict about this a few months ago. This is much less checked now from recent reports.

I had a copy in my backpack.

Likely the backpack was the giveaway :o Smart casual...the only way to go when it comes to immigration counters around Asia :D

What hand luggage should a guy carry? I always carry a small backpack (as carry on luggage) when I travel and look smart with it too.

Edited by tropo

I had a copy in my backpack.

Likely the backpack was the giveaway :o Smart casual...the only way to go when it comes to immigration counters around Asia :D

What hand luggage should a guy carry? I always carry a small backpack (as carry on luggage) when I travel and look smart with it too.

Computer notebook case completes the "prosperous businessman" look :D Or any decent piece of small luggage is fine...just not a knapsack backpack type bag.

All the 'smart casual' crowd will be in for a rude awakening when they start to be questioned about working in Thailand. Its so funny how people think that as a farang you at any stretch are impressing a Thai in anyway. Ohhhh look hes got a nice rugby shirt (and smells of beer).

I see all these "prosperous businessman" types on the BTS going to B350 an hour teaching jobs. :o

I think 'grubby backpacker' might be the better pose.

Computer notebook case completes the "prosperous businessman" look :o Or any decent piece of small luggage is fine...just not a knapsack backpack type bag.

Difficult these days with airport security regulations limiting ALL passenger to one piece of carry on baggage.

I have had to resort to a back pack to take my computer, camera and other valuable items :D