Beer Bar/pool Bar Areas In Bkk?

Daewoo

I like the small pool/beer bars.

The ones with just 5 stools at the bar, a couple of girls working, and usually a pool table.

In Phuket there are a couple of areas where there are a heap of them all together in a little 'block', and you can just go from one to the next, to the next, until you fall over from drinking too much.

The only one I know if in BKK is Queens Park Plaza on Soi 22. I used to love Soi Zero, but that is gone, and Soi 1 isn't a good replacement.

Are there any others in BKK that I don't know of??? Especially ones where the bars start to open from midday???

Cheers,

Daewoo

there use to be a great soi in Krabi just off the main beach road.....not sure if it's still there after the Tsunami though

In Bangkok between Soi 3 & Soi 5 there is a walk way linking the two Soi's that has bar after bar down it :o

In Bangkok between Soi 3 & Soi 5 there is a walk way linking the two Soi's that has bar after bar down it :D

That sounds like my kinda place... much easier to get to at midday than Krabi :o

Queens Park Plaza is good, on Soi 22 near the Queens Park Hotel... but variety is the spice of life...

Cheers,

Daewoo

That plaza was nice to goto at one time , but the last few years have seen it go down hill in my opinion.

Definately gone down hill...

Is there not really much of a market for these types of places... surely there are a lot of other guys like me, who don't go for gogo bars, but don't like the huge bars either...

I know that there are a few more pool bars on Soi 7 (7/2???), but they are a bit too upmarket for my taste...

Cheers,

Daewoo

That plaza was nice to goto at one time , but the last few years have seen it go down hill in my opinion.

Is there not really much of a market for these types of places... surely there are a lot of other guys like me, who don't go for gogo bars, but don't like the huge bars either...

I know that there are a few more pool bars on Soi 7 (7/2???), but they are a bit too upmarket for my taste...

Cheers,

Daewoo

Cheers,

Daewoo

There are bars with pool tables in both Sukhumvit Sois 7 and 7/1 and some are decidedly not up-market.

There are a couple of bars just under Sin bar and Ball in Hand that are cosy and equipped with only two or less pool tables each. A personal favourite of mine, but only because adore I the girls there and also think that the owner Keith is one cool cat :o (despite his penchant for Johnny Cash and the like =P), is Metro, which has 3 pool tables, the most awesome bartender in Sukhumvit and the friendliest non-gogo girls around. They also probably have like 5000 songs on their laptop since they are able to play whatever whimsy piques my fancy at the time and however obscure too. ^^

All places mentioned are along Soi 4, down past Nana Plaza and opposite Hilary Bar.

[edited to add location details]

Edited by fennielyn

<--- Make up your mind... Chiang Mai in Patong :o ...

If you are in Patong, then you know the types of beer bar squares that I mean...

Soi Zero RIP

I'll have you know I am not confused. I am from Chiang Mai, report from Patong and live in Buriram and the commute is killing me. :D

In Bangkok between Soi 3 & Soi 5 there is a walk way linking the two Soi's that has bar after bar down it :D

All coming with complimentary hookahs! :o

I've had some fun times in those Soi's in years past but I no longer feel comfortable spending any time there.

Silom Rd has so many bars. NOT Patpong ripoff joints.

If ya wanna watch sports, be it soccer or rugby..... woteva, have a feed, or just goss.

"The Duke of Wellington" is about the best around.

Dun charge the earth either.

My reg BKK drink hole.