90 day report and new passport

Hi....  I just tried to do my 90 day report and it was rejected. I had stamp transfered to new passport and i assumed the databased was updated. The reason for rejection is, first time 90 day report has to be done in person. my question is should i have used the old passport number ?  It is a USA passport and the number changes when renewed.      Thank you in advance.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, thaitom said:

I had stamp transfered to new passport and i assumed the databased was updated. The reason for rejection is, first time 90 day report has to be done in person. my question is should i have used the old passport number ?

You could use the old pp number until you moved the stamps to new pp. Then it needs in person visit to imm to do 90 day for first 90 report on new pp. Best to try and fit it into one imm visit if possible so transfer stamps about time 90 day is due.

The same thing happened to me after I transferred stamps to a new passport.

Rejected - the details submitted did not match.

Appears they don't update the system with a new passport number until you do the 90 day in person.

When I asked why they don't update the system with the new passport number when transferring stamps, I got that blank stare as if asking a stupid question.

I thought it was just my IO being lazy, but obviously not just my IO.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, thaitom said:

Hi....  I just tried to do my 90 day report and it was rejected. I had stamp transfered to new passport and i assumed the databased was updated. The reason for rejection is, first time 90 day report has to be done in person. my question is should i have used the old passport number ?  It is a USA passport and the number changes when renewed.      Thank you in advance.

Nope. Same situation last month at Jomtien...rejected. Signed in new passport number (had already had the stamps transferred) and the system didn't recognize me. Then signed in with the old passport number and changed it to the new passport number and then entered it. It was received and I got the email of receipt, but a few hours later it was rejected and was told I need to report to my IO.

Edited by Skeptic7

16 hours ago, Digitalbanana said:

You could use the old pp number until you moved the stamps to new pp. Then it needs in person visit to imm to do 90 day for first 90 report on new pp. Best to try and fit it into one imm visit if possible so transfer stamps about time 90 day is due.

I did just that. I waited until the 90 day was due within the two week before period. The stamps were transferred, then the 90 day report.  This was about 2 weeks ago, so hopefully my next 90 day report can be done online with no problems.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, soisanuk said:

I did just that. I waited until the 90 day was due within the two week before period. The stamps were transferred, then the 90 day report.  This was about 2 weeks ago, so hopefully my next 90 day report can be done online with no problems.

Good to know. If you can time it right one could also schedule all three (#1. Transfer stamps, #2. 90 day in person # 3. Annual ext) into one trip after getting a new pp!

9 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Nope. Same situation last month at Jomtien...rejected. Signed in new passport number (had already had the stamps transferred) and the system didn't recognize me. Then signed in with the old passport number and changed it to the new passport number and then entered it. It was received and I got the email of receipt, but a few hours later it was rejected and was told I need to report to my IO.

They obviously are not consistent. Last October I returned with a new passport and had the stamps transferred. I was able to do the 90 day report when it was due online as usual.