Tourist Visa Application In Laos

Previous reports have said the two entry is seldom issued on Monday so another piece may fit the puzzle.

I asked for a double entry tr visa last monday, and was rejected by the people taking the money.

Didn't say anything about why or any mention of any bankbook.

Hi, any of you fellas know how long it takes for the application to be processed? Just checked with the Embassy website and it says 2 days for tourist visa, this sounds a bit drawn out surely! anyone with recent experience able to comment please, thanks in advance for any feedback!

Best

DSG

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh also.

there was an american lad who asked the fella at the first point where you submit your application if he could have a double, and the man said "maybe not"

i told him to go back and get his application form and put X2 next to the bit where you tick tourist.

he got his double entry no problem.

i got me double entry on tuesday.

i was sat waiting to pay, and noticed that everyone was getting a double entry. at least i assume that as everyone was paying 2000 baht, instead of 1000.

happy days

Could this have to do with different people working different days? How did the people you paid look?

When I was there last monday, two fat ladies were handling the money. They looked similar enough

to possibly be mistaken for sisters.

i got me double entry on tuesday.

i was sat waiting to pay, and noticed that everyone was getting a double entry. at least i assume that as everyone was paying 2000 baht, instead of 1000.

happy days

Hi,

You got double entry but was your passport already full of Thai visas ?!

Is Ventiane consulate now as good to get double entries tourist visa as Penang consulate was in the past ?

Thanks.

Thais can enter Laos without a visa, they don't even need a passport as they can get a border pass. I took my girlfriend with me when I went earlier this week.

i thought only thais living in certain provinces near certain borders,

e.g. Nongkhai, Udon Thani (laos can work only as far as Udon Thani), Nakhon Phanom etc ...

Hi,

You got double entry but was your passport already full of Thai visas ?!

Is Ventiane consulate now as good to get double entries tourist visa as Penang consulate was in the past ?

Thanks.

yes my passport contains 2 previous tourist visas. and some overstay and extensions

never been to penang but vientienne was a very easy process

I dont know if this will help. I tryed several times to get a bank account at Bangkok Bank , with no resluts, I wanted this bank as there is one in New York city ,USA, It was eaiser to tranfere money to a US bank for me.

After 4 attemts I went to my Local Banker in the US and had him sent a message to Bangkok Bank as I was a long time customer with the bank and traveled all over Asia , on bussiness as well as pleasure. I went to the bank he sent it to , they gave me a Back account there as well as a bank card good for 10 years. Now I transfer from the New York bank then it in my account in LOS in 2 days.

This worked for me , may work for someone else Iguess it depend on who you talk to at the bank that day.

Edited by tracer5050

I dont know if this will help. I tryed several times to get a bank account at Bangkok Bank , with no resluts, I wanted this bank as there is one in New York city ,USA, It was eaiser to tranfere money to a US bank for me.

After 4 attemts I went to my Local Banker in the US and had him sent a message to Bangkok Bank as I was a long time customer with the bank and traveled all over Asia , on bussiness as well as pleasure. I went to the bank he sent it to , they gave me a Back account there as well as a bank card good for 10 years. Now I transfer from the New York bank then it in my account in LOS in 2 days.

This worked for me , may work for someone else Iguess it depend on who you talk to at the bank that day.

Somebody else just need to go to another branch when the first one refuse to open a bank account with a tourist visa.

I know people having opened accounts with a tourist visa at many places in Bangkok and Phuket, with almost ALL the different banks existing, and I opened one myself with Bangkok Bank, SCB, and others, very easy.

Live update from Vientiane

All the people who applied for a double entry tourist visa this morning were given what they wanted. As far as I know no Farang, no matter the nationality, was rejected.

I'm now heading for the river bank where I will enjoy a cold BeerLao and a Laap Kwai.

Sabai Dee.

All the people who applied for a double entry tourist visa this morning were given what they wanted. As far as I know no Farang, no matter the nationality, was rejected.

I'm now heading for the river bank where I will enjoy a cold BeerLao and a Laap Kwai.

Sabai Dee.

Filipinos too?

Sorry if I'm going off topic a bit but I'm in a bad way. Saturday I went to soi Post Office to a agency and was told, after they scoured my passport, I could do a border run for a new 30 day Visa . Well this morning 6am and the last day I'm allowed in Thailand the driver/agent checked my passport again and told me I would be denied and risk not being able to return into Thailand. Here's my situation; US citizen, 90 days+ on my second 180 day block. Have always just arrived in Thailand filled the Immigration form given on the airplane and received a 30 day visa. After reading the previous posts it sounds like I can fly to Ventianne today and after a few days receive a 60 day 2 entry Visa. IS this true and how does this Visa differ from the 30 day I have always received ??? Thanks

It will be a real visa - which it seems you have never had. The entry for 30 days is a visa exempt entry and the new rule (last year) is that you can not stay more than 90 days in a six month period. A real visa is not subject to that restriction.

You should be able to obtain a tourist visa in Vientiane - submit morning and pickup next workday afternoon. You might even be able to obtain a two entry tourist visa (2,000 baht). That would provide entry of 60 days each time and can be extended for 30 days in most cases.

It will be a real visa - which it seems you have never had. The entry for 30 days is a visa exempt entry and the new rule (last year) is that you can not stay more than 90 days in a six month period. A real visa is not subject to that restriction.

You should be able to obtain a tourist visa in Vientiane - submit morning and pickup next workday afternoon. You might even be able to obtain a two entry tourist visa (2,000 baht). That would provide entry of 60 days each time and can be extended for 30 days in most cases.

So if I read correctly will need to fill out the form with copy of Passport, 2 Photos and maybe a bank book which I have and pay 2000 baht ? Can I download a application form ? Lastly, if I can't get out today, but tommorow and therefore will have 1 day overstay will this affect my chances ?

So - as I posted a month ago (na,na,na na neh!). Double t.v.'s are being issued in Vientiane. Yes, it could chamge tomorrow, yes, I'll probably be charged by some on this forum for being too frank with the bl#@@ng obvious because.....they are too paranoid actually! Said before, say again, if you have the money, are not breaking Thai laws (by working illegally i.e.),under 50,don't want to leave just to fly home and apply for a <deleted> visa....why not follow the rules and do as .............THE$ :o PERPETUAL TOURIST DOES!!!! Stay and enjoy! But behave of course.

So - as I posted a month ago (na,na,na na neh!). Double t.v.'s are being issued in Vientiane. Yes, it could chamge tomorrow, yes, I'll probably be charged by some on this forum for being too frank with the bl#@@ng obvious because.....they are too paranoid actually! Said before, say again, if you have the money, are not breaking Thai laws (by working illegally i.e.),under 50,don't want to leave just to fly home and apply for a <deleted> visa....why not follow the rules and do as .............THE$ :o PERPETUAL TOURIST DOES!!!! Stay and enjoy! But behave of course.

how many you had lad? :D

Sabai Dee.

One more thing: it has been said (somewhere in this thread I think) that, in order to gain time at the Friendship Bridge, it was possible to download the visa application form from the Lao embassy website. That's BS. They don't accept it. There's no other solution than filling the form they give at the border (they are slighty different).