Tourist Police

Tufty

I have been hassled by the Volunteer tourist police before. That being said, I understand the need for them. I have seen them help many a tourist that has gotten them self into a jam. Mostly explaining the Thai way and helping to smooth things over. I do however think that some type of dress pants and a white or yellow polo shirt with Volunteer in large letters would be more appropriate then the current swat type uniform. At times I do see them wearing a more toned down version that seems more acceptable. The current uniform just creates animosity from the expat community. Maintaining a professional appearance would improve things immensely for them and the tourists / expats.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been hassled by the Volunteer tourist police before. That being said, I understand the need for them. I have seen them help many a tourist that has gotten them self into a jam. Mostly explaining the Thai way and helping to smooth things over. I do however think that some type of dress pants and a white or yellow polo shirt with Volunteer in large letters would be more appropriate then the current swat type uniform. At times I do see them wearing a more toned down version that seems more acceptable. The current uniform just creates animosity from the expat community. Maintaining a professional appearance would improve things immensely for them and the tourists / expats.

It's dicks like you who give forums a bad time.

You resurrect a "6" year old thread to obviously rid yourself of some feelings of inadequacy.

I have actually just now returned from a night out on Walking street and thought as I passed the Police van how smart the Foreign and Thai Volunteers looked.

The Foreign Assistants wore proper dress pants with black dress shoes and black business shirts with their logos. Very smart and professional looking. Far cry from swat uniforms.

The Thai Volunteers had black trousers with white polos--also looking nice and professional.

I would say you are not even in Thailand and are just making up stories, as you have definitely not ventured to WS lately with those remarks and comments.

I am sure the authorities are well aware of the presence of this forum on the internet & believe that constantly harrassing/threatening/abusing any member/section of any dept of the authorities, will surely result in the enforced blocking/closure of this website/forum.

only in your dreams.

forums are such a great source of information, they save the BiB a lot of legwork.

It's dicks like you who give forums a bad time.

You resurrect a "6" year old thread to obviously rid yourself of some feelings of inadequacy.

I have actually just now returned from a night out on Walking street and thought as I passed the Police van how smart the Foreign and Thai Volunteers looked.

The Foreign Assistants wore proper dress pants with black dress shoes and black business shirts with their logos. Very smart and professional looking. Far cry from swat uniforms.

The Thai Volunteers had black trousers with white polos--also looking nice and professional.

I would say you are not even in Thailand and are just making up stories, as you have definitely not ventured to WS lately with those remarks and comments.

That was funny? :lol: Exactly the reason for doing it. I am actually in Thailand right now. We can meet up if you want. I was merely stating that I think they do a good job but need to change a few things.