A Thai Music Thread

seonai

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

he's not Thai, doesn't sing in Thai, but he is a muslim (theres the Thai related requirement)

anyhow, this guy is so good that he deserves a thread all of his own (imho)

take a break, enjoy Tuesday & merry xmas y'all.....

Edited by Goshawk

seonai

To answer your original question regards the song "Ta Laud We La" sang by Tai Orrathai.

Many years ago while courting my wife, thai music got into my heart through the beautiful singer Nanttida with songs like Sai Gup Talay and Pahn Nee. Most other thai singers I struggle with, that was until this young lady arrived on the scene. She is pure class and holds the added value of being first and foremost a singer. I would go further and say she is one of those rare song birds that come along once in a while (ree Karen Carpenter). On top of that she is refreshingly modest and strikingly beautiful.

I don't need to know what the words to her songs are - it is the voice that you listen to and the savage or restless beast deep inside finds peace.

Thai people should be extremely proud that they have such talented beautiful young women and give them the opportunity whenever possible on the international stage to show there is a lot more to Thai women than generally thought.

Thank you for posting the youtube link. I have her CD with Ta Laud We La on it but never though to look on youtube for her music. I now have the link in my favourites.

Oh yes, excellent stuff seonai.

I've just realised that, since joining TV, I've subconsciously been pining for some of the music I heard in Thailand back in the early '90's.

Poo's song is marvellous, and what a beauty she is. I too never thought to go to youtube.

I'll have to update my laptop, RAM perhaps, as Poo's song keeps pausing, and doubtless the other songs will too.

(I can't believe that I nearly bypassed this thread!). Thanks.

• 1 month later...
There are a few music thread going around in Thai Visa so I'd like to start a Thai one with a young woman singing one of my favourite Thai songs by Poo Pongsit (Pongsit Kumpee). Please tell me what you think and post your own favs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bvl2OtSR6w

My favourite is " mia pee mee shoooooooooo ! ask any thai, a classic, :o

post-41326-1203225615_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My favorite Tai Orrathai song.. Ok Nau

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt_Z7fCmbuc...feature=related

seonai

To answer your original question regards the song "Ta Laud We La" sang by Tai Orrathai.

Many years ago while courting my wife, thai music got into my heart through the beautiful singer Nanttida with songs like Sai Gup Talay and Pahn Nee. Most other thai singers I struggle with, that was until this young lady arrived on the scene. She is pure class and holds the added value of being first and foremost a singer. I would go further and say she is one of those rare song birds that come along once in a while (ree Karen Carpenter). On top of that she is refreshingly modest and strikingly beautiful.

I don't need to know what the words to her songs are - it is the voice that you listen to and the savage or restless beast deep inside finds peace.

Thai people should be extremely proud that they have such talented beautiful young women and give them the opportunity whenever possible on the international stage to show there is a lot more to Thai women than generally thought.

Thank you for posting the youtube link. I have her CD with Ta Laud We La on it but never though to look on youtube for her music. I now have the link in my favourites.

• 6 months later...