Norwegian Severely Assaulted By Briton

sriracha john

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't these types of fights happen all-over the world?? why has this small fight made the newspaper or even onto TV?? Seems tame compared to a night in Glasgow :o:D

Quite right ! I was in Glasgow last weekend and saw more than one fight in the evening. One guy bottled and covered in blood, and a gang fight in the city centre. It's quite common to walk along the high streets of Glasgow on a Sunday morning and see blood stains all over the street. It is definitely a city that deserves it's hard reputation.

Why this made the news I have no idea

I used to live in Glasgow - the east end and Sauchiehall Street

I saw a fight in my first 15 minutes in a bar after moving there but not much after that for 5 years and I was in bar's a lot.

However - the blood stains on the street in the mornings and can also vouch for seeing a lot of.

have you ever been inside one of these bars? its the dregs of both western and thai society. you have a bunch of poor farm girls selling their pvssy trying to land a rich boyfriend thrice their age and weight and a bunch of middle aged men sitting there ogling them.

it seems unlikely that a former doctor or scientist decided "why dont i go down to pattaya and make some extra pocket change pimping out farm girls"... not necessarily impossible, but highly unlikely.

the people i associate with don't find these places very interesting but i guess you guys do. lolz

have you ever been inside one of these bars? its the dregs of both western and thai society. you have a bunch of poor farm girls selling their pvssy trying to land a rich boyfriend thrice their age and weight and a bunch of middle aged men sitting there ogling them.

it seems unlikely that a former doctor or scientist decided "why dont i go down to pattaya and make some extra pocket change pimping out farm girls"... not necessarily impossible, but highly unlikely.

the people i associate with don't find these places very interesting but i guess you guys do. lolz

So you have been in them for pure research then - obviously your pals unbder the bridge can not afford them :o

As for Dr and Scientist - well I do know a guy with a PHd in a Science subject who owns two of the biggest bar's in Pattaya and Bangkok so there goes your argument

Thrice = I only thought i saw that word in Singapore newspapers these days - how old are you - surely thats not you in the avatar or is it just someone you lust after?

Thank you for the link. So it says he's British, but v8tfcorty says otherwise. Perhaps he'll clarify.

At least the bar in question's own link can't be accused of false advertising:

champagne.jpg

I rest my case.

I'd put it at 2:1 that one of these guys has a tattoo of an animal on their upper body.

Any news on if the Go-Go owner who smacked the Norwegian guy was actually Brittish ??? :o

And if it turns out he wasn't can someone please change the title of this thread , we have a bad enough name as it is :D

A cut off a sliced loaf's never missed. :D

You've spent too long out of the UK. I've never been anywhere and seen the amount of alcohol fuelled violence that you witness here. I seldom go out on a weekend, or bank holidays, because of it.

Yes, I've seen violence in Thailand, but, not on the sheer volume that it occurs in the UK, a so called fully developed nation.

Back on topic, I suspect this drunken Norwegian got what he deserved.

I'm from Edinburgh and have spent a great deal of time in Glasgow. Edinburgh is just as bad.

Funnily enough, the worst fights I have seen have all been in Thailand. You'll not see as many granted, but what you will see will be more vicious and more savage than you'll probably witness in the UK.

When the Thais kick off it gets ugly extremely quickly.

How many fights have you seen in thailand? What places do you frequent?

You seem to be everywhere and experiencing bad things as well. :o So strange!

Don't these types of fights happen all-over the world?? why has this small fight made the newspaper or even onto TV?? Seems tame compared to a night in Glasgow :o:D

Exactly. When I used to live in the UK, I saw druken fighting in just about every town and city across the country, every Friday and Saturday night.

I suspect the reason it hit the headlines is because there is an underlyng Thai philosophy that "farangs" are just one race, one country, one language, one people, really just manifestations of the same person. The fact that they are fighting each other suggests something wrong with the cosmic order of the universe.

Exactly. When I used to live in the UK, I saw druken fighting in just about every town and city across the country, every Friday and Saturday night.

I suspect the reason it hit the headlines is because there is an underlyng Thai philosophy that "farangs" are just one race, one country, one language, one people, really just manifestations of the same person. The fact that they are fighting each other suggests something wrong with the cosmic order of the universe.

There is a lot more violence in the uk than thailand, and anyone that thinks otherwise can take up my offer to walk through any decent sized town or city centre on a weekend night after 10pm and not see fighting, spewing, peeing in doorways etc, and the men are worse ! ,.ive been in thailand on and off fo 8 years and i sometimes go out alone go home alone and have never had a problem ,come to think of it the only fights i have seen have been farang ! ,.thais ( in my opinion ) will not strike for no reason ,.there are 3 sides to every story, yours, mine and the truth . we will never know,.

Is the Norwegian the same guy who was walking to Europe ?

Could well be Ken , I mean it at least looks suspicious he did not

had any money to pay for his drinks , understand the bloke though

he still got to walk through Siberia first . :o ( needing some warmth )

See travel forum .

And yet former (or current) doctors and scientists happily visit those bars. If you don't know this then I can only assume that you personally don't spend a lot of time in those bars.

Which is fine.

But then you're not really super qualified to be commenting.

Don't these types of fights happen all-over the world?? why has this small fight made the newspaper or even onto TV?? Seems tame compared to a night in Glasgow :D:D

There is a lot more violence in the uk than thailand, and anyone that thinks otherwise can take up my offer to walk through any decent sized town or city centre on a weekend night after 10pm and not see fighting, spewing, peeing in doorways etc, and the men are worse ! ...

Right, and then they call Americans boorish and vulgar :o

Interested to see a picture of this Norwegian.

I've received reports in the last couple of months, of a boorish Norwegian on the lookout for trouble.

After being 'spoken to' a couple of times, he may have decided to find pastures new.

If it's the same one, he is walking on very thin ice.

Quite right ! I was in Glasgow last weekend and saw more than one fight in the evening. One guy bottled and covered in blood, and a gang fight in the city centre. It's quite common to walk along the high streets of Glasgow on a Sunday morning and see blood stains all over the street. It is definitely a city that deserves it's hard reputation.

Why this made the news I have no idea

The smaller the city, the greater the likelihood you'll see this type of news. :D

Glasgow is the largest city in Scotland. Population: 629,000.

How many fights have you seen in thailand? What places do you frequent?

Probably the same kinds of places these people frequent in the UK by the sounds of it. Around bars is where you'll usually see violence in the UK and where I've seen a lot in Thailand.

I'm not disputing there is probably more visible violence in the UK but most of it is alcohol fuelled petty assault and fighting.

In Thailand it's another level. Gangs use weapons and sometimes even firearms. Revenge shootings are common.

Ask any Por Tek Tung if you don't believe me. Most people live in denial in Thailand but it can be an extremely dangerous place.

As to the incidents I recall one that was a brutal beating of a Thai man by several other Thais on the main Sukhumvit road. They almost killed him. I actually waded in once the violence had abated slightly and put myself at risk to help save his life. While I was putting him in the recovery position I was threatened and spat on by the mob which included several Thai women, telling me I was interfering in matters that did not concern me and I responded telling them I would not allow this man to die while I was present.

Unfortunately the Police arrived and with no concern to the man's injuries threw him in the back of a pickup and drove off. I doubt he survived in Police custody.

He had apparently wronged a young woman but nevertheless I tried to explain to the mob that did not warrant him being beaten to death. The threats and bravado continued and I sensed I could be their next victim so I made a hasty exit.

First of all, good for you trying to save someone's life.

But how many times was my question?

I have been to Thailand about 10 times for holidays. Everytime I was there in BKK and Pataya, I go out to bars discos, be they farang frequented or thai frequented, that sums up to about 50 nights I guess. I hop from bar to bar, discos to discos, until all are closed, then I will wander in the streets of BKK, not once had I seen one single fight. Am I just that lucky? Although by saying that, I am no way saying that it is a safe place. I did sense danger sometimes.

It is because someone got fvcked for 60baht! It should make international headlines in my humble opinion.

How many bloody Euros is that? You probably won't even bother to pick it up if it had fallen into the curb back home.

You know what? If it doesn't get reported, some paranoids are going to say that the police are trying to cover up something.

They can't get it right, can they?

BTW, do you people feel you are being watched and followed when you are in thailand?

I am in a minority, but I have to side with the Norweigan on this one. This is about some sense of safety and protection (yes, even from ourselves at times). While doing business in a bar, one would expect to receive the protection of the staff and owner, even if it is done begrudginingly.

Bar owners are in a particularly good position to understand that drunken patrons and foreigners may not be difficult to deal with, be more volatile and may not understand the 'protocol' for a dispute. The bar owner would be best served by calling the police who can take this guy away.

If the dispute was over 60 baht then I have to ask is there some reason that the this horrible man should be beaten for it. Is there some reason to believe that the bar would close down over the loss of the 60 baht.

I also don't think it is a good idea for bar owners to either allow or encourage customers to assist in beating a customer.

Hope we get the full story, but I think businessmen should be more careful with how they treat customers--even bad ones. They can always be banned from the premises.

If he spent several hours in a bar (Sat night to Sun. morning prior to 0330) and was only protesting a 60 baht charge he probably was drunk or sober as a judge. If it were the latter case he should have known better than to argue over this amount of money, he took up 60 baht worth of space and oxygen in the time frame. If it was former, nothing worse than a drunk argumentive Norwegian in a none Norwegian bar.

So what you are saying is that because this person disputed the bill, for a small amount of money, he deserves to be sprayed with a chemical in the eyes, beaten by several people, and wind up in the hospital. I guess, you just wouldn't be able to come up with a more constructive way of dealing with a situation such as this.

Fully agreed what is with this nationality business

Norwegian beaten up, severely injured by Pattaya bar owner, workers

Have a look at the headline!! Is a bit of pepper spray and two black eyes SEVERELY injured?? beaten up would have been enough!! how would you describe severely injured???

Better still, have a look at the cctv replay & work from there!

there is a lot of drunken people here in pattaya as in all big citys, if the drunk is ok and just short of money nothing you can do so let him walk,

if he raises his fists, give it to him, cos hes got problems!

cctv replay!!!!! whoevers fists went up first, sum num nar!!!!! :o