Norwegian Severely Assaulted By Briton

sriracha john

Pattaya can do without low life thugs like these, that,s for sure.

On the contrary marshbags. Pattaya thrives on low life thugs like this.

Having just returned from a golf weekend there, I can report that the quality of lowlife there is undiminished. Never have I seen so many tattooed necks. Never have I seen such ill-advised speedo-wearing on a beach.

Never have i heard the phrase 'faaaaaark orfffffff you <deleted>' elucidated so often.

I think Pattaya serves a useful purpose in attracting these halfwits and, thankfully, keeping them out of my environment.

Snob :o

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having just returned from a golf weekend there, I can report that the quality of lowlife there is undiminished. Never have I seen so many tattooed necks. Never have I seen such ill-advised speedo-wearing on a beach.

Never have i heard the phrase 'faaaaaark orfffffff you <deleted>' elucidated so often.

I think Pattaya serves a useful purpose in attracting these halfwits and, thankfully, keeping them out of my environment.

"Having just returned from a golf weekend there, I can report that the quality of lowlife there is undiminished."

"Never have I seen so many tattooed necks"

"Never have I seen such ill-advised speedo-wearing on a beach"

"Never have i heard the phrase 'faaaaaark orfffffff you <deleted>' elucidated so often"

yep someone told me all golf players were "halfwits" & " low life thugs "

Why do you play golf?????

some people play to make friends, well if ya get to 60 years old and ya aint got any friends???

:D

"Having just returned from a golf weekend there, I can report that the quality of lowlife there is undiminished."

"Never have I seen so many tattooed necks"

"Never have I seen such ill-advised speedo-wearing on a beach"

"Never have i heard the phrase 'faaaaaark orfffffff you <deleted>' elucidated so often"

yep someone told me all golf players were "halfwits" & " low life thugs "

Why do you play golf?????

some people play to make friends, well if ya get to 60 years old and ya aint got any friends???

:D

I remember when i was young ( almost ) thinking to myself, what a boring old mans sport that golf is, now im older i still think the same, wandering about shouting 4 in plaid trousers, whats it all about ! jeez

Sounds just like the language and accent of a chap called Jason who ran the Dolls House when he gave an interview to the producers of a film called 'The Virgin Trade'. Definetely suvern england. Not the same chap is it.

That brings back memories mate, i used to live in devon about 15 years ago and i had many a night out in union street But the street behind it used to be very good for working girls

:o I was there between 1990 -1994, and it sounds like little has changed.

Had some good nights down there, but to be fair it always has had a reputation for trouble. Oh, how I miss those nights in the Star of Light cider house. :D

You and cider again toadie :D .

Back to the OP , it was a scrap ......... end of. That's all anyone knows first hand .If either of the parties involved have any more problems then take it up with each other :D .

job !.

You guys are forgetting something!! The norwegian lifts up a bottle, Jason hits him on the face, CUSTOMER uses pepperspray. If this is what happened, they should lock up the CUSTOMER!!

By the way: there is an exception to every rule as they say, but the rule is, in my not so humble opinion, that most farang bar-owners/managers in thailand and other SE Asian countries are low-lifes and in the region for all the wrong reasons. And there are a few more categories of employment to which this rule would apply.

The customer may of done the right thing, he sprayed the viking man with the pepper spray because he'd already hit Jason once and had an unfair advantage. Pepper spray, a non-lethal weapon does not cause injury, is merely a severe irritant and a lot milder than CS gas (a real disabler!).

It was only when the beating took place outside that the line was overstepped, then again he might of been out of control.

I've seen the scandi's when they've got the drink in them, and if they feel they've been wronged or cheated (either deliberately or mistakenly etc) they are a terrible sight to behold. The old berserker can come out and you've got to stand and deliver or receive a bashing.

As soon as I read the newspaper article. I thought, 'Right, fair enough. that's viking mans side of the story. Now lets hear the bar owners/managers.' To many quick to judge types on this forum. A sane person managing a go-go joint or bar etc would not willingly attack a customer unless it's as a last resort, it's commercial suicide for one thing and very few expats (even the rough and tumble ones) would wish to frequent a place with an out-of-control farang running the place.

Let Jason come forth and recount the nights tale!

Us Brits (english) do like a good ruck on a weekend. What's wrong with that? A few teeth missing here and there, the odd broken nose, a pint or 2 of blood to fertilize the gound.

Roll on the weekend!! :o

Hello. My names Terry and I'm a law abider,There's nothing I like more than getting fired up on beer And when the weekends here I to exercise my right to get paralytic and fight Good bloke fairly But I get well leery when geezers look at me funny Bounce 'em round like bunnies I'm likely to cause mischief Good clean grief you must believe and I ain't no thief. Law abiding and all, all legal. And who cares about my liver when it feels good what you need is some real manhood. Rasher Rasher Barney and Kasha putting peoples backs up.

Public disorder, I'll give you public disorder. I down eight pints and run all over the place Spit in the face of an officer See if that bothers you cause I never broke a law in my life Someday I'm gonna settle down with a wife Come on lads lets have another fight.

I told him: "Top with me and you won't leave." So I smacked him in the head and downed another Carling Bada Bada Bing for the lad's night. Mad fight, his face's a sad sight. Vodka and Snake Bite. Going on like a right geez, he's a <deleted>, Shouldn't have looked at me like that. Anyway I'm an upstanding citizen If a war came along I'd be on the front line with em.

The customer may of done the right thing, he sprayed the viking man with the pepper spray because he'd already hit Jason once and had an unfair advantage. Pepper spray, a non-lethal weapon does not cause injury, is merely a severe irritant and a lot milder than CS gas (a real disabler!).

It was only when the beating took place outside that the line was overstepped, then again he might of been out of control.

I've seen the scandi's when they've got the drink in them, and if they feel they've been wronged or cheated (either deliberately or mistakenly etc) they are a terrible sight to behold. The old berserker can come out and you've got to stand and deliver or receive a bashing.

As soon as I read the newspaper article. I thought, 'Right, fair enough. that's viking mans side of the story. Now lets hear the bar owners/managers.' To many quick to judge types on this forum. A sane person managing a go-go joint or bar etc would not willingly attack a customer unless it's as a last resort, it's commercial suicide for one thing and very few expats (even the rough and tumble ones) would wish to frequent a place with an out-of-control farang running the place.

Read the original story again!! The "viking" picked up a bottle, but Jason hit him before being hit by the "viking". Thinking about this again I probably have to conclude that all 3 farangs involved are low-lifes.

By the way; do our scandinavian friends here feel the same about being called "vikings" as many on this forum feel about being called "farangs"???

Us Brits (english) do like a good ruck on a weekend. What's wrong with that? A few teeth missing here and there, the odd broken nose, a pint or 2 of blood to fertilize the gound.

Roll on the weekend!! :o

Hello. My names Terry and I'm a law abider,There's nothing I like more than getting fired up on beer And when the weekends here I to exercise my right to get paralytic and fight Good bloke fairly But I get well leery when geezers look at me funny Bounce 'em round like bunnies I'm likely to cause mischief Good clean grief you must believe and I ain't no thief. Law abiding and all, all legal. And who cares about my liver when it feels good what you need is some real manhood. Rasher Rasher Barney and Kasha putting peoples backs up.

Public disorder, I'll give you public disorder. I down eight pints and run all over the place Spit in the face of an officer See if that bothers you cause I never broke a law in my life Someday I'm gonna settle down with a wife Come on lads lets have another fight.

I told him: "Top with me and you won't leave." So I smacked him in the head and downed another Carling Bada Bada Bing for the lad's night. Mad fight, his face's a sad sight. Vodka and Snake Bite. Going on like a right geez, he's a <deleted>, Shouldn't have looked at me like that. Anyway I'm an upstanding citizen If a war came along I'd be on the front line with em.

Hmmm....I'm not sure that you would pass the sanity test to join the army, even if there were a war.

By the way: there is an exception to every rule as they say, but the rule is, in my not so humble opinion, that most farang bar-owners/managers in thailand and other SE Asian countries are low-lifes and in the region for all the wrong reasons.

This is obviously a troll by a newbie with no understanding in life. What age are you? 12?

By the way: there is an exception to every rule as they say, but the rule is, in my not so humble opinion, that most farang bar-owners/managers in thailand and other SE Asian countries are low-lifes and in the region for all the wrong reasons. And there are a few more categories of employment to which this rule would apply.

And what categories or professions would those be?

Read the original story again!! The "viking" picked up a bottle, but Jason hit him before being hit by the "viking". Thinking about this again I probably have to conclude that all 3 farangs involved are low-lifes.

By the way; do our scandinavian friends here feel the same about being called "vikings" as many on this forum feel about being called "farangs"???

I stand corrected on the first paragraph but not the second.

The scandi's I've spoken to and been friends with consider the term 'viking' a badge of honour as a legacy harking back to their past!

In fact some now revert back to the old norse gods and have successfully had the religion 'norse heathen' recognised!

So on this you stand corrected Mr Jr. :o

If i saw a bottle rapidly coming into my face I would kick out with all i've got too. And hopefully some knight would come and save me with pepper spray. Only a females perspective.

Also, I lived in Edinburgh about 25 years ago and i felt safe there walking up the Lothian Road at 2/4 am, then i went back about 5 years later and went out for a drink with my brother. He would not let me walk home - either a taxi or go and sleep on his couch. I felt sad that I did not feel safe in a city where it used to be fun. Its the same here in Geneva - used to walk everywhere, now its taxi or leave the bar early enough to get the last bus.

Edited by Patsycat

I dont know how many feel about being called a farang.

Being called a viking?

I guess I rather want to be called a farang, since that is what I am in this country, and the "age of the Vikings" oficially ended after the battle at Stamford Bridge.

Norwegian Severely Assaulted By Briton, Customer beaten up by bar owner and his employees

If there's a foreigner involved in a fight (seen few since 2000) on Samui that I've seen, somehow in half of these there's been Briton involved. There was more before - less nowadays. Whose to point fingers but seems akward that generally peaceful (Never seen a Norwegian in a bar fight) BIG Norwegian would take a bottle and try to hit someone over 60 baht, sounds almost science fiction... Not pointing fingers thought. Truth is out there.

I had some 25 years ago unpleasent experience of getting pepper spay in to my eyes. They come in different strenghts / blends. If it was used from very close range and blend was strong one, it could actually damage eyes. How badly - ask these guys who die of "legal" tazer shots used by the police every year.

I'm baffled!! I've been reading the whole tread, and I've also read Norwegian newspapers, and strangefully they didn't mention anything of drunken berserks or vikings . It seems that this guy is a real tourist, and not a back to back TV kinda guy, being here on a two week holiday. As such he didn't know that he was in one of the worst neighborhoods of Pattaya. As a long time resident here, I can assure all of you not familiar with this area, that this is not a neighborhood where Pattayans would want to spend any time after sunset (unless you like to hang out with petty criminals, and tattooed, moneyborowing, football hooligans).

As I understand it a tourist was severely beaten by a bar owner in his bar, approx. two hours after the regulated closing time and ended up in hospital, at 3 30 a.m.

The "upstanding" not so law abiding bar owner/lawbreaker fled the scene, thai style :D , and went to BKK even though he has a potential crises on his hands, or maybe this is not a crisis, but a normal business decision. That wouldn't surprise me, as the business is located in Soi Buakhao and that's probably why it didn't have CCTV either :o

In a normal bar if something like this happened, the normal way to handle it would have been calling the police wouldn't you think? :D

I f you as a bar owner don't see this, you should not run such a bar at all. and you should at least be responsible enough to take responsibility for any and all damages you made to a tourist obviously in the wrong bar, and of course STOP PADDING THE BILLS! and beat up tourists, It's not what we refer to as customer service

A shameful Pattayan :D

In a normal bar if something like this happened, the normal way to handle it would have been calling the police wouldn't you think? :D

I f you as a bar owner don't see this, you should not run such a bar at all. and you should at least be responsible enough to take responsibility for any and all damages you made to a tourist obviously in the wrong bar, and of course STOP PADDING THE BILLS! and beat up tourists, It's not what we refer to as customer service

A shameful Pattayan :D

No, it is not the normal way to handle a dispute in a pub or bar. The last thing you want is the police strolling through your establishment, that's a real evening killer. What you try and do is settle the matter amicably and quietly but what happened here is that one, or other, of the parties involved spat the dummy out. Who it was we don't, and probably will never, know unless we can get the story from an unbiased witness.

The other possible reason for not involving the BiB is that it would appear, assuming the "victim" went straight to the hospital, that the establishment was still open way after permitted hours. Maybe that's why the bar owner had an urgent business appointment in Bangkok. :o

As for padding the bill, nobody has questioned this claim. 60 Baht seems a paltry amount to add to a customer's bin. I don't know the place but I doubt if that would buy even one beer so what can you get for 60 Baht in a Pattaya gogo bar? Of course it could have been an error in adding up the total, that does happen the world over, but that would have been very easily settled under normal circumstances.

Does it really matter where either of them come from?

It is a sad thing if the patron was beaten up over 60 Baht. What is equally sad is the reputation Pattaya will get here. The Bar owner (since none of us knows what really happens) will be the bad guy, why? He is not in the hospital.

Pepper spray can be dangerous enough, depends on where it hits you. If I was sprayed first I would certainly retaliate with everything I have, that is called PANIC.

If the bar owner is innocent it which he might as well be (since we dont know what happened), the police will still come there and get their little brown envelope.

Sure you can see these things all over the world, but shocking news, beaten up over 60 Baht sells newspapers. Please think of the larger picture here... Someone will be punished, but I dont think it will be the right people.

Either way, all the bars in Pattaya will lose over this, scandinavians (there is a few of them there now) will be worried. English people will get a bad reputation again, and "peaceful" Pattaya will get another black mark in the tourist guides...

People come and people leave... Who really cares about what happened?

I don't give a sh*t what happened, do you snowflake?? As for your point about English peole getting a bad reputation AGAIN!! what do you mean by that?? when did the English have a bad reputation before?? enlighten me :o:D

As for your point about English peole getting a bad reputation AGAIN!! what do you mean by that?? when did the English have a bad reputation before?? enlighten me :o:D

My guess would be anytime from the mid 1500s

Yes, starting swilling ale at around 12:00 or maybe even earlier by about 15:30 they are tanked up and ready for it.

What you try and do is settle the matter amicably and quietly.

I totally agree with you on that, what I was referring to was what you do if that fails.

The last thing you want is the police strolling through your establishment, that's a real evening killer.

This is only true if you break the law, in Pattaya any bar owner knows that police will come to your place on a regular basis and test your staff for drugs, check that nobody inside is under aged, check your licenses, check that your CCTV works, and of course respond to unreasonable punters, in fact the police love to get involved in that, since there is money to be made, and compensation to be had for the bar owner. In this particular incident I guess police involvement would have been a real killer both for the bar (serving alcohol outside legal hours) and the punters (I'll keep my thoughts to myself on this one)

Morty