Selling Houses

Rob5060

Probably an impossible question to anwser but I will ask anyway

How easy is it generally to sell a house I have a typical 5 year old 3 bed house at Laguna Home which I might try to sell

If I discounted could it sell quite quickly.

I know its like asking how long is a piece of string but I just wonder generally how people have got on when trying to sell

I suppose another idea would be to buy a new house and part exchange , anybody know if this is feasible

Probably an impossible question to anwser but I will ask anyway

How easy is it generally to sell a house I have a typical 5 year old 3 bed house at Laguna Home which I might try to sell

If I discounted could it sell quite quickly.

I know its like asking how long is a piece of string but I just wonder generally how people have got on when trying to sell

I suppose another idea would be to buy a new house and part exchange , anybody know if this is feasible

If you haven't already, have a look at the real estate forums at http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showforum=59.

It was very handy to me when I was buying a house, and might be for you in selling a house. Of course, the forum is not very Chiang Mai focused, so hopefully you will get some local answers here.

Try posting it on all the classifieds on the web, including Thai ones and see what response you get.

Not to forget putting a sign on the house as you may have neighbours who have friends who would like a house in same vicinity. If you are in a small soi, put a sign on the corner of the main street, no one is going to drive down the small sois.

Maybe try posting with some of the real estate agents, but I don't have any experience with any, maybe someone else can fill in as to how efficient and motivated they are.

As to price, well yes, how long is a piece of string. Thai buyers will definitely be looking and comparing to the price of the same house as new.

people are generally looking for houses below 3Million. easier to sell. i have been trying to sell two houses for the past couple of months and its extremely difficult to sell. good luck to you.

This is pretty acurate. That is the preferred price range and houses are hard to sell right now.

Overseas the customer and real estate will agree on an advertising strategy (paid for by seller) and proceed. This is generally on an exclusive listing, and it will move. Here everyone throws the property out to everyone and his dog, tuk tuk driver, guide, and hotel waitress as OPEN and won't pay for advertising. So they are just hoping for an on-line viewing or fluke. So, yes, particularly in todays market where it is hard for foreigners to buy, sales for houses are slow, and owners won't listen to how to actually move it (better chance at any rate).

In a slow market you need a strategy, but very few will believe that, and consequently they don't sell. Footnote: even with the best attempts it is still hard to move houses in the current climate.

people are generally looking for houses below 3Million. easier to sell. i have been trying to sell two houses for the past couple of months and its extremely difficult to sell. good luck to you.

This is pretty acurate. That is the preferred price range and houses are hard to sell right now.

Overseas the customer and real estate will agree on an advertising strategy (paid for by seller) and proceed. This is generally on an exclusive listing, and it will move. Here everyone throws the property out to everyone and his dog, tuk tuk driver, guide, and hotel waitress as OPEN and won't pay for advertising. So they are just hoping for an on-line viewing or fluke. So, yes, particularly in todays market where it is hard for foreigners to buy, sales for houses are slow, and owners won't listen to how to actually move it (better chance at any rate).

In a slow market you need a strategy, but very few will believe that, and consequently they don't sell. Footnote: even with the best attempts it is still hard to move houses in the current climate.

i forone are hoping the climate for buying and selling will change after the elections on the 23 rd ,but im not holding my breath :o

Yes... I heard about my current house from my former landlady. The house was never listed anywhere, no signs were ever put up and it was all word of mouth.

And as for a strategy to sell... the guy I bought from had it figured out. Lower the price to absolutely rock bottom, make it too good to pass up.