Completing Tm7 & Tm8

Hi,

I'm just filling in forms TM7 and TM8 preparatory to applying for a 1 year retirement extension to my 1 year Non-O in about a week's time. I don't want to fill in the forms incorrectly if I can help it, but a few things are not 100% clear to me. Can anybody please help/advise me what I should put in the following fields:

TM7

1. After filling in my passport and visa details, it asks "arrived by (mode of transportation) ... from ... port of arrival ... date... etc."

Is this referring to my last entry stamp, which was from a visa run to Cambodia in October, so the port of entry was physically Hat Lek, but the entry stamp says "Immigration Klong Yai"? I assume that, since Klong Yai is the biggest town locally in that area, then this is where the Immigration Police have their office. Do I put Hat Lek or Klong Yai?

Alternatively, is the question perhaps referring to my original arrival on the 1 year Non-O way back in January, which was at Suvarnabhumi, arriving from London Heathrow?

2. Where it says "I wish to apply for an extension of temporary stay in the Kingdom for another period of ... days", do you put 365 days, or cross out "days" and just write 1 year? Hold on - I just realised that next year is a leap year, so it would have to be 366 days!

TM8

1. After you tick the box which asks if you want to apply for a single or multiple re-entry permit, it asks you for details of your travel plans. My current stamp allows me to stay in Thailand until 1st January 2008. But I am going to the UK over Christmas and New Year for 4 weeks on 20th December 2007. I will return to Thailand on 17th January 2008. I have no other firm travel plans for 2008 at the moment, although I will almost certainly be going to The Philippines in April to escape the Pattaya water madness. Should I enter my travel plans as the impending (and 100% certain) trip back to the UK over Christmas, or some notional plans for The Philippines in April?

The reason I ask this is that I gather from reading past experiences that it is a bit uncertain whether the retirement extension would be granted from the last date of entry to Thailand (4th October 2007) or the last date of my current permission to stay (1st January 2008). I believe that the latter is the most likely from what I have read, but in that case my travel ex-Thailand would not be on the retirement extension but on the current 1 year Non-O with permission to stay until 1st January. I suppose that since I would be travelling back to Thailand on 17th January, after the 1 year retirement extension came into effect on 1st January, then the multiple re-entry permit would be used for the first time to come back to the Kingdom and so the trip back to the UK really is relevant to its issue? I am probably worrying too much about details here, but if anybody has any thoughts I would be interested to hear them.

2. On the same lines I suppose as my first question on form TM7 above, TM8 asks for details of your current visa, where it was issued and so on. No problem, but it then asks "I arrived in Thailand on ... (etc., etc.) and have been permitted to stay up to:"

Again, is this the date of the stamp from my last visa run in October, with permission to stay until 1st January 2008, or does it refer to my original arrival in Thailand on the Non-O back in January?

If anybody can help with the above questions to allow me to get my first application right, I would be grateful.

Thanks. :o

Edited by Guderian

I can help you with a couple of the easy ones until one of the supermods arrives

on the scene. Had Lek is the Mooban or village. Klong Yai is the amphur or district.

There doesn't seem to be any convention to what appears on your entry stamp, at

ban Laem for example, amphur Pong nam ron appears on your stamp. Either/or.

The information requested is for your last entry. That's it for me, this visa forum

is mildly aggravating in that you actually have to stop and think before replying. :o

1. Use what is in your passport - "Klong Yai" and mode is "land"

2. 365 or 366 should be good.

1. Once you make application for extension of stay your previous stay stamp is done - your new stamp is all important and that is what will be used for your re-entry permit. It has no start date - only an ending date so it does not matter how it is counted - once you have it that is it. So I would put down the travel you are sure of.

2. You arrived on your TM.6 arrival card date/stamp (1 of the TM.7 questions). You are permitted to stay until the date you received from Immigration when you submitted the TM.7 extension. You have to wait until you have the TM.7 extension of stay stamp before you do the TM.8 re-entry permit process.

cali4995 and lopburi,

Thanks for the replies. Klong Yai by land and 366 days it is then.

I gather from your reply, lopburi, that when these Thai immigration forms ask for information about arrivals and so on, they are referring only to the current TM6 form in your passport, and not to any previous history. Is that right?

If the retirement extension has no start date, then indeed I think I should include the details of my trip over Christmas as you suggest.

Thanks again!