Tonic Rays @ Riverside Sat 8/12

realthaideal

So... if you dig the Tonic Rays or wanna check out one of CM's funnest and hottest bands, you should hop on down to The Riverside this Sat Night for their album release party. It's already holiday-go-out-alot season, so yeah, I'll be there. I always enjoy their shows. They're a solid group with great original stuff and a clever mix of covers when they do them!

I'm on their mailing list and they say it like this:

The Riverside

Saturday, 8th December

11 pm

'November 222' is opening for them. Admission is free, and they say CDs will be available at a special launch party price.

2090153199_f6db88c35a.jpg

And apparently this 'Tonic' thing is now in bottled form as their advert informs me:

INGREDIENTS: Marie Dance, vocals & guitar; Joe Cummings, vocals &

guitar; Chakkawan Wattanapan, bass; Mark Iwamoto, drums. DOSAGE:

Once, twice or more daily, as needed. Best absorbed when played

loudly. COMMON SIDE EFFECTS: Light-headedness; sardophilia

(involuntary smiling); uncontrollable hip-shaking; tingling in the

loins. RARE SIDE EFFECTS: Obsessive-compulsive attendance of TR

performances. CONTRAINDICATIONS: Does not mix well with click tracks.

Ability to operate drum machines may be impaired while undergoing

treatment. Keep out of reach of jazz lovers.

I've seen what happens when you get the loin tingling, and I've suffered myself from the light headdedness. And maybe I've attended a little compulsively at times too. But I just drink other tonics for that. See you there.

There's an admission price? Kidding - I am sure it is worth it. Great music and I am looking forward to having their CD.

Earlier that evening is Tuskers coupon-draw night at 7:30 - perhaps I will find someone there who can lead an old geezer to the Riverside since I have never been there. I'll buy the first round with my Tuskers winnings... :o

(edited due to fast fingers, slow brain)

Edited by Dustoff

I hear that Tonic Rays T-shirts that arrived too late for the party will be available at the Bangkok (Fri 14 Dec) and Pai (Fri 21 Dec) launch parties, or at at Guitarman beginning next week or so. Cds will also be available at Guitarman.

Does anyone have the prices for the Tshirts and CD's?

CB

I asked one of the T-Rays and they say it's 300 baht for CDs, 200 baht for t-shirts. The CDs will also be available on amazon.com within a few weeks, prices at US$12.98. With PayPal they can also be had direct from www.thetonicrays.com for US$15, postpaid worldwide.

The t-shirts are in limited quantity, I'm told. :o But they plan to issue them in a series, each generation different. :D