Interior

Recaro SP3

TRD stearing wheel

1000HPFORTUNER0001.jpg

1000HPFORTUNER0002.jpg

1000HPFORTUNER0003.jpg

1000HPFORTUNER0004.jpg

1000HPFORTUNERENGINEBAY.jpg

Sweet, but its not really a Fortuner anymore is it. More like a supra in a fortuner body:) I'd be more impressed if they could extract 500HP out of the diesel!

It would definately still be a fortuner.

500 HP out of the toyota 3.0 ltr diesel engine would not be a problem at all IF you would bother to go down that route.

You would for sure not be impressed though. Your huge monthly engine repair bills, your car being parked all the time at the mechanic shop, when working letting out more black smoke than the green buses in bangkok does and also not fun with the short RPM powerband which diesel engines got.

Not the way to go!

That's actually a DOHC gasoline/petrol/benzine engine. :D It's probably the most popular engine for conversions in Thailand... sort of like an Asian version of a small block Chevy.

....a gasoline, petrol, benzine engine... hmmm.. never heard of that expression before over a car engine. But sawat di krap for the expression though. :D

The most swoped engine in Thailand these days would be the 1JZ and not the 2JZ which is out of price range for many thais.

If a version of a US engine, the 2JZ would be the Japanese version of THE most strong US engine ever built. The 2JZ is the most over-engineered 6 cyl engine ever to leave a car manufacturer in a standard car. Its a pure race breed engine and comes with absolutely no bullshit. This is a true petrol heads engine choice.

You want to hear how the 2 JZ sounds like in a +800 HP trim and accelerating on one of Bangkok highways. From 1st and up to 5th gear in 8.5 sec :D

This is a One In The World project where The Otto shop in Bangkok has put a 2JZ into the R32 Skyline and with the 4wd all working.

Check it out

http://www.scmotorsports.ca/public/media/CIMG0273.AVI :o

Why bother?

It will handle like a bucket of sh!te on a roller skate.

So thats why Brabus the Benz tuner has a 600 hp ML SUV in their program.. Because they handle like shit?

Cars like these are equiped with parts to handle big performance from top to toe.

Yes they can never handle like a performance sport sedan or a pure sportscar but the other way around a real sports car can never be used on a dirt road with some bumps.

If this was my car I would lowered it some but who knows if the guy has a grandmother living in a remote village..

Different needs.. different taste and some times the only reason is just for doing it itself! What a wonderful place to live in compared to all being =

• 2 weeks later...

This "car" looks like the answer to a question that no-one is asking. Unless the question is "Tell me, as I should really like to know; how should I take a perfectly reasonable car and, by the spending of obscene amounts of dosh, turn it into a hideous contrivance that would forever single-out its owner as an unspeakable chav?"

Maybe he means "dynos". The engine might pull a 1000hp on a dyno but put in in a car and it only turns 13 sec 1/4 mile times??? If I had an engine that pulled 1000 hp on an engine dyno (as opposed to a rear wheel dyno) and the car only ran 13 sec 1/4s I would have to use it as a boat anchor and shoot the engine builder.

Whatever the details are re this pathetic device, with the money that was spent on it, a decent car could have been bought in the first place. It's a bit like these kn*bbers you see back in the UK who spent so much on a vanity plate, they couldn't afford a reasonable car to screw it onto.

DUN 4 on a clapped-out Mk2 Sierra, for example.

1000hp haha, fun as shit. imagen the insane overstear on that. drifting...well more like over power boost...

13seconds....what??????? thats way to slow. hes got serious traction issues. my 220hp eg runs 13. and i have seen dozens of tritons.vigos and the like with 300-400hp running low 14 high 13.

as for 500hp in a pickup with a desiel it can be managed without squiding all over bangkok. u just need a to modify the fuel system, fuel lines, injectors and so on. from my understanding the smog is produced by insufficient burning of the desiel at high pressure rates. so by modifying the block and fuel system im sure 500hp in a truck would be as satisfying or more so (due to weight reasons) would smoke my all favourite dodge ram srt 10! :o

gotta love an 8L-v10 in a truck! haha

Sorry, I forgot about this thread.

The "y" and "u" key are right next to eachother

soooo duno= dyno

It's a common joke about supras being dyno-queens and can't get any traction and often run piss poor numbers.

This has nothing to do with how amazing overly engineered this engine is, but rather poor driving. Tons of nasty 7-8sec supras out there...

i completly agree, i saw a 500whp civic hatch eg, run mid 7seconds quater mile on slicks.

as for supras pushing down huge numbers but some slow times. 1j-2j or even 3j producing massive power is easy, its all about tracation. so i would suggest the owner of the fortuner to go for a 2 way if not more side lsd, triple plate clutch, axels, drive shaft and most importantly.....high contact street tiers......

low times are only consistent with the drivers ability to handle his/her machine close to the limit.

to be honest. it would take guts to floor a 1000whp fortuner in any 2-6gear....respect!

• 1 year later...
I'm gonna get mine up to the same spec and blow everything off the road.......

I'm also gonna drive aimlessly around Pattaya doing wheelspins in Soi 6 just to impress the girls. :o

Mate,you know they will be impressed,hel_l I'M IMPRESSED! :D Don't forget the camcorder,so you can video the young ladies reactions...A bit like Tom Jones and the undies he gets thrown at him... :D

I'm also gonna drive aimlessly around Pattaya doing wheelspins in Soi 6 just to impress the girls. :o

Mate,you know they will be impressed,hel_l I'M IMPRESSED! :wai: Don't forget the camcorder,so you can video the young ladies reactions...A bit like Tom Jones and the undies he gets thrown at him... :D

Mate, I get the undies thrown at me in my bog standard Fortuner,,,,,,, also some bottles, ashtrays, glasses, stones and various sizes of gravel.

My main aim is to intimidate Farangs who seem to be the only people pissed off about Fortuners.... It wouldbe worth 400,000 Baht just to piss them off even more. :D

I love it in Pataya when it's pizzing down of rain and some young 40 Kg crackerjack looks at me me sitting in my air conditioned Fortuner whilst she's sat on the pillion seat of some old Farangs Honda Wave, the smile, the phone number, the whispered " I love you " says a lot to me.

Then the lights change and the old guy zips past all the cars and i'm stuck there for a further 10 Minutes ..... :D

Can't have everything in life I guess, I got looks, Charisma, Money, the SUV, the body, but I don't have a Honda Wave...oh well... :D

I'm also gonna drive aimlessly around Pattaya doing wheelspins in Soi 6 just to impress the girls. :D

Mate,you know they will be impressed,hel_l I'M IMPRESSED! :P Don't forget the camcorder,so you can video the young ladies reactions...A bit like Tom Jones and the undies he gets thrown at him... :D

Mate, I get the undies thrown at me in my bog standard Fortuner,,,,,,, also some bottles, ashtrays, glasses, stones and various sizes of gravel.

My main aim is to intimidate Farangs who seem to be the only people pissed off about Fortuners.... It wouldbe worth 400,000 Baht just to piss them off even more. :D

I love it in Pataya when it's pizzing down of rain and some young 40 Kg crackerjack looks at me me sitting in my air conditioned Fortuner whilst she's sat on the pillion seat of some old Farangs Honda Wave, the smile, the phone number, the whispered " I love you " says a lot to me.

Then the lights change and the old guy zips past all the cars and i'm stuck there for a further 10 Minutes ..... :D

Can't have everything in life I guess, I got looks, Charisma, Money, the SUV, the body, but I don't have a Honda Wave...oh well... :wai:

:o

I would of went the other direction.

I would leave the engine stock and use the money for the following:

Sound

dynaudio or focal speakers, zapco amps, Pioneer or eclipse dvd head. Maybe alchemy or aluma pro subs. JLs are ok.

Interior

Go leather, none of that recaro crap.

Maybe a refrigerator, massage seats. Go for that posse in the limo look.

Exterior:

Would have went Chip Foose or platinum style. West coast is ok but in the picture it still looks like its a fortuner.

Would have put hydraulics and dub spinner wheels. And they be spinning and dancing all over sukhumvit.