Cost For Purchase Of A House

I am looking at buying a house on land it is in a new subdivision in chaing Mai it was bought new and is now for sale again by a private person and is about 1 year old the owner has done alot of the upgrades and it seems right for me it is under 700k. I am a foreigner USA With a thai girlfriend here goes the same old story . I know Dont risk more than you are willing to lose so with that said I will roll the dice .

Can anyone guestimate the costs to have a purchase agreement drafted a title search and a 30 year lease agreement drafted and any other fees I am missing I was quoted 60k any atty listning What portion of that would be legal fees .Thanks for help

Is this rocket science

Sounds a bit steep. Best to give Sunbelt a shout - forum sponsor.

All that you require would come to something like 30-odd k + VAT/expenses, which would include the title search, reviewing purchase agreement, house registration, and lease.

Don't forget about the taxes - about 6%. As it's under five years owned, there'll also be a business tax; as well as the others, which includes a 2% transfer tax. The seller is generally supposed to pay the tax but it's common for both to come to an arrangement. You could just agree to pay the transfer tax, for example, as opposed to going 50/50 and then say you'll go 50/50 as your final offer...

May also be worth going the easier Usufruct route instead of the lease??

Thanks for the info not quite sure I understand all the taxes but I will talk to the seller again tonight.

Also I will need to brush up on the lease vs usufruct

Thanks again

Sounds a bit steep. Best to give Sunbelt a shout - forum sponsor.

All that you require would come to something like 30-odd k + VAT/expenses, which would include the title search, reviewing purchase agreement, house registration, and lease.

Don't forget about the taxes - about 6%. As it's under five years owned, there'll also be a business tax; as well as the others, which includes a 2% transfer tax. The seller is generally supposed to pay the tax but it's common for both to come to an arrangement. You could just agree to pay the transfer tax, for example, as opposed to going 50/50 and then say you'll go 50/50 as your final offer...

May also be worth going the easier Usufruct route instead of the lease??